touring tips for epcot!

uktigger

me and my mouse havin fun together!
hi all:wave:
could you all give me a heads up and give me some good tips on touring epcot and to also include eating at beaches and cream(i know this place is small)
i know some of you out there are well travelled and would be able to give some excellent advice::yes:: as you always do

thank you in advance eve::MinnieMo

One thing that we really enjoy at Epcot that many of our friends miss is the live entertainment in World Showcase. Some of the shows are the best things there - like the Acrobats who perform in China, and the Living Statues in Italy. Check your Guide map for performance times, and try to plan to be in the right places at the right times for them!

Now having told you to be relentless getting to the shows ... I'll also contradict myself by saying that World Showcase is a great place to go slow and browse. It's not an attraction-driven area. Wander through the shops. Sample the different foods and drinks. Just take your time and enjoy it!

Hi Eve! I posted a reply to your MK thread. Now I see on your countdown timer that this will be your second trip. And it looks like you'll be traveling in the fall (September or October?).

How you tour will still depend partly on how long you'll spend at Epcot, whether you'll have children with you, your touring style (commando or slow-paced), and whether you're staying onsite.

As far as Beaches and Cream, we had lunch there December 2002. It's very easy to walk through the International Gateway (between United Kingdom and France) to Beaches and Cream. It's very close, and the gate at International Gateway is usually not busy, so it's very easy to come back in that way.

Beaches and Cream is very small, but if the weather is nice they have outside tables where you can sit also. That's what we did on our visit. If it's busy when you are there, you may want to try eating at an off-time, maybe have a midmorning snack and then a late lunch so it wouldn't be so busy.

The information below was compiled from multiple internet sources. When we were planning our first big trip to WDW together, I wanted to make sure that we got to see as much cool stuff as possible. So, when I ran across a cool tip, I would paste it into a Word document. I sorted all the tips out by park and had it all ready to use at WDW when we finally went. This stuff was a huge help back in September, 2002. I hope this helps. Maggie

A character always hangs out at the back of Innoventions Plaza East, and there is hardly ever a wait. The character is inside, and there is a small sign that most people miss.

The Reverse Waterfall outside the Imagination Pavilion in Epcot's Future World -- the water actually seems to flow *UP*!

EPCOT has a board between the Innoventions plazas that offers the wait times for each ride in both the Future and World showcase.

Test Track is open one hour past park closing, so you can ride it after Illuminations.

One show to sit up front on is The American Adventure. Everyone will push for the middle. But the best seat is front and center. You will see every movement and expression made by the characters, and the movie portions are near the back of the "stage".

It's much easier to walk to World Showcase through the International Gateway than to park at the entrance or even take the bus or monorail from anywhere else.

Butterfly Garden - near entrance to Test Track.

Wander through the gardens of the World Showcase.

Italy - must see Imaginum!!!

Germany - miniature train and village

The best place to view Illuminations! is the pavilion between Mexico and Canada.

A good location to view Illuminations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot's Showcase, some sources recommend snagging a lagoon side table at the Rose & Crown Pub in the United Kingdom pavilion.

There are three talking water fountains at Epcot:
-1- Outside Mouse Works shop
-2- behind Innoventions West, near the restroom, between Innoventions and Honey I Shrunk the Audience Pavilion
–3- near the play fountain between Future World and World Showcase.

Talking Trash Can - near the Electric Umbrella.

Characters are on a bus that travels around EPCOT. Check your map schedule for where and when they will be around. Also in the back of Morocco there is a meet and greet area for Aladdin characters.

Cooler Spots…
Spaceship Earth (Don't do this first. Save till later in Day. 17 min ride)
Universe of Energy (45 minute show, starts every 17 minutes)
Wonders of Life
Body Wars (5 minute ride)
Cranium Command (open 10am - 8 pm) (17 minute show)
Living with the Land (13 minute show)
Circle of Life (Open 10am - 8 pm) (13 minute show)
The Living Seas (Open 9 am -7 pm)
Mexico "El Rio del Tiempo" boat ride (6 minute ride)
China "Wonders of China" 360 degree movie
United States "The American Adventure" show. Show every 35 minutes
France "Impressions de France" film, shows every 30 minutes
Canada "O' Canada" 360 degree film. Shows every 20 minutes.

hi:wave:
thank you all again for taking the time to post::yes::

kaycee thanks,
i have answered some of your questions on my other thread:D we can't wait to try beaches and cream we missed this place on our last trip(well more we didn't know it was there)we will try and make it here for a late lunch:D

maggie
thank you very much for your detailed post:D
i am going to print out the 2 threads i have going when they are finished and take them with me:D

eve::MinnieMo

Try the Tips board! There are some fantastic, huge, threads on park tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter