TOTW lounge access - final verdict?

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
What’s the final verdict on 2019 TOTW lounge access for members now that they started the paid events?

Is the lounge still open to all members? Just those staying at BLT? Or just those at the paid event? I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.

If we end up staying at BLT, access to the lounge for fireworks viewing this may affect if we go for theme park view or not.

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it - I remember seeing a lot of speculation but no final answer.

Thank you!

Last edited:
There is no "final" verdict.

What is known:
Definitive isn't happening. As it is, Disney could cut access any time they want without notice.

Thank you! I suspected there might not be a definitive, but helpful to know everyone is still being let up to date.

I don't know how much of a "perk" this is for many people. Outside of traditional busy times, I can't say it's ever been extremely packed; in fact, it has been only moderately patronized the times I've been there. Further, not long ago they advertised a special access package to TOWL that included some eats, drinks, and dedicated viewing area. Another sheer money grab or a way to make the perk seem more important to people? Or both? I'm cynical enough to believe that if Disney believes it will drive business and income, they'll make the change hastily.

Outside of traditional busy times, I can't say it's ever been extremely packed

This will be the reason they shift it to something different. Upscale dinning room or something along those lines. Too valuable to only have a few folks in there most of the year.

This will be the reason they shift it to something different. Upscale dinning room or something along those lines. Too valuable to only have a few folks in there most of the year.
I don't believe that the TOTWL has a kitchen. I think everything that's on the limited menu is made in one of the restaurant kitchens over in the CR tower and brought up. Not a good setup for any kind of upscale dining room.

Do you need to make a reservation to access the lounge? If so, how?

I don't know if there is enough room behind the lounge to put in a kitchen. If the kitchen had to take part of the lounge space, I don't think it would leave room for rnough table to make it worth it.
Hope it doesn't change too much. It's a really nice location to go and relax for part of an evening.

I saw a poor review of the package. Basically went into Wave, got a meal, made your own way to TOTW, no one to show you around etc, sat in an area with no piped music. Sounded pointless, but maybe they’ve improved this special package since it started?

In April we are Dining Around The Skyway which will end in TOTWL. So we will see what it is about

Last edited:
Cannot imagine an area where you do not hear the music if you are at the observation deck at the top of BLT.

In April we are dining Done Around The Skyway which will end in TOTWL. So we will see what it is about

The Highway in the Sky Dine Around package ends on the fourth floor terrace outside the Contemporary's lobby, not at TOTWL.

If you want to experience TOTWL, you need to book the Wave package. In order to book the Wave package, you need to be a DVC member.

Craig

The Highway in the Sky Dine Around package ends on the fourth floor terrace outside the Contemporary's lobby, not at TOTWL.

If you want to experience TOTWL, you need to book the Wave package. In order to book the Wave package, you need to be a DVC member.

Craig
We've been .

I have a question ...
My dh and I are DVC owners we have 2 other couple coming with us they will be on our DVC points but in their own studios would they be allowed in with us??

All I’m saying is besides steeply discounted AP rates, the TOTWL is THE best Dvc perk.... followed by Epcot member lounge!
Kerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter