Topsiders for Dinner....

Favorite Auntie

<font color=red>8 Disney nieces & nephews!<br><fon
If you opt to go to Topsiders for dinner instead of your regular rotation, is it still buffet at night or is it table service? I have always dined at the regular rotation, but this November I will be traveling with a 5 year old and may not make the dining room every night. :confused:

I was surprised to find out that it is NOT a buffet at dinner. We did not eat there, but I did go in and check it out. The lighting is low and it is quite a nice atmosphere. The entrees looked excellent each of the three times I checked them out (they have the menue items out in the buffet area for you to check out).

Last Feb. we ate at Topsidders for dinner. It was very nice. They do have table service and the buffet(I think) is set up with salads and breads. We just sat at the table and had full service like the other resteraunts.

Interesting....I wonder if it is customary to tip for having dinner there, or if your other tips for the main dining room covers you in Topsiders too? Any thought???:confused:

I'm curious about Topsiders for dinner also.

Does anyone know what hours it is open for dinner?

Since it is table service and not buffet, would it work for the kids to go there for an early dinner (if they don't want to wait for our late seating time) before going to the kids club? Or would this take too long?

Does anyone remember what types of items were on the menu - not just the kids menu? Is is just sandwiches, burgers, etc. or is it comparable to the food in the main dining rooms?

Thanks

The food is comparable to the main dining rooms and often there are items that are off the menus of the main dining rooms or off the specialty menus (even if those items are not served on a particular night). They told me that they serve a chicken, beef, fish, and (I think) a pasta dish each night. They also have a nice selection of appetizers and desserts. Topsiders was open at about 6:30 pm each night as I recall and I think it closed about 10:00 pm. Check the navigators at Barb's and Tony's site (www.castawayclub.com) for more exact info from other recent cruises.

my wife and i had dinner at topsiders on our march cruise last year, and we enjoyed the evening very much. i think our excursion was late, and the 6:00 early seating time just snuck up on us. we went to topsiders, and it was a nice suprise: dimly lit, table service, good food and service. you would never know it was the site of the crowded lunch and breakfast buffets. plus, it was a nice break from the noisy main dining rooms. i left a nice tip for our deserving waiter, but since i worked as a waiter for several years, i generally over-tip. i would definately schedule a dinner at topsiders, especially if you have been on several cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter