top or best things to do at disney

fflmaster

DIS Veteran
hey everyone,

i will be at disney in april and i am looking for the best things to do.

i have twin boys age 6, so i don't know about cindy's castle, but i am looking for other things i may need to reserve or things i just can't miss.

any help would be appreciated.

thanks
al

some of you might get this:

7) cirque de soleil
6) summit plummet at blizzard beach
5) playhouse disney at disney studios
4) mountain trio (space, splash and big thunder)
3) disney's philharmagic
2) kiliminjaro safari
1) mission space

For two six year olds I would definately do a character meal - decide whether you want to do one while in park and what time a day you want to one for and there is one to accomodate whatever you decide.

Then I have to say beyond a doubt for me it would be to get Hoop Dee Doo reservations. Six year olds will absolutely love the slapstick and attention they will get.

The Ice Cream social at Epcot would be fun for them too.

The Pirate Cruise at the Grand Floridian would be tons of fun for them too.

And finally, something you don't have to have a reservation for but will need to thin about in advance, make sure you pilot a monorial with them.

Have fun - what a GREAT age to be going to Disney World with :hyper: :wave2:

Reservations?

Well, just to provide a list: pirate cruise, Simba's Cubhouse, Neverland Club, Illuminations cruise, any character meal, Hoop de Doo Revue, Poly Luau, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, the Cinderella Tea Party thing at GF, Fantasmic dinner pkg, and many others I can't think of right off the top of my head.

shotlz is on the right track: IMHO, if I were to step foot in the state of FL and not end up going down Summit Plummet, then I would consider my vacation a failure. That's how cool SP at BB is. :)

The Ice Cream social at Epcot would be fun for them too.

The Pirate Cruise at the Grand Floridian would be tons of fun for them too.

And finally, something you don't have to have a reservation for but will need to thin about in advance, make sure you pilot a monorial with them.

what is the ice cream social?

do you need reservations for pirate cruise (how many days in advance)?

how would i get them to pilot a monorial? like this one alot

thanks

Hi -
Glad I could help. To pilot a monorail, just ask the CM at the monorail station to do it an dthey will put you towards the front of the station and you will have to wait until one comes that has not already been requested by others to be piloted - we had great luck at the same time of year doing from the Contemporary wihtout any delay.

Here's some further info on the rest:Epcot's Garden Grill revolving restaurant features an afternoon Ice Cream Social with Mickey and his friends.

Priority Seatings (120 days in advance) are available at 3:00pm and also 3:30 pm. The cost is $6.75 plus tax and gratuity per person (same charge for children or adults).

http://allearsnet.com/din/rev_ics.htm

Go to this link for Grand Adventures for Children ideas: http://allearsnet.com/btp/grandadven.htm

The Pirate Cruise at the Grand Floridian - Children wear pirate bandannas and follow clues to search Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon for buried treasure. They sail to many exotic "ports of call" (Resort Marinas) to collect treasure. At the final port of call, children have a snack and split up the "buried treasure." Children who are potty trained (no pull-ups) and ages 4-10 may attend. Lunch is provided (Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich, Gummy bears, Krispy Treat and Juice box).

Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Available to all guests, Cost is $28.17 plus tax.
Reservations 120 days in advance 407-WDW-DINE

To pilot the monorail:
When you get to the monorail, simply ask the CM is your family can ride up front. There might already be families waiting, so its up to you if you want to wait or not (its never a long wait).
The best is the ride to EPCOT because its a much longer ride, you can spend some time talking to the pilot, and you go through the park.

I totally agree with the ride to Epcot - that's what we did and it was awesome! A pretty long ride with great views!

thanks,

this is great info, but i hate to sound stupid but what is cm stand for?

my wife usually is the one on these boards so i don't really know all the abreviations

thanks
al

You don't sound stupid! A CM is a Cast Member, which is what Disney calls their employees.

Hey Al - we all weren't born knowing these abreviations to use on the boards, we had to learn them too. Next thing you know you will be talking to your wife like this, "Honey, when we go to WDW I would like to stay at AKL and I would like to see if we could go to FtW and do HDD and while in MK head over to AL and hit PoC and then off to FL and hit IASM...." and on and on it will go.....:laughing: :rotfl:

thanks for the advice.. another things people can think of i would love to hear about it.

al

I have a DS (6) who has enjoyed the front of the monorail and the pirate cruise. On our last trip, we did the Family Magic Tour at Magic Kingdom. He loved it! :hyper: He still talks about the spell that was on the Magic Kingdom that he helped break. You will meet at City Hall mid morning. A CM will have a "story" about breaking an evil spell over the MK. You will have to do some silly things to have the good win. But, it was a lot of fun, especially for kids. By the way, my DS is usually quiet, but not for this tour. He was right up front the whole time.:D Whatever you choose, have a great time!!!!:wave2:

Sara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter