Total sticker shock how expensive its gone.

As far as i was aware you don't pay to park at resorts if your staying at the resort.

Your right in how much things have gone up and yes the dollar rate does have an affect but some of the increase is demand.

I had a look today at Eurostar to Disneyland Paris for a short break and if you travel by train the train fare alone was 218 pounds per adult but if i went to Paris and not the Disney station it was only 90 pounds per person yet it is a longer journey, this shows that companies put up prices just because its going to somewhere like Disney, it's the demand that drives up the price.
Here are the new resort parking fee's that started in 2018. But if you rent DVC point or are a DVC member you do not pay for parking at the resort.
Resort Hotels
Registered Guests:
Overnight Self-Parking

Standard overnight self-parking is available to registered Guests for a fee that will be applied to their hotel folio upon check-out. All parking fees include applicable tax.
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
For all 2019 arrivals and any reservations made before June 18, 2019 for arrivals in 2020:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
For reservations made on or after June 18, 2019 for arrivals in 2020:
  • Disney Value Resorts: $15 per night
  • Disney Moderate Resorts: $20 per night
  • Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $25 per night

For January, 2020, I have no one under 10, but for myself the 7 day PH at UT is $665.20. On WDW site, it's $666.78.

So comparing like for like how much is the ticket now on UT as the first one you did not buy from WDW?

I bought from UT in 2015 because it was a little cheaper, but it's not like I saved $100 or anything. This year, buying from UT can save me $2.

As far as i was aware you don't pay to park at resorts if your staying at the resort.

Your right in how much things have gone up and yes the dollar rate does have an affect but some of the increase is demand.

I had a look today at Eurostar to Disneyland Paris for a short break and if you travel by train the train fare alone was 218 pounds per adult but if i went to Paris and not the Disney station it was only 90 pounds per person yet it is a longer journey, this shows that companies put up prices just because its going to somewhere like Disney, it's the demand that drives up the price.

You pay to park at the resort you are staying at

You pay to park at the resort you are staying at

In 2014 we paid £3800 for 16 nights and booked staying in OKW but next year 17 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter is £6800. Both with 14 day park tickets and free dining (difference paid to make POFQ standard plan). So not so far off double the price and a down graded hotel category.

PO is not a downgraded hotel over SSR they are very very alike

Parking fee now applied to all guests at Disney resorts - price per night depends on type of resort - value resorts charge the least whereas the deluxe resorts charge the most. You might get a package deal that includes "free parking" but I haven't seen any yet.

OKW or SSR are both consider deluxe resorts vs PO a moderate, so most would consider them to be a downgrade. However I’m glad you think it’s not as that’s where I am staying.

Flights are so expensive and that’s one thing you need!! I’ve been considering a Florida holiday without Disney to save money and see other places, it’s an option. But we need flights!! X

Flights are so expensive and that’s one thing you need!! I’ve been considering a Florida holiday without Disney to save money and see other places, it’s an option. But we need flights!! X

Do you go in school holidays?
I've got to admit flights are the one affordable thing for us, this past year flights have been at prices we were paying 15 years ago, we dont go in school holidays so not held to rip off prices. I've frequently seen flights at 350pp.

You could always take a Disney transatlantic cruise to avoid the flight one way, but I’m not sure it could be considered money saving!

Have you considered a foreign airline? Norwegian Airways seem to be offering a good deal at the moment. Also consider flying from a regional airport such as Manchester or Birmingham!

Nothing wrong with Norwegian. It luggage when added is only 20kgs and their financial standing is not the best in the market. This might be helped bizarrely by the Thomas Cook failure as part of their flights are bought by some tour operators.

In August 2017 we stayed in Caribbean Beach for 6 nights for £930. Booking for the same period next year (1st Friday in Aug, 6 nights) is £1338. So a 44% increase in 3 years there.

The tickets went from £1,416 in 2017 (3 adults at £359, 1 kid at £339 for a 14-day park hopper) to £1,696 in 2020 (3 adults at £429, 1 kid at £409). That's a 20% increase over three years. The dollar amount they are getting for those tickets in 2020 is probably lower than it was in 2017.

Overall the price paid to Disney has gone from £2,346 in 2017 to £3,034 in 2020. That's an increase of 29.3%.

A big chunk of the increase is going to be currency devaluation as we made the booking for Aug 2017 in Apr 2016, back when the exchange rate was much healthier, and those GBP prices would have been set even earlier than that.

Going to WDW has got much more expensive for us in the UK in the last few years, but I think a lot of that has been self-inflicted rather than price gouging by Disney.

In fact I've just gone to xe.com and checked historical rates, and the dollar amount when we made our booking in 2016 was $3,399, and if I booked now for 2020 it would be $3,701. That's an increase of 8.9% in 3 years, which doesn't seem that unreasonable to me.

We almost always stay offsite but at the height of the recession Disney tempted us to stay at Old Key West with Dining plan in a studio, cost us £60/night for 3 of us. Just tried to get a quote for next year to compare but can't get a quote in a studio. 21 nights for £1,260 incl all our food and free parking, those were the days :) One year we did 4 visits prices on and offsite were so low.
Disney has outpriced us but offsite the deals are still there, just got back this morning, stayed a few nights at Grande Villas Resort LBV, outstanding 2 bed apartment for £45/nt plus £10/nt resort fee. Car rental £19/day incl. tank of gas $30, food offsite risen slightly but still reasonable. We did 23 nights touring Florida, Flights, car, hotels cost us less than £1000 each plus spend on food, drinks, shopping & fuel approx another £1,000 each.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!