Toy Story 4 Mini Review (No Spoilers)

I really enjoyed the movie, more than I thought I would. It did made me think about your purpose in life, a heavy subject for a Pixar movie! I laughed at a few moments, and even having a storm that interrupted our showing (we had to wait for them to reset the projector/computer) didn't kill the fun. It wasn't exactly the most necessary movie, I agree with the posters above, but it was still a movie I'd recommend.

I will admit that I'm just not willing to pay movie prices to see this one (although, I'd pay for this before seeing one of the live action remakes). I felt like 3 sort of wrapped it up all nice and neat and that anything after that is a cash grab timed to keep people interested in the TS land expansion in HS. The only story line I'd be interested in seeing in the world of Toy Story is a prequel on Woody. I don't think it's really necessary and I'm sure there will be holes and incongruencies, sort of like Monsters U, but I'd find it much more interesting to see the evolution of Woody. Of course, it bugs me that we know he's some vintage toy that has to predate Andy's childhood, yet we only hear about Andy being his kid, so I have to wonder how they'd explain that without hurting the existing stories.

MAJOR SPOILER
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Here is where they really missed the mark for me. Right at the end. Woody is leaving the gang and there is nearly nothing given to this. Those toys are his friend and family and there is very little emotional time given to this.

Buzz just says they will be fine and that is it.

This should have been a huge emotional scene and man was it lacking.

He needed to have an emotional goodbye with all of the toys. Then officially pass the torch to buzz. Give him a sheriff badge. Then have an emotional goodbye to buzz.

Something like that or anything more than what was given.

Imho.

MAJOR SPOILER
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
The boards have a spoiler tag that would let you post things like this.
The spoiler text would go here and then people wouldn't see it when scrolling to the next post.]
Which may not work right...

Last edited:
I figure the forced scroll down should suffice.
Apparently I did something wrong when trying to demonstrate the spoiler tag in Post #25. Here is what it would look like.
The text of the spoiler would go here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!