Tourguide Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, seems to be out of character but a normal reaction to initial contention perhaps...

Owners of busy websites have to deal with all sorts of personalities and it isn't always an easy task...

I have corresponded with this gentleman a few times expressing opinions, ideas, suggestions for improvement and such. I guarantee you, he is capable of returning kindness and diplomacy to the level of the professional he is.

TreeofLife, I find your choice of words reaffirming somehow. Wow! I just noticed your signature. You had to work pretty hard to post over 300 messages since joining this January!

You're definitely a fan of TourGuide Mike, and that's good to see. In fact, you and Rileygirl are such ambassadors, 'Mike' should pay you a commission!!

As I said, TourGuide Mike provides an interesting and informative resource. It's also written in such a distinctive 'voice' .

You and Rileygirl share elements of that voice. But that's probably just a coincidence, and a reflection how much you both know and like the site so well.

Rileygirl, you must *really* like TourGuide Mike. You're so new to the boards, and it seems like almost half your posts rave about it! I have to say, I'm impressed with how quickly you adopted the DISboard lingo, and how you're so quick to know about Pete W and Mary at Mousesavers, too. It's always good to have new, well-informed, and friendly contributors to the DIS. Welcome aboard
:smooth:

I agree that Mike's site is somewhat difficult to manuever at first, I felt like a total computer looser rolleyes: It's definately NOT a site that you can just hop into, spend a moment or two and hop out of. You sometimes do have to search a little to find what you are looking for. I usually get caught up in the articles and before I know it I've been on for hours!!!:eek: There are things that I just don't want to forget either so I just hit "print" and stuff the page in my passporter!!!

Yes please, will the moderator please let us know? I feel that if my posts that are in response to the accusations or northern mouse are deleted, then so to should northern mouses ..it is very insulting....

The original question has been addressed and this thread is becoming something other than opinions about the topic. Thank you for all the helpful replies.

I have to admit that I have not had time to read the entire thread, but I can address the idea that some people use the DIS for free advertising for all kinds of businesses. It happens just about every day because of the large volume of traffic that this site generates.

As for Pete not replying to Michael, I know that they have had conversations in the past and last week Pete was sick with the flu so he wasn't able to respond. However, I believe that Michael knows that Dreams Unlimited Travel offers the same basic service (and then some) as he does. Dreams agents are personal vacation planning consultants and offer concierge-level service, but at NO additional cost. So advertising on the DIS would not be viable for Michael's business as it conflicts with Dreams.

I think enough has been said on this topic and I am closing the thread.
Cathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter