Towncar Service

This is what the limo services say:

Port Canaveral Rules

Port Canaveral recently passed a new law restricing all transportation companies from dropping passengers off before 11:00 AM. Due to this restriction, FL Tours is unable to pick guests up from the airport or Disney resorts before 10:00 AM.

We've always found them to hold firm on this

I have emailed 3 services for quotes and have asked specifically about getting to the terminal unloading area around 9:30. Tiffany, Happy Limo, and Southern Elegance say there is no issue at all about arriving at that time. So I guessI will choose one of them. All of them, including FL Tours range between $235 and $250 round trip. So price isn't a huge consideration. Maybe I should contact FL Tours to get them a fair shake. Could someone direct to where they state they will not drop you off till 11:00? I can't seem to find the quote from above.

Whoops, found the statement when checking the rates on FL Tours at the bottom. But when I google the law they are stating, I come up with nothing. I went ahead and emailed FL Tours to verify this statement. Still waiting to hear back. Well I will leave at that and choose a company. Thanks again everyone!

Whoops, found the statement when checking the rates on FL Tours at the bottom. But when I google the law they are stating, I come up with nothing. I went ahead and emailed FL Tours to verify this statement. Still waiting to hear back. Well I will leave at that and choose a company. Thanks again everyone!
Would like to hear what you find out. I have booked Tiffany for our December cruise with a pickup time at poly for 9:30. No mention of the time being a problem. Thanks

Would like to hear what you find out. I have booked Tiffany for our December cruise with a pickup time at poly for 9:30. No mention of the time being a problem. Thanks

Pick-up of 9:30 at the Poly is perfectly fine. That should put you to the port 10:45 or 11.

The OP is talking about being dropped off at the port at 9:30 - at least half an hour before the port even opens to non-DCL transportation guests.

Thanks all! I will definitely check out Southern Elegance. DH has decided we are doing car service for sure. He doesn't want to haul all our luggage back to MCO to pick up a DCL transfer. I called Tiffany and they have no problem with picking us up at 8:30 from our hotel with drop off at port around 9:30. This is what we have always done in the past. I am using Hilton points for our room at the Embassy Suites the night before the cruise. So I guess DH has no problem spending a bit more on a car service. :) December 2 can't get here too soon!

Please be aware that Southern Elegance also allows you one 20-minute grocery stop and will stop at the Publix with the liquor store. We always get our wine and water and salty snacks from there -- and maybe some magazines and sunscreen. Make a list before you go as that 20 minutes includes check out time!

Please be aware that Southern Elegance also allows you one 20-minute grocery stop and will stop at the Publix with the liquor store. We always get our wine and water and salty snacks from there -- and maybe some magazines and sunscreen. Make a list before you go as that 20 minutes includes check out time!

I am leaning towards them. They were the most responsive and the pictures of the inside of their town cars looks a lot nicer than the ones we have ridden in. It seems they do a lot of weddings and special events. So keeping their cars top notch is probably pretty important to them. One question, where is the Publix? Since we are coming from a hotel near MCO, I just wondered. I am still waiting to hear from FL Tours about the "law" they stated about on their site. No one else seems to know anything about it.

I am leaning towards them. They were the most responsive and the pictures of the inside of their town cars looks a lot nicer than the ones we have ridden in. It seems they do a lot of weddings and special events. So keeping their cars top notch is probably pretty important to them. One question, where is the Publix? Since we are coming from a hotel near MCO, I just wondered. I am still waiting to hear from FL Tours about the "law" they stated about on their site. No one else seems to know anything about it.

I have know the husband and wife team -- Miguel and Jackie -- for years, and even knew the previous owners. All wonderful and their drivers are most respectful and timely. If you get Jackie, tell her Bob and Cathy say HI LOL

Reactions: eva

Ok, I know...Let it go! Unfortunately, once I get a question on my mind, I can't seem to let it go till I find the REAL answer. I did a search on the DIS and here is the thread I found:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/getting-to-port.3423149/

So it seems the same question was being discussed 2 years ago with the same unresolved answers. I believe that the port has asked that services try to arrive after 11am, but most disregard it. I am just going to go ahead and book Southern Elegance. I sent this email to FL Tours yesterday with no response after 24 hours.

Hello, I was looking at rates on your sight. We are looking at round trip from MCO to Disney's cruise terminal. While on your site I saw this statement:

Port Canaveral Rules
Port Canaveral recently passed a new law restricing all transportation companies from dropping passengers off before 11:00 AM. Due to this restriction, FL Tours is unable to pick guests up from the airport or Disney resorts before 10:00 AM.

I have emailed and spoken with 3 other transportation companies and they all have stated that they can drop us off at the terminal at port at 9:45am. Is this law still in affect?

Thanks,
Eva

Ok, I know...Let it go! Unfortunately, once I get a question on my mind, I can't seem to let it go till I find the REAL answer. I did a search on the DIS and here is the thread I found:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/getting-to-port.3423149/

So it seems the same question was being discussed 2 years ago with the same unresolved answers. I believe that the port has asked that services try to arrive after 11am, but most disregard it. I am just going to go ahead and book Southern Elegance. I sent this email to FL Tours yesterday with no response after 24 hours.

Hello, I was looking at rates on your sight. We are looking at round trip from MCO to Disney's cruise terminal. While on your site I saw this statement:

Port Canaveral Rules

I have emailed and spoken with 3 other transportation companies and they all have stated that they can drop us off at the terminal at port at 9:45am. Is this law still in affect?

Thanks,
Eva

I've never heard of it, but we have arrived as early as 10:30. We never choose to arrive any earlier as we are usually at a resort and want to hand around for breakfast. We usually get picked up at 9:30, have the grocery stop and are there before 11 a.m. If you book with them, be sure to let them know you want the grocery stop.

Here is the email response from FL Tours:

"Yes, you are correct the law is not enforced anymore but since then we have adapted to work on schedule back and forth to the port. On cruise days all our Cars start at port between 8am and 9am to bringing clients back to the Orlando/Disney area, so we won’t have cars back before 10am."

Guess I will stick with Southern Elegance or Tiffany.

We used FL Tours 3 weeks ago on our cruise. I booked with around February for a 10 am pickup and reserved a town car. We were staying on property at WDW. I received a call from them about 9:30 am that the town car was not back from the port yet. They had a van on the way to pick us up instead. The van showed up at 10 am. They also offered us a free grocery store stop for the inconvenience (we only had a one way rental). We were the only ones in the van and it all worked out. We had a 11:15-11:30 check in and we pulled in about 11:10.

The driver said more or less the same thing, they all go to the port early to pick up, and in the case of the town car we had there was a delay family coming back from the port, so they left the port later than planned. There is always a chance that could happen but their service was great and the driver was awesome.

We just used A1 Elite for limo service on 2/10/17 from WDW property to port canveral with a 9:30am pick-up and had no issues with pick up time or being dropped off at port prior to 11am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter