• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Total newbies going to DL

lucincia

DIS Veteran
First time Disneylander for DW, friend, and I. Total newbies here :)

Basically, interested in doing things that are not in WDW or are supposedly better at DL.

We'll be there from Sunday (March 19) and leaving Wednesday (March 22).

One full day at DL and one full day in California Adventure?

Thanks!

At DL, not WDW: Pinochio, Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr., Storybook Boats, Roger Rabbit, Gadget's Go Coaster, Tarzan's Treehouse, Indiana Jones, Parade of Dreams, Remember Fireworks

Different at DL than WDW: Pirates, Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Snow White, Splash Mountain

At CA Adventure, not WDW: All rides in Paradise Pier Area, All rides in Bugs Land (Bug Life show is identical to WDW, though), Grizzly River Run, Aladdin Show, Electrical Parade

Different at CA Adventure than WDW: Tower of Terror, Disney Animation

I think I got it all! :)

jencav5 said:
At DL, not WDW: Pinochio, Mr. Toad, Alice in Wonderland, Casey Jr., Storybook Boats, Roger Rabbit, Gadget's Go Coaster, Tarzan's Treehouse, Indiana Jones, Parade of Dreams, Remember Fireworks
Don't forget the canoes!

And the new Mosters Inc. ride will be open for your trip too!! Not expecting much from that though.

And the Enchanted Tiki Room, too. My friend, Kristy (not on here, but someone I know IRL), used to work at WDW and she said the Enchanted Tiki Room there is awful. Birds like Iago and Zazu are in the show and the music is more hip hop. She couldn't stand it and had to see the original when she was visiting out here during the San Diego Comic Con. My sister and I went with her on July 19.

jencav5, I read your list and...wow! I'd be very depressed not being able to do those rides if I visit WDW! They need to put them in!

almostGoofy said:
And the Matterhorn.

I can't believe I forgot the Matterhorn-that's a huge one! The canoes I know why I forgot them, but the Matterhorn!?!!?! :rotfl:

Brina78 said:
And the Enchanted Tiki Room, too. My friend, Kristy (not on here, but someone I know IRL), used to work at WDW and she said the Enchanted Tiki Room there is awful. Birds like Iago and Zazu are in the show and the music is more hip hop. She couldn't stand it and had to see the original when she was visiting out here during the San Diego Comic Con. My sister and I went with her on July 19.

jencav5, I read your list and...wow! I'd be very depressed not being able to do those rides if I visit WDW! They need to put them in!

The Tiki room is good at DL! The one at WDW is "under new management" and it's not the same. Our kids liked it with the characters, but it was lacking in the music-they should have had more of the original song in it.

I doubt you'd be depressed missing those rides at WDW because there is so much more to do there! Fantasyland at MK is not the same as at DL, but the rides are slightly different and the other parks there are great, with many other things that we don't have in CA. :)

Go on Buzz Lightyear! That's tons of fun and you can e-mail your photo to yourself. If you're brave go on the Maliboomer in DCA. That's loads of fun!

As long as it's not spring break, you won't even need a full day for CA. It's such a non-crowded place and so enjoyable. You could do everything in 1/2 day and whatever you missed at DL the day before, you could go back to after CA.(if you have hopper tickets) Calif Screamin is the best roller coaster I have ever been on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter