Tourguide Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is very good about replying and keeps great communication with his customers. I would not, however, ask information that is already written anywhere on his site or in his "sneak peek", since I bet he is keeping very busy updating articles, tables and all. Nobody wants to re-write what is already written somewhere! ;)

I absolutely love the program and it has a lot of information found nowhere else. Among my favorites, Mike's "secret tips" that help you enjoy attractions like you would not otherwise, being very crowded. More than what guidebooks provide, he even has e-ticket schedules in his site. No need to search elsewhere, he gathered everything for you in one spot.

Yes, I should say too that he has always promptly answered my emails. Another thing, I just popped into tgm and started to click on a few of the photo tours in the attractions area, and wow, look out, he has started loading some photo's. Check out Spectro Magic, and Share a dream come true.....its like a treasure hunt.....if you find any up let me know......let the hunt begin:D
Also it took me a good week to get really comfortable zinging around his site, it is very user friendly but it still took me a while to get to know exactly what I am doing. For example, I did not know that "My vacation Articles" did not contain every vacation article he had written, just ones that were 'selected ' for me thru the questionairre. Now, I like to read everything, so I figured out that if i went up to the yellow bar and clicked vacation articles I could access everything he has written. If I wanted to keep the info handy, i just clicked the plus button on the article and presto, it got loaded into "My vacation articles" By the way, that yellow bar, if a specific restaurant, ride, hotel or article is not in your custom built section below, you can find it up in the yellow bar, you then just press the add button
Ok got to go, kids are not dressed yet and school starts in 20 mins!! yikes!!!
Rileygirl

Just an update, I just got an email response from tourguidemike and indeed he was hit by the virus over the weekend and that had delayed his response.

But now I'm curious, what all are all of you finding you need to email him about? If I couldn't find the answers to obvious questions without emailing him, am I going to have even more trouble trying to use it?

Laura B.

I agree with rileygirl. His site is fresh and up to date. I am still discovering things and each link just leads to another. Just yesterday I discovered info on an attraction that I never knew. I say Try it and if you don't like it or find that you can use it, just email Mike I sure he'll understand and offer to refund you your money. I've written to him once and he responded so genuinely (sp). I'm using his guidance, wisdom and expertise for my upcoming trip IN 4 WEEKS. :bounce:

I've been with Mike from the beginning and I've emailed him twice. The first time was right after I signed up and I was having a hard time signing in. The second time was because I couldn't find height rules for rides. Mike emailed me back stating that he was working on that very article and it would be posted shortly. Well a day or two later I got an email from him stating the article was done and was now posted. Like previous posters have stated Mike's site is ever evolving and although it might not have the info you are looking for today it might very well be there tomorrow. I also expressed concerns that I wouldn't get the info that I wanted prior to my really NEEDING it. Mike said that he knew when my trip was and that I would have all I need before.
So far so good.....

I was unsure about spending $25 on another WDW guide (I have Passporter, Disney with Kids etc.), but I signed up and LOVE this site. It has much more in-depth info than the guidebooks, IMO, about each attraction, as well as specific advice on who the attraction is appropriate for and why, the scary (or boring) parts etc., and incredible detail about timing your days in each park. It's as if you really have a personal tourguide. I can't gush about it enough.

The downside for me are that some articles are not written (since I leave in 7 days --Yipee!!). But the BIG PLUS is that you can change your date of arrival (2004, 2005, 2006!) and you will have access to the site until then - Mike himself pointed this out to me when I emailed him asking if I could extend my membership w/o paying more b/c of my trip date and missing some articles...
Which brings me to the MOST amazing thing about TourguideMike - Mike himself (as mentioned above) actually finds the time to respond to questions via email. And while I love the DIS, there is nothing like getting the info straight from an actual Disney Tour Planner - this is his job! And his answers are in depth, responsive, and personable. I can't imagine how he will be able to continue to do this (maybe ghost-writers?) when his site becomes really popular, but for now it's excellent, unexpected personal service.

You can't go wrong! But check out the site. He has lots of "public info" thats viewable for free.

(The answer to the question about whether the $25 is for a yearly subscription seems to be NO, it's good until you take your trip, and if you extend your dates that could be a long time - which doesn't seem quite fair to Mike, so maybe he'll change that. How will he make money?)

You are right fa.....Michael treats us all like VIPS. Dont ask me if his site is worth $25 ask me if it is worth $250....Yes it is!

Please note that I was mistaken about the Security on the TGMike site. Comes from being on a nightshift in OB/GYN!

Apologies to TGMike himself, in case I've destroyed some sales...

I will delete my original and mistaken post.

John :bounce:

The site sounds wonderful, but I have a hard time believing that he knows more than the people here. To my friends, I'm a Disney Nut, and I've only been to Disney 2 times. The people on this site seem to know all the answers. So, without giving away any of his secrets, how does he know more?

Hi Madi

Oh yes he knows more!!! And I think you will find that alot of disneyites that go more than once a year are posting that they are learning so much more from him. If you really want to know all his qualifications you should read this

http://tourguidemike.com/tour/faq.asp#6

I hope this works, I am just learning how to do things on the computer, this is my first cut and paste to try and link directly to someones website.
Ok, it looks like it worked. Hey all you avp users, you should check out Michaels new article on "refurbishment and closures"!!! its great, and if you are going in March, look how he has updated our clipboard. Anything that is closed or down for refub that affects our month is automatically loaded into our clipboard. So So Cool!!!!

http://tourguidemike.com/articles/articleDetails.asp?article_id=272

Actually,I just checked the link above, and anybody can look at this article on closures....enjoy.......enjoy.......enjoy
rileygirl

Madi, even the information that converges on the boards, I don't see too many readers willing to use the search function to find...
Instead, some members create a post asking familiar questions and request that all tips and answers to be posted there for them... Hehehe

Tour Guide Mike gathers it all in one site, updated and saves the effort for those who do not like to use the search functions anywhere...

I received a response from tourguide mike. He was very friedly and pleaseant, however, he didn't have answers to my questions because he hasn't had time to write them yet. He did write in his resposne to check the disney site because they have information. I thought I paid for tourguide mike to get information there so I would only have to go to one site to obtain information I was looking for?

This was a bit disappointing because I've tried to look at articles on his site only to find they are coming soon. If I had known that all articles/information were not complete, I would have waited to join. I went and ordered the refill to my deluxe passporter and I'm anxiously awaiting that, I love the Passporter. :)

Hi cinmell

I was just wondering what your questions were? If they were very specific to your personal vacation, he has asked us not to ask those types of questions, because he would end up spending all day answering them, and not get his site finished. Although, I am guilty as charged, just a few days ago, I asked him about transportation to the Hoop de doo review. I had heard it to be a transportation nightmare, and I had no idea how to find how late those launches run,it is apparently the best transpotation solution. He gave me all the info on it, and I have posted that info on the dis board (under restaurants, help with the hoop i think). Perhaps, your questions required a very great detailed response? Maybe not, I dont know...If you are unhappy with tgm, then email michael, I bet he will offer you a refund.
hope this helps
Alison

Hi!
No, the questions I was wondering about are not specific to my vacation, they were just general about WDW. We will keep the subscription because my husband enjoys reading some of the articles and hopefully the ones I'm waiting for will be up and running soon! I use the PS page as a countdown to when I can make PS for meals and a specialty cruise. It makes me feel like I'm getting closer to the vacation which seems so far away!

Hi Cinmell

Just thought I would let you know that I was very concerned about that email response by Michael. As you probably realize, I am a big advocate of his site, and I truly believe that every person who signs up for tgm will be not only completely satisfied, but ecstatic. Actually not just ecstatic, but jumping up and down, throw the wine glasses against the fireplace, falling on your knees, that kind of happy. I would not wholeheartedly tell people how great his site is, if I did not truly believe it!!!!! And please understand that this is only my opinion, and I do respect yours.

I am a very honest person, and so it made me very upset that Michael did not give you a satisfactory answer. I Know he must read these threads sometimes, because once, Melrosegirl had some comments about tgm, and they ended up in his vacation articles. Now, I have been using Michaels avp since nov 4th, the first day (or was it the fifth?) and I am very guilty of emailing him, mostly with suggestions of articles I would love to see him write. But from what everybody else has said, he treats all of us like VIP's in the way he answers our emails. I was very surprised that he did not give you a satisfactory answer,so I wrote to TGMike and told him I was confused by him sending you to the Disney site for general information. There are very few articles he hasn't published yet, and I couldn't imagine him sending you somewhere else instead of just answering your questions for you, especially for what you say is 'general information.'

He was very confused and concerned by my letter because he said he has NEVER sent anyone a link to the Disney site in all the years he has been helping guests, and has no idea why he ever would in the future. He said that everyone knows they only provide the most basic type of information, most of it marketing-related, and anything on their site he could answer. There is no vacation planning help on their site, so why would he send you there?

He also added that in this last week he has only provided two links in ALL the emails he has received (when he wasn't sending them to links on his own site). He said he does his best to answer everyone's questions, and this has been mentioned by lots of people in this thread. One was to a guest asking for SeaWorld information, and another was asking about the Mickey Backyard BBQ. In the first he gave her tips on what not to miss in the park and which Shamu show she should see to avoid crowds. The second one is seasonal, so he hadn't added it. But even then, he sent her to the bbq link on wdwig.com, and gave her the updated 2003 info instead of the 2002 prices that are still on their page.

He also said that it wouldn't be proper for him to respond to your post on these boards because he's a commercial business, but he would be very thankful if you would write to him personally and identify yourself and your concerns. If it is 'general information' you're after, he said he would write the article personally for you tonight - but he has no idea what that is if you don't let him know. And if you are displeased by not finding the 'general information' you need, he will gladly issue you a full refund.

You can probably tell that I actually paraphrased a lot of his letter to me, and I would just like to point out that this genuine, frank concern is evident in all the emails he has ever sent me. I expect you should get the same service because I believe he is this way with all his guests. What say you Treeof life? And has anybody else who owns an avp found Michael to be other than fantastic? Cinmell, are you really only looking at the few unfinished articles without looking at the tons of information he has written on everything else? You're entitled to your opinion - I know this - but you're really missing out if you're not reading what's there.

Hope this info helps you out, and please write Michael if you're unhappy. :)
cheers
Alison Kelly
Cambridge, Ontario

Rileygirl,

hope this works!!!! :clap: Ok didn't work, but I was applauding your response.

I'm right there with ya!!! Love TGM!!!

Rileygirl,
Thank you for your concern. My husband actually emailed mike with some questions that he had and received an email full of info on what he was looking for. We're all set now. Have a good night.

I just want to add my thanks to Mike, too. I had a problem trying to sign up and I e-mailed Mike several times and he answered every one of them in a very timely manner I might add.

Thumbs up to Mike, I'm jumping for joy.:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter