touring plans room request?

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
how far in advance would you set up a room request on touring plans and if you have used this option did you get what you wanted?

Tried it at POR a couple years ago and didn't get anything even close to what we asked for. And we needed an elevator or a ground floor room for medical reasons and STILL didn't get anything we needed. Had to call and get it switched.

I believe they only send the request 5 days before check-in no matter when you select your room request. I have had good luck getting rooms very near my requested room.

I used Touring Plans room request last year at Beach Club and got the exact room I requested. The year before that I used it for the Poly and got the exact room I requested. I believe that if that room or a close room is available, it works. I will add that both of my previous vacations were at low travel times. I have my next request in for next month, spring break time, so we shall see what happens.

You can set up your room request as far in advance as you want, but they won't fax it until 5 days before you are scheduled to check in.

I used it once and got something pretty close to what I requested. I think you can increases your success rate by listing your priorities in a way that is easy for the room-assigners to interpret. For example, for an upcoming trip I entered the following - First Priority: Top Floor, Second Priority: North Building, Third Priority: Near Elevator. I figure this way they will know why I selected a particular room, and if it isn't availably then maybe they can give me something else to meet my priorities.

how far in advance would you set up a room request on touring plans and if you have used this option did you get what you wanted?
I did one 2 years ago and got exactly what I had requested. I didn't add any additional notes (just wanted lower floor corner) I was staying at POR in preferred area, our room could have been considered river view for where it was. My adult daughter just got back from CBR, she also used the room request - was able to get room in the section she wanted, and was happy overall.
I go back at the end of April, I already have my fax configured - it won't get sent over to the resort until 5 days out. I will let you know the results when I check in! Asking for a mansion room this time.

I used the TP room request last fall and got the room next to the one I wanted!

We used them a few times and we got what we wanted twice. It's special when you do get it and definitely worth a try, but I wouldn't expect it.

I am trying for the first time on my trip in two weeks. I did my online check in and chose the what I prefer and made sure my TP fax matches with those choices along with a small explanation of what I am looking for. We will see what happens.

We used them last year to request Fiji Marina view while it was still considered a standard view at Polynesian (not anymore). We got to hotel and no room ready text, so we went to desk and they said our room request wasn't quite ready - they read off exact request!!! We got the exact room we requested. Very pleased!

I will say I also added my request to the reservation over the phone using the EXACT wording from the TP request and selected nothing when checking in online.

I use it every trip
I set up my room request as soon as I plan the trip. No such thing as too early.
I haven't kept exact figures but I've gotten a room like the room in my request most times. Not 100% but most. I have had the CM read back our notes I entered on the fax so I have no doubt the fax are read

We used TP room request in January and we were in the exact area we wanted within 4 rooms of our request. I will use it again!

I used it last time I went in August. I didn't get anywhere near to what I requested but it turned out better. The room we got was even better.

we used it last Nov for our room at the Poly and got the room next door to the one we requested! Can't get much closer than that.

I have always requested via the online check in and always got what I wanted. Granted, aside from our last stay in March, our other 3 - 4 most recent stays were all in Sept/October. Not sure how it would be during a peak season. I also dont ask specifically for a room #, but state the floor and building I prefer at the Poly and at YC I requested close to lobby area. PO FQ and Contemp I didnt care.

I'm two for two on not getting what I requested through TP. Most recently, the cast member read off the Disney requests I made. My daughter was lucky and got a room a few doors down from the one she requested. For the upcoming trip, I had her make the requests through TP, since she had better luck.

The method you use for making your request doesn't really matter. Whether you call, use online check in, or use TP's fax service, the same thing is happening: your record in Disney's reservation system gets updated with your request. Doesn't matter how it gets there, no one method gets you preferential treatment.

Your odds of getting your requests are determined by a couple of things. First, the request itself. How many rooms exist at that resort that satisfy your criteria? For instance, if you request "upper floor," there might be several hundred rooms at the resort that meet that request. If you request "upper floor, close to transportation and food, odd-numbered corner room facing Epcot," well, you might be down to 5 rooms that will satisfy your criteria.

The other factor is availability. How many guests will be checking out of that group of rooms on the day you arrive? That's heavily influenced by how busy a time of year it is.

I use it every trip
I set up my room request as soon as I plan the trip. No such thing as too early.
I haven't kept exact figures but I've gotten a room like the room in my request most times. Not 100% but most. I have had the CM read back our notes I entered on the fax so I have no doubt the fax are read

Quick question: the CM that you have read off your request to ensure it's been read--is this a front desk CM at check-in, or a CM on the phone reservation line?

I've used the service twice: once did not get what I asked for at all, the second time got almost exactly what I requested. I will continue to use it. That service, alone, when it works out, of course, is worth my TP annual fee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter