Tortola Beach Express?

Maybe someone has been to that area before on their own and will report back. We're going in Jan. I book our excursions next week and that is the one I'm looking at also. If you go, please report back. I haven't been able to find much info on TripAdvisor about this area of the island.

Maybe someone has been to that area before on their own and will report back. We're going in Jan. I book our excursions next week and that is the one I'm looking at also. If you go, please report back. I haven't been able to find much info on TripAdvisor about this area of the island.
From what I been told there are open air taxis that will take you to the beach for alot cheaper then Disney is offering

@Snuggly01 - I have heard that too, but given the hurricane damage and reports that the island is not fully up and running, I'm not sure where to tell a cab to take us...it really does seem expensive for what it is, but it will probably avoid a potentially disastrous mistake on my part, ha.

If we end up doing it, I will definitely report back. Good to know that it's new, @_auroraborealis_ ! I hope we do get some trip reports including this excursion soon...

@Snuggly01 - I have heard that too, but given the hurricane damage and reports that the island is not fully up and running, I'm not sure where to tell a cab to take us...it really does seem expensive for what it is, but it will probably avoid a potentially disastrous mistake on my part, ha.

If we end up doing it, I will definitely report back. Good to know that it's new, @_auroraborealis_ ! I hope we do get some trip reports including this excursion soon...
That it is new speaks well for it being maybe decent.

We just got back from this itinerary on Sept 22. We had the same concerns about Tortola after the hurricane. We did Cane Garden on our own Sept. 2016 and just did the Island Drive and Beach Break (TT11 Cane Garden )this time through Disney. Honestly, I think it was a waste of money and we should have done it on our own. At Cane Garden, everything was prett much the same as before the Hurricane. I know you're asking about Beef Island but if your concerns are the roads, then you should be fine...just thought I'd share my recent experience. We also did Coki beach in St. Thomas on our own this time around and it was great :)

We just got back from this itinerary on Sept 22. We had the same concerns about Tortola after the hurricane. We did Cane Garden on our own Sept. 2016 and just did the Island Drive and Beach Break (TT11 Cane Garden )this time through Disney. Honestly, I think it was a waste of money and we should have done it on our own. At Cane Garden, everything was prett much the same as before the Hurricane. I know you're asking about Beef Island but if your concerns are the roads, then you should be fine...just thought I'd share my recent experience. We also did Coki beach in St. Thomas on our own this time around and it was great :)

Thank you for this. I think we are going to cancel the excursion. It seems expensive for what it is, and we will do something on our own (may or may not be beach).

Thank you for this report! We were planning on doing Cane Garden on our own, too, good to hear all is well!

Thank you for this report! We were planning on doing Cane Garden on our own, too, good to hear all is well!
I love this beach. Let me know if you have any questions. They had food stands available and restrooms and some water toys . The water was a bit murky that day but that was only because it had rained earlier and I think the week before there were four systems in the Atlantic!

Attachments

• 139A1D75-E388-41AA-B5F6-147C8A0D63EC.jpeg
    139A1D75-E388-41AA-B5F6-147C8A0D63EC.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 35
  • DBA9F1F5-AE0C-49EB-8597-07A2EEE3A35F.jpeg
    DBA9F1F5-AE0C-49EB-8597-07A2EEE3A35F.jpeg
    162.2 KB · Views: 36
  • B5A380F2-FFF6-47A9-A7ED-0144F79469F9.jpeg
    B5A380F2-FFF6-47A9-A7ED-0144F79469F9.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 38
I love this beach. Let me know if you have any questions. They had food stands available and restrooms and some water toys . The water was a bit murky that day but that was only because it had rained earlier and I think the week before there were four systems in the Atlantic!

Wow it looks lovely!! When you went on your own, did you just walk off the ship and take a taxi that was there? And were there plenty of options to get BACK when you were ready to leave (probably a more important question, really - a bit paranoid about not making it back in time!)

We did Cane Garden Bay on our Sept 22 trip as well. We walked off the ship and there is a taxi stand just post the the port shopping area. Maybe 5 min walk from the ship. There were 4 of us 2A and a 6 and 4 year old. The price for taxis are the same whether you take the open air or regular style taxi. We took the open air style to the beach. About a 20-ish minute ride. He charged us 24$ For the 4 of us. He said he gave the kids a 2 for 1 deal but I think that is normal rates. 8$ person and 1/2price for kids.

The beach was beautiful. We would go back. We were told lots of the shaded areas were gone due to hurricane damage to the trees. It was 20$ for two beach chairs and an umbrella. Drinks were reasonable priced. We got two daiquiris for 50$ and beers were around 4. There were minimal food options. Only one stand where we were (same place we got drinks) and food looked a little dicey so we decided not to get anything.

On the way back our driver was waiting to fill his taxi before we left (holds about 20 people). A few people were getting antsy so they found other ways back. We ended up sitting in the cab for about 40 min. It was hot and kids were restless. A nice lady saw us and offered us a ride back in her Murano (private taxi). She recounted tales of the hurricane. The ride was so much smoother in her vehicle vs the open air taxis and it is important to note (at least what we were told) is rides to the beach are the same rates regardless of which taxi you take. Our ride back was the same $24 but we gave her $50.

I think 64$ a person for a beach excursion is a hefty price tag. Hopefully they offer something with that. Without tip it cost us 48$ round trip for four of us and 20$ for the chairs/umbrellas. Plus the couple drinks we bought.

Hope this helps

We did Cane Garden Bay on our Sept 22 trip as well. We walked off the ship and there is a taxi stand just post the the port shopping area. Maybe 5 min walk from the ship. There were 4 of us 2A and a 6 and 4 year old. The price for taxis are the same whether you take the open air or regular style taxi. We took the open air style to the beach. About a 20-ish minute ride. He charged us 24$ For the 4 of us. He said he gave the kids a 2 for 1 deal but I think that is normal rates. 8$ person and 1/2price for kids.

The beach was beautiful. We would go back. We were told lots of the shaded areas were gone due to hurricane damage to the trees. It was 20$ for two beach chairs and an umbrella. Drinks were reasonable priced. We got two daiquiris for 50$ and beers were around 4. There were minimal food options. Only one stand where we were (same place we got drinks) and food looked a little dicey so we decided not to get anything.

On the way back our driver was waiting to fill his taxi before we left (holds about 20 people). A few people were getting antsy so they found other ways back. We ended up sitting in the cab for about 40 min. It was hot and kids were restless. A nice lady saw us and offered us a ride back in her Murano (private taxi). She recounted tales of the hurricane. The ride was so much smoother in her vehicle vs the open air taxis and it is important to note (at least what we were told) is rides to the beach are the same rates regardless of which taxi you take. Our ride back was the same $24 but we gave her $50.

I think 64$ a person for a beach excursion is a hefty price tag. Hopefully they offer something with that. Without tip it cost us 48$ round trip for four of us and 20$ for the chairs/umbrellas. Plus the couple drinks we bought.

Hope this helps

This helps a lot, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!