Top Ten reasons you know you have a Disney Obsession:

Soooo I just found your report and it wan't until page 2 or so that I realized this was LAST year! :rotfl2: I was very confused.

I haven't gotten very far but wanted to say hi. I love finding TR's from fellow Ohioians! (central Ohio...not sure where you are). I love the Disney names you gave everyone. I wish I would have done that in my PTR.

Can't wait to read more.... pirate:

I know, I know, I'm a whole year behind. But isn't the important thing that I actually eventually finish? princess::hourglass

As for the Disney names, I hope you aren't too disappointed because I changed to our normal names once we got to my blog. It seemed to confusing to explain to the whole world why my names are one thing on most of my site, but totally different on my Disney trip report portion.

I'm from southern Ohio near the river. But Donald is from Columbus.

Just finished your two updates. Fantasy Land in DL does look pretty amazing. I'm surprised at how many different rides they have, not including the new updates at DW. Sorry that Sienna was sick and wasn't able to stay longer.

That castle - was there a height restriction when Walt was building DL? It looks cute, but it should be taller.

World of Color......hmmmm. I'm not sure I would like the viewing set up for this. I need to look for this on You Tube.

Your updates are keeping my weight loss on track, I'll have you know. :laughing:

If I stay on track, I'm slated to be at my goal weight right around the time we leave for Disneyland next spring and every time I think I just can't track another point, I think about you sprinting across Disneyland to your (not in a hurry) family and I know that I do *not* want to go to Disneyland overweight!

Just finished your two updates. Fantasy Land in DL does look pretty amazing. I'm surprised at how many different rides they have, not including the new updates at DW. Sorry that Sienna was sick and wasn't able to stay longer.

That castle - was there a height restriction when Walt was building DL? It looks cute, but it should be taller.

World of Color......hmmmm. I'm not sure I would like the viewing set up for this. I need to look for this on You Tube.

Yes, but don't be tricked because they hold their cameras up and you can't tell the crowds. Our video is always way better than reality as we hold our camera up and at an angle. While we stand behind the giant heads. :rotfl: It really is worth the trouble, it's an amazing show.

Your updates are keeping my weight loss on track, I'll have you know. :laughing:

If I stay on track, I'm slated to be at my goal weight right around the time we leave for Disneyland next spring and every time I think I just can't track another point, I think about you sprinting across Disneyland to your (not in a hurry) family and I know that I do *not* want to go to Disneyland overweight!

I need you to inspire ME! Ariel (Alex/Lexy) was diagnosed with PCOS in April and is supposed to be off sugar. When she eats sugar she feels AWFUL. So she and I did great for 6 weeks and I lost 5 lbs. The last two weeks we've been crazy sugar eating fools! So today we began again. Hmmm... maybe I'll post my Dole Whip Popsicle recipe we just made today on my blog. If I do, I'll tell you so you can make them too. I need to figure out how many calories they are each.

Either way, stay on track! You can do it! Even if you have a bummer two weeks (like me) you can get right back on track and soon be ready to race around DL like us. Plus, those California people ARE pretty cute. That alone is motivating.

I need you to inspire ME! Ariel (Alex/Lexy) was diagnosed with PCOS in April and is supposed to be off sugar. When she eats sugar she feels AWFUL. So she and I did great for 6 weeks and I lost 5 lbs. The last two weeks we've been crazy sugar eating fools! So today we began again. Hmmm... maybe I'll post my Dole Whip Popsicle recipe we just made today on my blog. If I do, I'll tell you so you can make them too. I need to figure out how many calories they are each.

Either way, stay on track! You can do it! Even if you have a bummer two weeks (like me) you can get right back on track and soon be ready to race around DL like us. Plus, those California people ARE pretty cute. That alone is motivating.

Oh that stinks. I have PCOS and it's just awful and makes losing weight *so* much harder.

I'll tell what the hardest part is for me, and what always causes me to fall off the no-sugar wagon - soda. I love it and no diet soda or sparkling water ever fills that void for me. Once I quit for about 2 weeks, I'm good and the cravings go away. But man, if I slip up even once, it's like starting from square one.

Can't wait to see the Dole Whip Popsicle recipe - that is definitely blog worthy!

Oh that stinks. I have PCOS and it's just awful and makes losing weight *so* much harder.

I'll tell what the hardest part is for me, and what always causes me to fall off the no-sugar wagon - soda. I love it and no diet soda or sparkling water ever fills that void for me. Once I quit for about 2 weeks, I'm good and the cravings go away. But man, if I slip up even once, it's like starting from square one.

Can't wait to see the Dole Whip Popsicle recipe - that is definitely blog worthy!

Oh my goodness, you do?? :hug: We are struggling. She started feeling terrible and gaining weight and having emotional mood swings in November/December and it just escalated. Her grades dropped, everything. We were really frustrated and confused and kept thinking "Welcome to parenting adolescents." But I've had a few hormone issues myself and when Tim and I went to Hawaii and were away from the problem I started realizing that her issues weren't just teenage issues. They didn't seem like a normal part of life. They seemed like symptoms. I actually took her in to have her thyroid tested as it runs in Tim's family. But the doctor immediately suspected PCOS and ran my requested thryoid tests along with PCOS ones.

Sure enough. She was right. Lexy started on Metformin and we gave up Sugar and refined flour, white rice and pasta, etc. She lost 6 lbs those first 6 weeks and felt AMAZING. We went back to the doctor and her insulin had dropped by half. We were really excited. But evidently not excited enough to keep up with the diet and exercise! Especially because the last two weeks of school are just one sweet treat after another. And it rained almost every day.

So school is now out and after today we start our summer schedule. We re-committed to stay off sugar. I don't want her to feel bad at Disney World. :sick:

Can you share any strategies? Or favorite websites? We are at the VERY beginning of her journey. She's interested in being an RN or dietician so she's willing to learn about everything. But she's 11. So self-discipline is a challenge. Who am I kidding? I'm 39 and self-discipline is impossible! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

OK. Here she is posing with her Dole Whip popsicle and the recipe.

Dole Whip Sugar-Free Popsicles

Oh my goodness, you do?? :hug: We are struggling. She started feeling terrible and gaining weight and having emotional mood swings in November/December and it just escalated. Her grades dropped, everything. We were really frustrated and confused and kept thinking "Welcome to parenting adolescents." But I've had a few hormone issues myself and when Tim and I went to Hawaii and were away from the problem I started realizing that her issues weren't just teenage issues. They didn't seem like a normal part of life. They seemed like symptoms. I actually took her in to have her thyroid tested as it runs in Tim's family. But the doctor immediately suspected PCOS and ran my requested thryoid tests along with PCOS ones.

Sure enough. She was right. Lexy started on Metformin and we gave up Sugar and refined flour, white rice and pasta, etc. She lost 6 lbs those first 6 weeks and felt AMAZING. We went back to the doctor and her insulin had dropped by half. We were really excited. But evidently not excited enough to keep up with the diet and exercise! Especially because the last two weeks of school are just one sweet treat after another. And it rained almost every day.

So school is now out and after today we start our summer schedule. We re-committed to stay off sugar. I don't want her to feel bad at Disney World. :sick:

Can you share any strategies? Or favorite websites? We are at the VERY beginning of her journey. She's interested in being an RN or dietician so she's willing to learn about everything. But she's 11. So self-discipline is a challenge. Who am I kidding? I'm 39 and self-discipline is impossible! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Try doing a Whole30. Its a 30 day elimination diet (gets rid of sugar, gluten, dairy, etc) www.whole9.com The authors have a book that really explains it (It starts with food) but most of the critical info is on the website.

HTH

Jill in CO

Try doing a Whole30. Its a 30 day elimination diet (gets rid of sugar, gluten, dairy, etc) www.whole9.com The authors have a book that really explains it (It starts with food) but most of the critical info is on the website.

HTH

Jill in CO

That link takes a person to a Japanese snowboarding site. Was that the intention? Because it wasn't very helpful. :rotfl2: Off to Google Whole 30...

Oops!!! It's www.whole9life.com. Sorry about that. :)

Jill in CO

That was intense! I think it might be a little much for us. At one point on there it says that: "Don’t you dare tell us this is hard...YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE not to complete the program as written...Just because it’s your sister’s birthday, or your best friend’s wedding, or your company picnic does not mean you have to eat anything. It’s always a choice, and we would hope that you stopped succumbing to peer pressure in 7th grade."

Since she isn't in the 7th grade yet I thought maybe it wasn't for her. :faint:

Have you done the program? How does it compare to something like South Beach? Our 6 weeks that we did was pretty hard and we didn't cut out dairy and certainly not beans, though soy is on her do not eat list.

How did you feel on it?

I'm fairly new to the world of PCOS as well, though my Dr. thinks I've had it for quite some time, I'm newly diagnosed. However, my situation is a bit different in that I was simultaneously diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) so my treatment plan is, quite frankly, insane. I don't take any pharmaceutical drugs at the moment, but I do take in the ball park of 24 supplement pills a day. It's nothing a 6th grader would want to do, trust me. I know this, because I currently have to force 7 supplement pills down *my* 6th grader's throat every day (he was diagnosed with EDS at the same time I was). :faint:

Everything I can tell you, you've already stated - stay away from sugar, white carbs, and soy. Stick to natural sweeteners - stevia, xylitol, grade B maple syrup, etc. Beyond that, I'm still very much in the learning phase of this diagnosis. It's frustrating, for sure!

Oh, no sick at DL? Definitely not fair but that’s what separates the true Disney fans from the “visitors” – nothing will stop you from being there at rope drop. Glad that she got to go back and rest.

Feathers at Dumbo!? How neat! And, no there are no more tickets at Dumbo in WDW. They had them for a while when it first opened but they were gone the last time we were there. Alice’s bathroom is awesome. It just makes you smile because they thought of EVERYTHING!

I completely agree with you on California having a better selection of clothing. We were in northern California last October and I just wanted to spend an afternoon shopping! Doesn’t it seem like everyone there is much more fashionable and hip? :confused3 It’s probably easier to be fashionable and healthy when its easy to get outdoors almost year-round and the calories are on every menu. I liked that feature, made the decision on food much easier!

Wow, PCOS at 11! I would have never thought of that at her age. Good for you to realize that it wasn’t typical teenage angst. :thumbsup2 Self-discipline is very hard for me especially when you’re talking about sugar. We are trying to eat healthier and have better snacks in the house. I’ve given up the sodas (I finally figured out that they were the culprit for my bowels being disagreeable) but the sugar has been harder to give up and I can’t imagine giving it up as a kid!

I’m going to try that Dole Whip Popsicle recipe, that will be great for summer!

I'm fairly new to the world of PCOS as well, though my Dr. thinks I've had it for quite some time, I'm newly diagnosed. However, my situation is a bit different in that I was simultaneously diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) so my treatment plan is, quite frankly, insane. I don't take an pharmaceutical drugs at the moment, but I do take in the ball park of 24 supplement pills a day. It's nothing a 6th grader would want to do, trust me. I know this, because I currently have to force 7 supplement pills down *my* 6th grader's throat every day (he was diagnosed with EDS at the same time I was). :faint:

Everything I can tell you, you've already stated - stay away from sugar, white carbs, and soy. Stick to natural sweeteners - stevia, xylitol, grade B maple syrup, etc. Beyond that, I'm still very much in the learning phase if this diagnosis. It's frustrating, for sure!

I have a really good friend who has been dealing with POTS for 10-12 years now. Not a fun battle and most doctors are just now beginning to understand what it is.

Christine

That was intense! I think it might be a little much for us. At one point on there it says that: "Don’t you dare tell us this is hard...YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE not to complete the program as written...Just because it’s your sister’s birthday, or your best friend’s wedding, or your company picnic does not mean you have to eat anything. It’s always a choice, and we would hope that you stopped succumbing to peer pressure in 7th grade."

Since she isn't in the 7th grade yet I thought maybe it wasn't for her. :faint:

Have you done the program? How does it compare to something like South Beach? Our 6 weeks that we did was pretty hard and we didn't cut out dairy and certainly not beans, though soy is on her do not eat list.

How did you feel on it?

I eat strict paleo (that's effectively what the whole 9 guys are doing) and I'm a type I diabetic on an insulin pump - my a1cs have been in the low 6's for the entire 3 years I've eaten that way. You will drop weight and feel amazing (after a couple of weeks of sugar DT's).

For something a little less hardcore, but the same principles - check out Mark Sisson at marksdailyapple.com

Oh, no sick at DL? Definitely not fair but that’s what separates the true Disney fans from the “visitors” – nothing will stop you from being there at rope drop. Glad that she got to go back and rest.

Feathers at Dumbo!? How neat! And, no there are no more tickets at Dumbo in WDW. They had them for a while when it first opened but they were gone the last time we were there. Alice’s bathroom is awesome. It just makes you smile because they thought of EVERYTHING!

I completely agree with you on California having a better selection of clothing. We were in northern California last October and I just wanted to spend an afternoon shopping! Doesn’t it seem like everyone there is much more fashionable and hip? :confused3 It’s probably easier to be fashionable and healthy when its easy to get outdoors almost year-round and the calories are on every menu. I liked that feature, made the decision on food much easier!

Wow, PCOS at 11! I would have never thought of that at her age. Good for you to realize that it wasn’t typical teenage angst. :thumbsup2 Self-discipline is very hard for me especially when you’re talking about sugar. We are trying to eat healthier and have better snacks in the house. I’ve given up the sodas (I finally figured out that they were the culprit for my bowels being disagreeable) but the sugar has been harder to give up and I can’t imagine giving it up as a kid!

I’m going to try that Dole Whip Popsicle recipe, that will be great for summer!

I have a really good friend who has been dealing with POTS for 10-12 years now. Not a fun battle and most doctors are just now beginning to understand what it is.

Christine

Yup, we die hard Diser's go to the parks at rope drop no matter what. ::yes:: Because it's so smart.

I'm fairly new to the world of PCOS as well, though my Dr. thinks I've had it for quite some time, I'm newly diagnosed. However, my situation is a bit different in that I was simultaneously diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) and Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS) so my treatment plan is, quite frankly, insane. I don't take any pharmaceutical drugs at the moment, but I do take in the ball park of 24 supplement pills a day. It's nothing a 6th grader would want to do, trust me. I know this, because I currently have to force 7 supplement pills down *my* 6th grader's throat every day (he was diagnosed with EDS at the same time I was). :faint:

Everything I can tell you, you've already stated - stay away from sugar, white carbs, and soy. Stick to natural sweeteners - stevia, xylitol, grade B maple syrup, etc. Beyond that, I'm still very much in the learning phase of this diagnosis. It's frustrating, for sure!

Wow! 24 pills a day? That's crazy. But you just have to do what you have to do, you know?

I eat strict paleo (that's effectively what the whole 9 guys are doing) and I'm a type I diabetic on an insulin pump - my a1cs have been in the low 6's for the entire 3 years I've eaten that way. You will drop weight and feel amazing (after a couple of weeks of sugar DT's).

For something a little less hardcore, but the same principles - check out Mark Sisson at marksdailyapple.com

Thanks for all the tips. Changing my family's eating habits makes me feel like this: :stir:
After reading a bunch I think I've basically decided to do what we did before. We are going to start in earnest June 1st. But until then this week we are just off sugar.
The biggest change I want to make is eating protein for breakfast instead of carbs. I know just this one thing will be huge. And though a temporary extreme diet appeals to me, I know in the long run it's better for me to just make small changes that we will actually have a chance of continuing long term.

Thanks for all the tips. Changing my family's eating habits makes me feel like this: :stir:
After reading a bunch I think I've basically decided to do what we did before. We are going to start in earnest June 1st. But until then this week we are just off sugar.
The biggest change I want to make is eating protein for breakfast instead of carbs. I know just this one thing will be huge. And though a temporary extreme diet appeals to me, I know in the long run it's better for me to just make small changes that we will actually have a chance of continuing long term.

Switching carbs for protein at breakfast made a *world* of difference for me. Huge.

Switching carbs for protein at breakfast made a *world* of difference for me. Huge.

I've done this before and it does make a really big difference.

After much reading and meditating (thanks for all the info!) I've decided to just go ahead and do what we did before as it was hard enough and I'd really like those changes to stick better and be reinforced rather than powering my way through 30 days with Alex only for her and I to go right back to our old ways at the end of the month. So I'm off to the store as soon as I finish work for the week.

I've been working on pictures and the like and hope to have a new chapter soon. You may have noticed that I broke down all the old blog posts into smaller chunks as supposedly I was doing it wrong. ;) According to the expert guys I work with whose influence is the whole reason I started blogging to begin with. So that sucked up all my new chapters writing time.

But as you all know, I'm on a big time crunch with our August WDW trip breathing down my neck so I'll be on top of this. :thumbsup2 Thanks for sticking with me!

So I put up NightTime Shows and now today I did
Breakfast with Minnie!

Also I did a Wordless Wednesday (it's a blog thing, yeah I don't really understand either but it is a Disney-focused one so I HAD to participate because it's Disney and ya-know, all things Disney HAVE to be good) about Toon Town. But because it was wordless I couldn't say everything I wanted to!

We understood completely after doing the Disneyland Toon Town why the big execs at Disney thought they could get rid of the one at Disney World. Because Disney World's was so LAME in comparison! We loved Roger Rabbit's ride and we loved exploring all of the houses: Mickey's and Minnies' but ALSO Chip and Dale's Treehouse and just so many other wonderful places to explore. It is OVER THE TOP fantastic. So cute.

We also loved meeting Mickey and Minnie at the front door of their houses. This seemed like a special treat. Not only does it feel like they are letting you in their home, but it made the crowd going into the house less all at once. It was just magical, magical.

LOVED Toon Town!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter