Touringplans.com

That sounds fantastic.

Does it do the same with Fastpasses as well?

Not exactly but it does have a FP calendar that you can look at. They update a few times a day what the find available for future dates. I've found the basic "refresh" trick to still be the best option on that.

Is tourningplans.com worth the money? We have a disney planner but I also like to plan quite a bit myself.

Thanks

Yes. And if you buy the book, a one year to touringplans is free.

Here is the rub though. Don't just go there to get a touring plan. Read up. Same goes for the planner you have now. My first year I did touring plans and read up. And I found I didn't really need their plans because in reading up, I was able to make my own myself. And I was good enough to make adjustments on the fly because I knew all the whys.
Without a why you are powerless. If you get a plan and your plan goes awry, if you don't know why that plan was the way it was, you will be hard pressed to make the adjustment. With the whys, it's an easy adjustment. And my first year was back in the days of stray characters. And back then one stray character could send most any touring plan into the abyss if you didn't know why it was that way.
It's just a few hours to read up on things. And you can do it instead of watching Die hard for the 41st time or re runs of Mash on Cable.

We have used Touringplans for many years, and before that the Unofficial Guide to WDW (same thing) for the crowd calendars/hours and also use it for the room view before making our request.

We use it as a general guide for crowds and parks, but as with anything these are best guesses even when based on current data etc... We enjoy using the app for views of hotels, rooms etc. but the main reason we use it is for the FAX function. The ability to use a system that is familiar with the jargon and short hand of the Disney Hotel booking CM is worth the $12 or so for the year. We have had great luck with the system so far and will be using it again this coming trip in August, so I guess that will be a good indication as to its continued use! However, we find it useful to put in our plans and see them in real time and somewhat tangible, this is a great way to iron out bugs or little details you may have missed etc...

We sometimes use the app for wait times and the like, however, as above it is mainly for the room choice.
You do know that you can do this on your own, right? I have been faxing in my own room requests well before TP was offering this service and have great luck getting my exact room requests almost every trip going back to 2009.

We pay for it. I use the crowd calendars only when deciding when to travel. The line app can be interesting to use while in the parks.

It's only a few dollars -- given the price of a Disney vacation it seems like a no-brainer to me.

You do know that you can do this on your own, right? I have been faxing in my own room requests well before TP was offering this service and have great luck getting my exact room requests almost every trip going back to 2009.

Oh yes, but not having a fax machine or having to pay for an online version is an inconvenience. Having it done automatically in a format familiar to Disney is worth it for us.

I can do most car repairs myself, but for a lot of them it's easier and more convenient to have it done by a shop.... same principle from my perspective.

Just as a quick follow up, we requested a specific room number via Touring plans at the Contemporary and got the exact room we asked for in our fax. I know this is not always the case for everyone, but wanted to circle back and let you all know. Very happy!!

Just as a quick follow up, we requested a specific room number via Touring plans at the Contemporary and got the exact room we asked for in our fax. I know this is not always the case for everyone, but wanted to circle back and let you all know. Very happy!!
Same here for our last trip to All-Star Sports-very cool!:)

Used it to look for a Cinderella Castle lunch that we missed during our booking period - got a text with the reservation for 6 on a day that we were planning to go to MK - so I am a BIG fan! I am using it to check crowd levels, etc. and we used it the last time to see the current wait times which seemed to be relatively accurate. Also use it to make an itinerary so that we can stay on-task when in the parks. Much easier to see the whole picture when you have it in the app, IMHO.

We used it for our trip in June. I found that the customized touring plans were right on, timing wise. It made touring during summer less stressful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter