Toy Story Land - post your experiences and questions here

gap2368

DIS Veteran
here now and in the land. For A2S you take your mobility devic right up to where you load at the load area they have you stand on a star if you have a mobility device you stand by another door to the ride and you go on. ( I hope this made since). If you can do a side step and sit in a chair you can do this ride I did not see any care that the side opens for to make the transfer easer

I've been wondering if these rides might be accessible since the new rides at Pandora AK are not. I've pretty much resigned myself that I can only do shows at WDW now that I am disabled.

I've been wondering if these rides might be accessible since the new rides at Pandora AK are not. I've pretty much resigned myself that I can only do shows at WDW now that I am disabled.

No, both rides require transfers

No, both rides require transfers
I can transfer at a ride like Soaring where I do not have to step down and then step back out. But Pirates of the Caribbean or another ride where one has to step out of a boat type vehicle is not accessible to me. I cannot do steps. I can do "same level" transfers.

My biggest fear is entering a ride where I can easily get into the ride vehicle - but that I am unable to get out at the end. Would I hold up the entire unloading process? Would they have to call EMS? I do not want to throw a monkey wrench into the loading/unloading process.

With the Alien ride, it's a loading process like Teacups (where one group enters as the other leaves). The CMs could hold as long as needbe (plus the seat was at a good height). For Slinky Dog, I found the seat to be a little lower (but not as low as Pirates). People exit from a different spot then people getting on

For Slinky Dog, I found the seat to be a little lower (but not as low as Pirates).

It really didn't have to be lower. :( Expedition Everest has a seat height that's close to my wheelchair seat and it's not too hard to do the transfer. Seat height for something like that is easy to adjust during the design phase.

I'll give it a try when I return in September.

A2S dose have a ride vehicle that the side opens to make transfer easer
I knew there was one, but didn’t find a picture that shows it.
I believe both of the new attractions have wider opening sides.

I can transfer at a ride like Soaring where I do not have to step down and then step back out. But Pirates of the Caribbean or another ride where one has to step out of a boat type vehicle is not accessible to me. I cannot do steps. I can do "same level" transfers.

My biggest fear is entering a ride where I can easily get into the ride vehicle - but that I am unable to get out at the end. Would I hold up the entire unloading process? Would they have to call EMS? I do not want to throw a monkey wrench into the loading/unloading process.

I have the exact same problem. You and me need to find an Imagineer, and bend his/her ear a little bit some day when we are both there at the same time LOL

I have the exact same problem. You and me need to find an Imagineer, and bend his/her ear a little bit some day when we are both there at the same time LOL
We'll have to plan that. But maybe we can meet up at Crystal Bridges sometime earlier.

We went to WDW in 2017 (during Irma), then at Christmas and earlier this year for Flower and Garden. I cancelled our September trip this year and am planning on staying in Arkansas for Christmas so we are taking a little break now.

We'll have to plan that. But maybe we can meet up at Crystal Bridges sometime earlier.

We went to WDW in 2017 (during Irma), then at Christmas and earlier this year for Flower and Garden. I cancelled our September trip this year and am planning on staying in Arkansas for Christmas so we are taking a little break now.

Oooooh isn't there a Georgia O'Keefe exhibit this summer? Might have to do that! :)

We have finally cancelled all of our 2018 plans and have moved our next trip to Jan 2019. I don't want to go back to WDW until I am really recovered from my accident; the next trip will be my 1 year "anniversary" of that, so I am planning on celebrating that, alone with everything else! :)

This is the Slinky Dog ride seat posted today by Webmaster Corey. I am sure it’s the regular one, not the ADA one that opens up farther on the side.
https://www.disboards.com/media/slinky-dog-dash-017.86289/full
full

And the Alien Swirling Saucer, also posted by Webmaster Corey today.
https://www.disboards.com/media/alien-swirling-saucers-006.86304/full

full

Let’s keep this thread for accessibility and ride information about the new rides since it’s alrady started. If it ends up too far down the list, lanejudy or I can stick it yo the top of the board.

This is the Slinky Dog ride seat posted today by Webmaster Corey. I am sure it’s the regular one, not the ADA one that opens up farther on the side.
https://www.disboards.com/media/slinky-dog-dash-017.86289/full
full

And the Alien Swirling Saucer, also posted by Webmaster Corey today.
https://www.disboards.com/media/alien-swirling-saucers-006.86304/full

full

Let’s keep this thread for accessibility and ride information about the new rides since it’s alrady started. If it ends up too far down the list, lanejudy or I can stick it yo the top of the board.
The first photo looks like the regular ride set the back set does look like it has a door that would open to make transfer easer ( I was a few people back when someone in a wheelchair got on it looked like the CM opened a door for her to get in. The second picture is the wheelchair transfer car but it is closed.

It's a little tricky to see the scale in a closeup; is the Aliens ride vehicle meant to seat one or two riders?

The first photo looks like the regular ride set the back set does look like it has a door that would open to make transfer easer ( I was a few people back when someone in a wheelchair got on it looked like the CM opened a door for her to get in. The second picture is the wheelchair transfer car but it is closed.
I don’t think that is the transfer car. If you look at the picture, the same ‘seam’ is on the other side.
The openings are usually not noticeable unless you know what to look for. I don’t see anything that opens along the bottom - looks very solid at the floor.

I also don’t think the Aliens ride car is the accessible transfer car. I don’t see anything in that picture that looks different then any of the other Alien spaceships and don’t see anything that looks like it opens. My guess is that it will probably open similar to Dumbo since the ride car itself is curved.
P5102395.jpg

It's a little tricky to see the scale in a closeup; is the Aliens ride vehicle meant to seat one or two riders?
The ride vehicle maximum capacity is 2 large ‘toys’ and one small ‘toy’.

Allen does have a ride car where the side opens and you must then transfer over was sitting at the ride when they were helping someone on the ride and this is what they did wish I took a picture but did not

Allen does have a ride car where the side opens and you must then transfer over was sitting at the ride when they were helping someone on the ride and this is what they did wish I took a picture but did not
I know they do. I just haven’t seen a picture yet.
My guess is that it will probably swing away like the Dumbo ones do, but it may also open like a door.

They could have done so much more with Slinky Dog by just raising the tracks up a foot higher. They did that with EE and it works great for transfers and getting in and out.

Expedition_Everest_Train_06.jpg

It sounds as if, from what I'm reading here, these might be "doable" for me after all. I read somewhere that you had to transfer to a wheelchair to go through the queue, and since I'll be solo that's not necessarily possible (unless I get a super-nice CM who offers to push me, as happened once). But now from what I read, it may be more like other rides I've encountered, where I stay on my ECV until I get within a few feet of the ride vehicle, then take out my cane and walk the 5 steps or so over to the seat. Is that right? If so, bring on the rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter