Tower of terror!

battymum

DIS Veteran
I am trying to talk myself into experiencing the tower of terror in tokyo disneysea, I am a big chicken, and do not enjoy drops although I have ridden splash mountain and would probably do it again, I especially don't like the anticipation - I am feeling nauseous just writing this down.

Apparently the theming in TOT is amazing so I would love to see it. Is there a chickens exit, and how do I ask for that in japanese?

If i dont die on that, am also considering Journey to the centre of the earth!

thiThoughts?

I am trying to talk myself into experiencing the tower of terror in tokyo disneysea

Although you still may not enjoy it, my impression is that the Tokyo ride is milder than the Orlando ride. I'm not sure if the drops actually are less extreme - but the ride has shoulder belts, which limit your movement during them. You might want to try to psych yourself up to give it a try... (Also, note that like in California, there is no horizontal "fifth dimension" scene - it's just up-and-down.)

My Japanese is mediocre at best, but I think that the phrase "watashi wa norimasen" should be understood (roughly, "as for me, I will not ride"). The elevators load and unload at the same spot, so a CM should be able to just point you down the corridor to the exit.

Tower of Terror in TDS is not as extreme as the other versions of the ride - you also wear a 3 point seatbelt as opposed to a lapbelt which might make you feel more secure too! The theming is indeed very good so do enjoy that even if you do not decide to ride!

Damn now I find this out!! Battymum I have been trying to get the nerve to try ToT in a US park and failed and now I find out I could have ridden a less intense version whilst I was at TDL-damn. Ride it for me and report back!! (I also hate the adrenalin build-up-I am not an adrenalin junkie).

We rode Journey to Centre and I loved it and rode it twice more during the day. (Walked very fast to get there at rope drop and rode it, got FP a bit later with return time a bit before lunch I think and then rode it again as a walk-on later that night.) Its no biggie-no worse than Splash Mountain with a similar final drop. I am a Jules Verne fan and loved the theming of the ride and the whole area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter