Tours and Other Ideas

Samantha Egbert

Earning My Ears
Still thinking about additional events to extend our wedding celebration!! Has anyone ever done any private tours of the parks for their wedding guests before? What did you guys do for additional events?

We’re doing welcome drinks, a family photo shoot at a resort, and a day at Hollywood Studios with everyone :) a tour would be a great and unique experience! Your guests will love that!

I think a tour would be a blast too!! I just don't know if Disney would go for that!

For your day at Hollywood Studios, how many people did you have? Did you buy their tickets or did was that expense directed to your guests? I'm kind of torn on that aspect. I worry that it will already be pretty expensive trip for some of them and I don't really want anyone to miss out on the fun if I can avoid it.

We’re expecting about 15-20 people with us in the park that day (that includes kids). I’m putting that expense on them. It is an expensive trip, but most of them intend on visiting at least one park, if not multiple parks, so they would be buying tickets anyway. For those that can’t afford the ticket, the welcome drinks, photo shoot, as well as (I forgot to mention this above) the farwell breakfast we’re doing gives people multiple opportunities to spend time with us for free/cheap.

I also think if you have guests that you feel might not be able to afford it, it’s cool to offer to help! You could pay for half of the day or offer to pick up the drinks/snacks while in the park- even a little something like that might help sway people towards going for it knowing you’re willing to help alleviate some of the cost! You could put a $25-50 gift card in a welcome bag that they can use to buy their ticket, or drinks, snacks, etc.

I would love to offer help to all of my guests so as not to cause tension between them or us; most of them are all friends with each other already and so talk and what not. I think if we offer help to some and not others that may not go over well. But!! Your thoughts with the gift card/paying for snacks in the parks gave me the idea. Maybe, if we do the parks and let them foot the cost for the ticket whoever meets us in the parks gets a gift card (when we meet up there) to help with snacks or whatever they want. That would be a way of helping them financially with their trip to the parks that day. Do you think that's an okay option?

I think that’s a great option! I think that’s a really cool way to give some help but not put yourself in a huge financial rut having to pay for them to enjoy the park. I think they would love that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter