Tower of Terror for the Meek

Lance J

Earning My Ears
Is there a mild version of the Towee of Terror, I thought Inheard on the pod cast a quick mention of this?

There is a "chicken exit" which allows you to see the theming of the ride all the way through to the boarding of the attraction. You then board a regular elevator (which does not go up/down, just goes down.

There is also a chicken exit on the Rock 'n Roller Coaster - you take the door in the corner, right before where the queue bends for you to board - the door actually used to be painted yellow, as a joke. That exit is cute - you go along a long hallway with a red carpet, then exit into the gift shop, along with everybody else.

This was all the case when I took these "chicken exits" 5 years ago.

Last edited:
I wish... I hate big drops. I've ridden Splash Mountain a half-dozen times and am done. I hate that drop, but I'm glad I did it. If I KNEW that ToT would only drop me one time, I'd try it out. However, multiple, unexpected drops are not my scene, so I don't take any chances- I take the chicken exit instead!

It’s honestly all in your mind, to me personally, the build up to the drop is the most frightening thing about Tower of Terror. However, the actual ride isn’t too bad!

I’d say try it again, but if you think it’s gonna even for a second damper your trip don’t do it!

It really isn't that bad.

The first time you do it, your nerves may make it worse than it is, but by the end, or even the 2nd time, you'll be enjoying it.

It's not like the horrifying drop rides in other places (like six flags, etc).
THOSE look too much for me.

It really isn't that bad.

The first time you do it, your nerves may make it worse than it is, but by the end, or even the 2nd time, you'll be enjoying it.

It's not like the horrifying drop rides in other places (like six flags, etc).
THOSE look too much for me.

I completely agree.
There's a huge difference between ToT and the Guardians of The Galaxy one in Disneyland. The music kicks-in and everyone is laughing and having fun and it feels more like you are just bouncing up and down. Even though it's the same ride. All because of the build up and the music.

I bet most kids get off Guardians laughing and smiling compared to ToT.

I love both though.

We love ToT, it's probably in all of our top 2 or 3 in WDW... maybe even #1 for a few of us.

I agree that it probably takes 2 or 3 rides before you really 'get' it. After that, it's a blast!

But I love drops and G forces (positive or negative g's).

I completely agree.
There's a huge difference between ToT and the Guardians of The Galaxy one in Disneyland. The music kicks-in and everyone is laughing and having fun and it feels more like you are just bouncing up and down. Even though it's the same ride. All because of the build up and the music.

I bet most kids get off Guardians laughing and smiling compared to ToT.

I love both though.

This.

I rode Guardians at Disneyland last summer and laughed harder than I ever have on a Disney ride. The music and frenetic humor just makes it a completely 180 from ToT(which I enjoy as well).

"Hey, is that Disneyland?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!