Toppings for soft serve?

leannak

DIS Veteran
First time cruiser here. Word on the street is there is free soft serve on the Disney ships. My question is this: are there toppings? Chocolate syrup or sprinkles or hot fudge or cookies? If not, can I maybe swipe some cold cereal from the buffet to put on my ice cream? (Is the ice cream only on cones or are there cups?) Maybe I should bring my own toppings. Hmmmm.

I’m asking about the Magic but feel free to share what’s on the other ships. :)

Last edited:
There are no toppings at the soft serve station. Cones are at the ice cream station. We usually stop at the beverage station and get a cup for our ice cream. You could put cereal on your ice cream if you want.

No toppings are provided. There are cones by the ice cream but you can get a cup from the Soda station on the other side of the deck.

Cereal at Cabanas is in the little boxes, so you can grab one at breakfast. You can also buy packaged candy by the theaters. Or you can just bring on board whatever toppings you would enjoy.

Free...haha
Sorry, yes I meant ice cream i will have already paid for when i paid for my cruise. I just meant to differentiate from ice cream for which you need to pay extra. I believe there is a specialty ice cream place on some of the ships, but I don't think there's one on the Magic. It sounds like I'll just have to wait for my desserts at dinner, I'm not a plain soft-serve kind of ice cream eater.

Sorry, yes I meant ice cream i will have already paid for when i paid for my cruise. I just meant to differentiate from ice cream for which you need to pay extra. I believe there is a specialty ice cream place on some of the ships, but I don't think there's one on the Magic. It sounds like I'll just have to wait for my desserts at dinner, I'm not a plain soft-serve kind of ice cream eater.

They different flavours if that helps. The mango was quite yummy on the Wonder

Note that there are pictures like this of the signs floating around but they're outdated.

DCLBlog_IMG_1521_Eye-Scream-Treats-Menu.jpg

You can also grab cookies, brownies, etc from Cabanas. My kids love to make coke floats too. Ice cream is a several times a day treat for them. Blueberry and mango were big hit flavors.

Reactions: KVH
You can also grab cookies, brownies, etc from Cabanas. My kids love to make coke floats too. Ice cream is a several times a day treat for them. Blueberry and mango were big hit flavors.

ETA: Cabanas also has regular ice cream and the flavors rotate daily.

Who needs toppings when one can make a root beer float or drink of the day float. Really liked my drink of the day float.

recipe
1 Order drink of the day and drink 1/4.
2 Add the ice cream of your choice till the drink is full
3 enjoy
you can keep adding ice cream every time you pass the ice cream machine.

I usually get a bowl, put whatever the cabanas hot dessert of the day is in it, then head over to top it with soft serve.

How did this thread evolve from one about finding little toppings for the soft serve to the soft serve being the topping on a larger dessert? :rotfl: In any event I love all the great ideas people are sharing here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter