top pick for f&g fest food

Yeah, we leave in a couple weeks. Need the must do's....Also the drinks...Looking for beer flight tips as well.

I know the Pineapple Prominade is where I will be able to find my wife, my daughter, and my little grandtinker. pirate:

Last edited:
I loved the pink cocktail (La Vie en Rose) at France and orange slushy drink (comes in the Orange Bird but you can get it separately too). Citrus chicken, French macaron, violet lemonade, and honey cheesecake were good but not amazing.

Hoping I’ll find some better choices when I return on Thursday!

Looking for recs as well. Menus aren’t overly exciting but if there’s anything great I’d love to check it out.

Some top picks from my family:

Citrus Blossom - Tuna Tataki (my favorite of the whole festival!), Crispy Citrus Chicken
Northern Bloom - Beef Tenderloin Tips
La Isla Fresca - Jamaican-braised Beef (this was delicious), Tropical Freeze (much better than the orange cream slushy at Citrus Blossom)
Lotus House - Kung Fu Punch
Smokehouse - Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider (DH favorite of the festival!)
Honey Bee-Stro - Roasted Cauliflower (of the 2 cauliflower dishes, this one was the clear winner for me)
Fleur de Lys - Chocolate Macaron Lollipop (kids favorite of the festival!), La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy (delicious and refreshing)

Just ok:
Orange cream slushy from Citrus Blossom (we were really hoping to love this but the consistency was strange, like a melted smoothie)
Seared Scallops from Northern Bloom (not terrible, but not great)
Fried cauliflower from Taste of Marrakesh (huge portion, but nothing more than frozen, breaded cauliflower)
Spicy Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits from Florida Fresh (wasn't bad, but not one of our favs)

Both of the fried green tomato dishes - at the Arbor (the Odyssey building) with crab and fennel salad AND in Italy with mozzarella and balsamic glaze. Add in that Italian margarita which might be my new favorite festival beverage.

fried green tomato dishes - at the Arbor (the Odyssey building) with crab and fennel salad

This was my favorite dish of the festival. So simple but so satisfying. I was not expecting it to be as delicious as it was.

I also really loved the pork belly slider at the Smokehouse and the La Vie en Rose slush. I also tried the violet lemonade and I totally get the hype. The orange cream slushy was fine, but the real star was the Orange Bird sipper lol.

Our favorites were the crispy citrus chicken and the watermelon cucumber slush (opinions of 2 adults and 2 kids!)
The cauliflower dish at Honey Bistro was also very good, better than I thought it would be. The chocolate macaron was very good but it is very rich!The only thing we didn’t enjoy was the scallops from the Northern Kitchen near Canada. They were cooked well but the bacon overpowered everything and was just too much. We had a few other things but those were the standouts and our one disappointment.

Hope you enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter