Toppings for soft serve?

I’ll add my favorite use of soft serve as the topping: pineapple cake from Cookies BBQ on Castaway Cay in a cup covered with vanilla soft serve. Mmmm. :yay:

DD had started don't things are "for sale for free." I have no idea where she got this. However she readily distinguishes between things like the ice cream or samples at Costco and items being offered by street vendors.

I feel like for sale for free kind of accurately describes the whole ice cream and soda thing. :laughing:

I'm not usually big on plain soft serve either, but it was actually fun to get a couple times and really refreshing. I also loved being able to make floats, as other people suggested.

By the other dessert in the back where the sides meet.
I completely missed this on our first cruise...I didn't know it existed until I started seeing trip reports mentioning the ice cream they got from Cabanas...

Thanks for letting us know where to look! Maybe we'll try some in August!

Really? I never noticed this. Where do they serve it?

Usually by the back of Cabanas on Magic and Wonder and along the side on the Dream/Fantasy. They have hard packed ice cream...different flavors throughout the cruise. I also love any and all of their bread puddings!!!

I also remember the days when they had hard packed ice cream on deck before they switched to soft serve...and they did, at one time, have other toppings...chocolate syrup, sprinkles, etc.

MJ

Our word of choice is "complimentary".

Complimentary does sound better to me. I had never given it much thought to be honest.

I completely missed this on our first cruise...I didn't know it existed until I started seeing trip reports mentioning the ice cream they got from Cabanas...

Thanks for letting us know where to look! Maybe we'll try some in August!

I know we had chocolate chip mint and cookies and cream. They were very fresh and good. Like Baskin Robbins.

I believe the hard pack ice-cream came to the classics when they had their big dry docks. Many of us "missed" it because it wasn't there yet.

Usually by the back of Cabanas on Magic and Wonder and along the side on the Dream/Fantasy. They have hard packed ice cream...different flavors throughout the cruise. I also love any and all of their bread puddings!!!

I also remember the days when they had hard packed ice cream on deck before they switched to soft serve...and they did, at one time, have other toppings...chocolate syrup, sprinkles, etc.

MJ

Learned something new about Cabanas . Have to check it out on the Alaska cruise. Thank you.

Fish extender gifts may sometimes include cups and spoons along with some toppings for the icecream that is complimentary with cruise fare. Disney only provides cones in the immediate area.

ETA: Cabanas also has regular ice cream and the flavors rotate daily.

Funny. My boys noticed people eating it at lunch the first day. They were done, DH and I were still eating.
It told them that if they asked the waiter standing behind us nicely, with their polite words, that he would help them get some.
(The boys were 3 and 8 at the time.)

They came back a bit later, with my older one saying, "they just gave it to me!!!!"

You can also grab cookies, brownies, etc from Cabanas. My kids love to make coke floats too. Ice cream is a several times a day treat for them. Blueberry and mango were big hit flavors.
I have taking 2 chocolate chip cookies and made an ice cream sandwich when we were on Castaway Cay...cookies are bigger.

I remember when the soft serve was behind the counter and they had a ton of toppings. They had m&m's I used to get in a cup and take it to the movie theater.

My standard piece of "what do you wish you knew" advice is to keep going all the way to the back at Cabanas. Just because some things repeat, doesn't mean there aren't more things further on.

On the toppings. I'd speculate that there'd be jimmies all over the deck if they offered them. I know what our daughter can do with a cone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!