Total Time for the Jingle Jungle 5K?

verleniahall

DIS Veteran
Overall - how long do you get for the Jingle Jungle 5k?

I can get in 2 miles in an hour - but i know i am 1.1 off so just curious - (this was timed yesterday walking with my mom)

Thanks!!

While the 5K is officially "untimed", RunDisney still encourages all participants to adhere to the 16:00/mile pace requirement.

There will be a little more flexibility on the 5K, but not that much more as the race goes through Animal Kingdom and they'll need to clear the course to get the park open.

Keep in mind if you would like to stop for at least one character picture or more. Add that into your time. If you are worried about stopping so would rather just walk without those breaks, you can do what I did and book a late character brunch and we took pics at Chef Mickey's with our medals :)

They'll probably be generous and hard cut the course at the 2 hour from 1st corral start. So with an hour and a half from the last corral you may be able to finish but since they have to get the park up and running by 9 they would probably want all runners out and into the parking lot by 8:30 at the absolute latest.

I will say a 30 minute mile is really pushing it though. I did a runDisney 5K with an 18-20 min/mile and definitely was at the way back of the pack where things were starting to get picked up and character lines were closed. This was at Disneyland though where once we finished the first mile there was no need to pull anyone because it was no longer in the parks.

I'm a 18-20 min miler, was in corral C and was done by 8:00-8:15 ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter