Tortilla rollup appetizers - got any recipes?

christineann

DIS Veteran
We are having a bunch of teenagers and their parents over for a barbecue at the beach, and I would love to make rollup appetizers using tortillas. Anybody have any suggestions???

Thanks in advance, and have a great Labor Day weekend!

These are so easy and a favorite at our house:

Tortilla Pinwheels

1 bar cream cheese softened
1 small bunch green onions chopped
garlic salt to taste
1 package large flour tortillas
salsa

combine the cream chees, onions, and garlic salt. Spread onto tortillas, rolling each one up tightly and wrapping in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Remove plastic wrap and slice into "pinwheels". Dip in salsa!

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend everyone!

Candi

MEXICAN PINWHEELS

1 PACKAGE OF TORTILLA SHELLS
1 PACKAGE OF CREAM CHEESE
1/2 PACKAGE OF THE DRY POWDER RANCH DRESSING MIX
SMALL CAN OF OLIVES
SMALL CAN OF PIMENTOS
SMALL CAN OF CHILIS
1 GREEN ONION

MIX UP CREAM CHEESE AND RANCH DRESS ING MIX. SPREAD ON TORTILLA SHELLS.
SPRINKLE INGREDIENTS ALL AROUND THE SHELL LIGHTLY. ROLL THE SHELL LET THEM SIT IN REFRIGERATOR FOR 1 HOUR THEN SLICE. THEY ARE GREAT!!

I have a tortilla appetizer recipe but they aren't rolled, but are really good.......I call them mexican things

1 pkg (of 10) tortillas
1 pkg cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 bunch green onions...chopped
1 can diced green chilis
1-2 tbs chopped jalopenos (preferrably red...for color)

Mix all the ingredients with a hand mixer til thoroughly mixed
Spread about 1/4 cp (heaping) on the tortilla......then put another tortilla on top, spread another mixture......do this with 5 tortillas.

Then do the other 5

Wrap in saran wrap and refridgerate overnight.......cut up in pie shapes (pizza cutter works good)

You can dip in salsa.

The more jalapenos......the hotter they are......do to your taste

Everyone always loves these

I was going to post the one that macymichelle posted. Those are really good.

I buy the KC masterpiece shredded pork and put some on the tortillas and then roll them up and eat them! its pretty good.

I was at a party recently where they served the tortilla rollups with cold cuts inside. They had ones with roast beef, arugula and horseradish sauce. Others had turkey and cheese and cream cheese. There was one with grilled vegis too. They were all yummy!

Here's a variation I have used:

I spread a tortilla flat with cream cheese, then add grilled chicken (I use Perdue short cuts), spinach leaves, and strips of sliced red pepper. Roll it up and cut into fourths. Put a toothpick in each one, and you're ready to go.

cream cheese with taco seasoning blended well
spread and roll
spear with tooth picks
serve with salsa

Here is something so super simple that even I the non cooker can do.

One package of tortillas
one tub of garden vegetable cream cheese

spread cream cheese on tortillas, roll and slice. Viola~ :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter