ToT Improvement?

larworth

DIS Veteran
This was in the IR newsletter in describing the new California version of ToT:

An elevator ride up into the Hollywood Tower is filled with strange apparitions and unsettling sounds, climaxing in a precipitous drop

Maybe I missed this before, but the “unsettling sounds” jumped out. Makes it seem like audio special effects will play a much bigger role. Wonder if this could also be the mysterious upgrade rumored to be coming to MGM along with the random drop sequence?

I read somewhere that the California version would forgo the "pre-drop" effects that the WDW version features, i.e. the view of the beckoning apparitions, the broken window, the giant eye, etc. Perhaps the "unsettling sounds" in the DCA version will act as an audio replacement for the absent visual effects. Has anyone else heard tell of a pared-down DCA Tower?

J.-

I would think that the "unsettling sounds" were already part of the MGM version. Each time I ride I hear different noises, thunder, a childs laugh, heavy rain, creaking, cables snapping.... perhaps this is what they were talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter