Tour Guide Mike

Divamomto3

<font color=CC99FF>The Tag Fairy advises you to lo
Anyone ever use the site Tourguidemike.com? My friend sent me the link. It's an automated vacation planner. It will plan out your entire Disney itinerary, including when to go on what rides, where to eat on what days, etc. It costs $24.95? Anyone use it ? Anyone think it's worth it? I'm kind of having fun planning it on my own, but I am a newbie...but these boards have helped tremendously!

yea, that is kind of nitpicky.
Have a nice day and thanks for the tips on how to use message boards.

Originally posted by Divamomto3
yea, that is kind of nitpicky.

Actually it's just common sense. I usually visit this forum daily, and can vouch for the fact that there have been numerous TGM threads over the past 4-6 weeks, most debating the value of his service and offering just the type of feedback you are looking for.

It's not realistic to expect people to keep re-posting their positions every time someone starts a new thread. The best way to get an overview of the opinions previously expressed is to do the search.

I hope I'm not souring you on this board as you appear to be a relatively new member. You wouldn't know this, but the whole TourGuideMike issue has been debated up one side and down the other for weeks now. People seem to love it or hate it. At this point, the entire subject is something of a sore spot for many. :eek:

If you haven't already, try the search as QuickGold suggested and I suspect you'll find exactly what you are looking for.

ok ok lets not scare a new member away....

Yikes...too late for that.

I wasn't aware of the search feature as I am new here and obviously haven't spent the tremendous amount of free time here as others have.

Will I know you when I see you at WDW by the sour look on your face? :smooth:

We're not trying to alienate/annoy/tick you off/bother you in anyway. Obviously you are a new member and maybe I could have worded my previous post better, and I for one apologize for any problems I may have caused. I'll buy you a turkey leg in the park to make it up to you ;)

Hi and Welcome!
I joined tourguide mike about a month or so ago. For me, it's another source of information to supplement the sites I visit or the guidebook I like which is the Passporter. You can find more information on that at passporter.com. I didn't find anything extraordinary on the site. I've been to disney many times so the tips on the tourguide mike site weren't new to me. Many of the tips I have learned on my own or by here on this board. I have also found www.mousesavers.com www.wdwig.com/contents.htm and www.pscalculator.net to be quite useful.

In the beginning, I found that I was spending alot of time trying to navigate my way thru the site searching for information. There is no search function on TGM which I think would really be helpful and there are some articles that are not complete which upset me because I paid full price! I think the site takes a while to get used to.

The positive side to TGM is that you can print the information you want and don't have to bring a guidebook to Disney with you. He updates his site so it should be more up to date than a guidebook. If you are new to disney, you may very well find TGM to be extremely valuable. Also, everything will be on one site.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have any more questions! Enjoy your planning.

Divamomto3

Welcome to the DIS. Feel free to ask any questions here. Chances are most of us have "heard" or asked the same questions many times. It's not a big deal. That's going to happen when you have new people join.

Please don't let the replies you got turn you off. The DIS is a great place to get help and tips to plan a WDW trip.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=336755&highlight=tour+guide+mike

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=329941&highlight=tour+guide+mike

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=320142&highlight=tour+guide+mike

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=322972&highlight=tour+guide+mike

I hope these help.

For those of you that are bother by people asking the same questions over and over, how about not clicking on the threads.

I don't mean to split hairs, here, but when did anyone claim to be annoyed by repetitive posts? Speaking for myself, I was simply trying to offer a suggestion for the best route to finding the info that the original poster was seeking. Within the past couple of weeks I've seen TGM posts go 3 and 4 pages deep with comments. I doubted that this inquiry would generate a similar response, and was therefore trying to steer Divamomto3 in the right direction.

I'll echo QuickGold's comments--if my post came across as rude or otherwise inappropriate, then I apologize. Sometimes it's hard to express intent in a typewritten reply, but I assure you no offense was intended.

Friends? :D

I purchased TGM about the time I was considering buying the recent edition of The Passporter, for about the same price.

I like TGM because I have everything in just one place. There is no need to download updates or search through threads and message boards all over. Also, I print what I want and what I need, and off I go...

Some like having printed guide books, others like the information on the Internet and prefer to have it written by a tour guide who on top of providing information, also customizes your vacation according to your preferences...

Yes, some information is available free elsewhere. But if you see no reason to get on the case of anyone who, in spite of that fact spends money on printed guide books, let TGM fans be!

And send the nonsense to the debate board... ;)

Just welcoming you to the Dis and I also hope some of the comments don't put you off. I, for one, believe that if you have a question, ask the question. I can't tell you how many times I have seen multiple posts on the same topic within a few posts of each other. Doesn't bother me and I am sure it doesn't bother most members. That's what the board is here for. As they said, I don't think they meant to come off that way so please don't let it turn you away from the Dis.

As for TGM, I have been to Disney many, many times. I buy all of the guides and I did subscribe to TGM. I believe it would help someone who really doesn't know their way around but it was not helpful for me.

Welcome!!!!

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

First off WELCOME!!!
HAve you gone to TFM's and taken the tour? You can look at a lot of articles that aren't locked and spend time just looking around before you buy anything, this way you know what you are buying into.
I agree it's not for everyone but it is a very useful site.

Enjoy!

WELCOME TO THE DIS! I had a hard time getting around Mike's sight. Emailing him didn't help either. I won't purchase information that I can get for free. You will find a lot of great information on the DIS. I like reading multiple thread as each thread has a personality of it's own. S

TGM is more useful than Birnbaum or Unofficial Guide, because it is up to date. TGM also has some very good insight on itinerary planning. And it costs about what one of those books cost, so, if you're going to buy them anyway, you've got nothing to lose.

I also have to say that I e-mailed TGM a specific question about our trip, and got a great response in a very short time. And when I e-mailed back to say thanks, he replied again with more advice. I thought that was above and beyond the call of duty on his part.

I wouldn't buy TGM for its advice on hotels and restaurants- there is better info on Deb Wills' site for that stuff. But it is very good on the parks, which are, of course, his specialty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter