Toronto - One of a Kind Christmas Craft Show -

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
I missed it last year, but there's no way I'm missing it again this year! I really enjoy it, and it's become kind of a Christmas tradition. :)

The dates for this year are Nov. 28th - Dec. 08th.
National Trade Centre
Exhibition Place

Have you ever gone to one of the craft shows? Are you planning on attending this year?

One of a Kind Craft Show and Sale :)

LOL Kim! Len and I met at the very first one 27 years ago! We were both working there selling jewellry. I was with my Aunt and Uncle's jewellry and he was helping out a friend. We went out together on the second or third night, and by the time that date was over, we knew that we were going to get married. We did get married that August, and celebrated our 26 anniversary this summer. We used to go there every year when my family still did the show, but we haven't been in quite a few years.

We usually go every other year...that's about the time my lambs wool slippers need replacing and each time I go back to the same vendor! We also picked up some gorgeous iron flowers last year to put on our fireplace. We also bought a "family portrait statute", in iron, when we had our daughter 6 years ago. After we had my son, my husband snuck down to the show on his own and bought another statue, but with four of us this time and gave it to me for x-mas!! The entertainment book has a buy one get one free admission for the show. I just picked up the 2003 version on Saturday!

I'll probably go to the One of a Kind Craft Show again this year, but I generally do more browsing than buying. It's so huge that by the end of the excursion I'm just concentrating on getting up and down the rest of the aisles. The two craft shows that I'm usually able to get a ton of gifts at, though, are:

The Sugar Plum Fair at Casa Loma (helps to support the National Ballet School Foundation) to be held Nov. 14 - 16 this year and

The Signatures Craft Show at the Metro Convention Centre to be held Nov. 29 - Dec. 8 this year.

CindyAnn!!! :) How nice to see you here! :) How the heck are you? :)

You're right, the show is enormous, and makes for a long day, time to wear my Disney walkers! :)

Really Kathy?? :) Wow, that's a very cool story! It's amazing that you "knew" so quickly.....sigh...isn't love grand.....:) :)

Jo-Anne, the iron family portrait sounds very interesting. I don't think I've seen it before but I'm going to look more carefully this time. Thank you for the heads up on the Entertainment book coupon. :)

Hey CindyAnn: Good to "see" you back here!

CindyAnn!! It really is great to see you here again! We've all been wondering how you are doing. We've missed having you around! I hope that you stick around now that you're back.

Thank you very kindly, everyone. I was telling PoohBWV that it feels strange to be posting after such a long absence. I appreciate being made to feel so welcome, and hope to be posting more again in the future.

THANKS, GUYS! (ACTUALLY, GALS!)

Holy wow!

Welcome home Cindy Ann! You have been missed!

I was thinking about you last night! Katholyn posted a thread about the first DISers you ever met and for me that was you, Snowwark and Sandra! Great to see you!

How far away is this craft show from the downtown area? I'll be accompanying my husband to Toronto and will need something to do while he is in meetings. This sounds like it would be great...
Thanks,
Annie
p.s. how far away are the Crispy Creme donuts that I've heard so much about from downtown?

Hi Annie12345! :)

The show is on the Canadian National Exhibition grounds, which are right down on the waterfront, minutes from downtown Toronto, actually all part of downtown TO.

The following link should help you out. :)

Show Info & Directions

As far as the Krispy Kreme donuts go, I'm not sure where their store is located, but I know that lots of people here do, so, where are the KK donuts, DISers?? :) :)

I hope you enjoy your trip to Toronto! :)

Unfortunately, the Krispy Kreme place is in Mississauga which is quite a ways from downtown. The One of a Kind Show would be a great way to spend the day though!

Thanks so much for the information. I will definitely plan to spend a day at the Craft Show. I guess I'll have to wait until February when we go to WDW to try a Krispy Kreme...
- Annie

DH and I went last night, and had a fun time! It wasn't as busy as I had expected it might be for a Friday night.

Bought lots of goodies, apple sage jelly, which I love, some maple with port wine salad dressing....yummy, delicious chocolate almond bark that I find very difficult to resist, and a few Christmas gifts.

Three hours wasn't really enough time, but I won't be able to get back again this year. I guess I'll wait until the spring show! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter