Top of the World question

LuigiSpice

Mouseketeer
I just bought in this week, but have a cash stay coming up in 2 weeks. Can I go up even if I'm not staying on points?

If so when should I head up to see the fireworks?

Hopefully you have a member ID when you plan to go since you will need to prove you are a DVC member.

I just bought in this week, but have a cash stay coming up in 2 weeks. Can I go up even if I'm not staying on points?

If so when should I head up to see the fireworks?

If you are headed there just to view fireworks thats fine. We usually arrive earlier to be able sit in lounge and have a drink, as well as a snack from their limited menu. On busy days it does eat quite busy, and service due to the rush can take some time. Viewing from inside the lounge depends on where you sit. You can always walk out to observation area and wait staff will hold your table.

As long as you have your DVC member card, you can go up.
Agree getting there at least 30 minutes before. If you want to get a table there, you may need to be earlier.
When we were there, it was nice, they put reserved signes on all the tables that were being used while you went outside to watch the fireworks. Then could come back to your table after.

One more thing. You need to take Disney transportation to BLT to go up to the Lounge. Or else you park at the TTC. No parking at CR/BLT.

Gotcha. I'll be at MK that afternoon so we will just walk over.
Does anyone know how far the walk is from MK to BLT? From TOTWL it looks to be a fair distance.

OP, we went to TOTWL on 9.19.20. It was a Thursday night-and it was CROWDED. We arrived an hour or so before fire works and we could have gotten the last available table, but decided to sit at the bar. This was a good choice because the server that was on the tables was swamped. The bartender was swamped also, but he took our order and was very efficient. I got the strawberry lemonade with lime foam-with Tito's. This was very good -so good i got 2 more. We ubered from BCV to BLT cost with $3 tip was $9.38 and it took 10-12 minutes.

The ride down after the fireworks was a little slow since there were so many people. The view is FANTASTIC !! They pipe in the music and if you have a good camera, then you can take some great photos. I used my phone for the fireworks and it is okay, but definitely does not do it justice. The view of space mountain, the castle, and the monorail were wonderful and we will definitely go back. (We just became members in May and this was our first "official" DVC owner trip.

Also, the DVC lounge is EPCOT is a great spot to recharge. literally-charge your phone and have a coke product, tea, or coffee. They have snack about every hour until 5 pm. cheez its, chips and gummies are some i saw on our visit. There are a couple of video games, ipads, and a few desk top computers. If you are in the area, it is worth a visit. I personally think that they should have a DVC lounge area at every park. That could be a good selling point for them.

One more thing. You need to take Disney transportation to BLT to go up to the Lounge. Or else you park at the TTC. No parking at CR/BLT.

or Uber/Lyft

our driver actually brought us to the CR but we had requested BLT TOTWL specifically from the ap (Uber) - we just walked over to BLT from CR-took less than a minute.

Does anyone know how far the walk is from MK to BLT? From TOTWL it looks to be a fair distance.

OP, we went to TOTWL on 9.19.20. It was a Thursday night-and it was CROWDED. We arrived an hour or so before fire works and we could have gotten the last available table, but decided to sit at the bar. This was a good choice because the server that was on the tables was swamped. The bartender was swamped also, but he took our order and was very efficient. I got the strawberry lemonade with lime foam-with Tito's. This was very good -so good i got 2 more. We ubered from BCV to BLT cost with $3 tip was $9.38 and it took 10-12 minutes.

The ride down after the fireworks was a little slow since there were so many people. The view is FANTASTIC !! They pipe in the music and if you have a good camera, then you can take some great photos. I used my phone for the fireworks and it is okay, but definitely does not do it justice. The view of space mountain, the castle, and the monorail were wonderful and we will definitely go back. (We just became members in May and this was our first "official" DVC owner trip.

Also, the DVC lounge is EPCOT is a great spot to recharge. literally-charge your phone and have a coke product, tea, or coffee. They have snack about every hour until 5 pm. cheez its, chips and gummies are some i saw on our visit. There are a couple of video games, ipads, and a few desk top computers. If you are in the area, it is worth a visit. I personally think that they should have a DVC lounge area at every park. That could be a good selling point for them.
The walk is about 15 minutes if you walk slowly or get stuck at the light.

As for the Epcot lounge, it might disappear with the renovations. It's on a year by year basis. And it is costing Disney Marketing if I remember correctly. If they put them in every park, it would probably come out of our fees.

The walk is about 15 minutes if you walk slowly or get stuck at the light.

As for the Epcot lounge, it might disappear with the renovations. It's on a year by year basis. And it is costing Disney Marketing if I remember correctly. If they put them in every park, it would probably come out of our fees.

Please take this as a new member that only has 100 direct points (waiting for that perfect resale contract to pop up) but I would be willing to have my dues increase 2-4 percent for a lounge at every park. I mean the value is there-for us and them. AND as long as it is funded by the members then Disney only really loses the "real estate" but in the big picture, Disney as a whole would win with sales and park attendance/revenue. They can afford to give APH, DVC and Disney card holders discounts on dining and merchandise so why not let DVD have that small space in the parks for members and their guests?

They could even put it on top of an existing location. I mean those muppet locations could have something built on top of them. But, I am thinking higher like 4 stories up so that the view is great. or if they would put it lower where people walk by and look in and wonder why all the people are there - resting in A/C, having snacks and enjoying a coke beverage. I think that the perk would entice people. Now, in the parks it would need to be AWAY from Fireworks viewing because if not then it would be so crowded during the fireworks.

Disney has prime space in every park- but they need to go up instead of out. Then they could put the DVC kiosks right outside the member's lounge for the tours :) Now that would probably create a lot of impulse buying of DVC !

Like i said, new member and a measly 100 points at this time. So, I have visions of grandeaur. (Oh, and they could stop giving the string backpacks on the tour and the big back packs at the time of purchase-I won't ever use them and I am sure many don't)

They cannot charge member dues for something in a park. Direct, resort costs only including transport to and from the park. Otherwise charging members for things unconnected to their resort could result in significant abuse by any timeshare operator.

Please take this as a new member that only has 100 direct points (waiting for that perfect resale contract to pop up) but I would be willing to have my dues increase 2-4 percent for a lounge at every park. I mean the value is there-for us and them. AND as long as it is funded by the members then Disney only really loses the "real estate" but in the big picture, Disney as a whole would win with sales and park attendance/revenue. They can afford to give APH, DVC and Disney card holders discounts on dining and merchandise so why not let DVD have that small space in the parks for members and their guests?

They could even put it on top of an existing location. I mean those muppet locations could have something built on top of them. But, I am thinking higher like 4 stories up so that the view is great. or if they would put it lower where people walk by and look in and wonder why all the people are there - resting in A/C, having snacks and enjoying a coke beverage. I think that the perk would entice people. Now, in the parks it would need to be AWAY from Fireworks viewing because if not then it would be so crowded during the fireworks.

Disney has prime space in every park- but they need to go up instead of out. Then they could put the DVC kiosks right outside the member's lounge for the tours :) Now that would probably create a lot of impulse buying of DVC !

Like i said, new member and a measly 100 points at this time. So, I have visions of grandeaur. (Oh, and they could stop giving the string backpacks on the tour and the big back packs at the time of purchase-I won't ever use them and I am sure many don't)

they already do have an exclusive club in every park now. Just pony up another $30,000 buy-in and you're in!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!