Tour Groups in February?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
I'm going to a conference in Orlando the week of February 11th. I was thinking of staying on Disney property because I have a PIN code for a really great rate at All Star Movies, but as I'm thinking about it more I'm starting to worry about tour groups. Are there a bunch of tour groups that time of the year? If I stayed in a preferred room would I at least not be near them? I had a bad experience last summer that I don't want to repeat, so if they're going to be there I may just spring for a moderate.

Yes. Usually finishes third week or so of Feb.

Some may be at moderate but most at value.

My DH and I had the same fears, never having stayed in February before. Then, we got a chance in 2017 to go in February. So we took it but were apprehensive about the tour groups.
I can honestly say that we had no problems with the tour groups at ALL! Our trip dates were the 7th thru the l7th. We saw a couple of tour groups, but the big one we saw was being guided by a mature woman. She had them all line up in 2 lines, no chanting, awaiting outside to get on splash mountain. We were surprised. We saw another small group walking in Adventureland, and they were chanting very quietly and not being disruptive at all.
I can say that we were really surprised at this as I had read all the horror stories about the tour groups online. I am sure most of them are true, so maybe we were just lucky?
The cheerleading groups were much louder, but no problem either. We just didn't get in line behind them.
So, after all that, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe Disney has cracked down on them chanting? Maybe we were very lucky? I don't know. Just giving you another perspective on it.

My DH and I had the same fears, never having stayed in February before. Then, we got a chance in 2017 to go in February. So we took it but were apprehensive about the tour groups.
I can honestly say that we had no problems with the tour groups at ALL! Our trip dates were the 7th thru the l7th. We saw a couple of tour groups, but the big one we saw was being guided by a mature woman. She had them all line up in 2 lines, no chanting, awaiting outside to get on splash mountain. We were surprised. We saw another small group walking in Adventureland, and they were chanting very quietly and not being disruptive at all.
I can say that we were really surprised at this as I had read all the horror stories about the tour groups online. I am sure most of them are true, so maybe we were just lucky?
The cheerleading groups were much louder, but no problem either. We just didn't get in line behind them.
So, after all that, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe Disney has cracked down on them chanting? Maybe we were very lucky? I don't know. Just giving you another perspective on it.
Well, I'm not really worried about the parks with them, just being next to them in a room at a resort. I took my kids last July to AS Movies and we were next to a large group of teens from Brazil. They kept us up the first night until 3 am. I complained and got us moved to another resort, but from what I could glean from the front desk staff, my experience isn't unusual. We were in a standard room, though, so I'm wondering if getting a preferred room is the way to avoid this or if they are there too. I just don't want to be kept up all night when I have meetings starting at 8:30 am all week.

Yes. Usually finishes third week or so of Feb.

Some may be at moderate but most at value.
Thanks! I assume they'd be at mods like POR or CBR? I can get a discounted room at FQ, but it's like double the price even with a discount as a room at a value.

Thanks! I assume they'd be at mods like POR or CBR? I can get a discounted room at FQ, but it's like double the price even with a discount as a room at a value.

I think if you paid for a preferred room, you at least would likely have none sleeping around you.

That was our worse experience, twice.

We ate at parks, tried to avoid buses peak hours or drove and passed on the pools.

Maybe Disney has cracked down on them chanting?

Yes,Chanting is MUCH less around than it used to be and also there are far fewer 15s in February than in July(February is Argentina 15s mostly as the Brazil 15s go back to school after January-in July they are ALL there) .:)

The stories you read about are TRUE-Chanting used to be CONSTANT and they would stop in the middle of Main Street USA and "Chant Dance"(hard to describe:));Brazil and Argentina would get into "Chant battles"(They do not like each other-you would feel like you were in West Side Story!lol)etc.,etc.:)

Having said that,most of The 15s are really nice young people-I think just being in the huge groups causes them to get "carried away" at times.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter