Top of the world lounge at BLT

kateandy08096

DIS Veteran
Hello all.
My husband and I would like to see fireworks from the TWL at BLT end of August but staying at the Polynesian. Will there be an issue being let up at BLT? Thanks all.

As long as you are a DVC Member and staying at a Disney Resort, it should be an issue. Make sure you have your membership card as they might ask to see it. There are 4 nights (7/3, 7/4, 12/30 & 12/31) that are only open to members staying at BLT, but those nights are not during your stay.

No problem, just check in, bring your magic band. The only problem would be if you want to drive over, they will not let you in, just take the monrail or a boat.

Don't they fill up at the Top of the World? I have never been there for fireworks, but I have been at California Grill several times and was surprised they weren't just packed. How good are the chances of getting up at Top of the World? I've heard they won't let you up if it is full.

And yes, you are SUPPOSED to have your DVC Membership Card, as well as a Picture ID! And then you can take up to 4 non-DVC guests. Or something like that.

Don't they fill up at the Top of the World? I have never been there for fireworks, but I have been at California Grill several times and was surprised they weren't just packed. How good are the chances of getting up at Top of the World? I've heard they won't let you up if it is full.

And yes, you are SUPPOSED to have your DVC Membership Card, as well as a Picture ID! And then you can take up to 4 non-DVC guests. Or something like that.
No, you can take any guests staying with you on your reservation. If you are staying in a GV, you can bring those ten guests with you. If you are staying in an OKW studio, you can bring the two guests staying with you. You aren't supposed to bring guests up who are not on your reservation. And you cannot park at BLT if you aren't staying there. You must take Disney transportation. As long as you are staying at any Disney resort at WDW (and that includes VB), you are permitted to go up to the TOTWL. But there are a few nights of the year when you must be a BLT guests to go up (usually NYE, NYEE, July 3 and 4).

Capacity including the outside deck is 499. I cant say I’ve ever read it being at capacity.

No, you can take any guests staying with you on your reservation. If you are staying in a GV, you can bring those ten guests with you. If you are staying in an OKW studio, you can bring the two guests staying with you. You aren't supposed to bring guests up who are not on your reservation. And you cannot park at BLT if you aren't staying there. You must take Disney transportation. As long as you are staying at any Disney resort at WDW (and that includes VB), you are permitted to go up to the TOTWL. But there are a few nights of the year when you must be a BLT guests to go up (usually NYE, NYEE, July 3 and 4).

Capacity including the outside deck is 499. I cant say I’ve ever read it being at capacity.

Thank you. That helps with plans

The only dates that BLT's Top of the World Lounge is restricted to members staying at BLT is for the 7/3 and 7/4 and New Year's 12/30 and 12/31. Other than that any member staying on their rmembership at WDW either with points or renting a DVC room through member services are edible to use TOTWL when it is open. It can be closed for other events if DVD decides to. To date a closure hasn't happened though.

Thank you all. Why wouldn't I be able to park there IF we wanted to since we will more likely be drinking and eating there. I always have my membership card with me. It's always directly next to my Driver's licence in my wallet since I go so often I never leave home without it :)

That's the rule, not parking. Too many use the "i'm dinning...blah, blah... to park then go to the parks. So they just don't allow it. You can valet if it's really worth $33 to you.

Thank you all. Why wouldn't I be able to park there IF we wanted to since we will more likely be drinking and eating there. I always have my membership card with me. It's always directly next to my Driver's licence in my wallet since I go so often I never leave home without it :)
Most of the MK Resorts have limited parking. If you don't have a room or dining reservation at CR/BLT, the guard may tell you to park elsewhere. If it's a slow time, they may allow you to park. Keep in mind that DVC access rules for the TOTWL state no parking at CR/BLT just for TOTWL access.

The only dates that BLT's Top of the World Lounge is restricted to members staying at BLT is for the 7/3 and 7/4 and New Year's 12/30 and 12/31. Other than that any member staying on their rmembership at WDW either with points or renting a DVC room through member services are edible to use TOTWL when it is open. It can be closed for other events if DVD decides to. To date a closure hasn't happened though.

The current policy for eligible guests to use TOTWL...
Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2018.

That's really odd because in April Ive parked at Polynesian when staying at OKW to dine and then in May did the same thing. I also park at the resorts when Im going to their shops on my Dooney hunt. Im definitely NOT paying to park especially when I pay too much in dues for my 2 contracts as it is.

That's the rule, not parking. Too many use the "i'm dinning...blah, blah... to park then go to the parks. So they just don't allow it. You can valet if it's really worth $33 to you.
We were there for the 4th of July weekend, where we met up with relatives who had driven up from Miami. We took a Minnie Van from French Quarter to BLT, and they drove their car from the hotel to BLT, where we all had dinner at California Grill. Then we rode back to French Quarter with them.

The point is, none of us were staying at BLT, and they parked without any problem at all. So, I'm not sure if it was just good luck, or does Disney not always enforce this?

Another question, has anyone tried the food at Top of the World?

I assume you did not go to the lounge as that is a black out date for all DVC members that are not staying at BLT.

The rule for TOTW is quite specific. Valet only. No free parking.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/destinations/list/florida/bay-lake-tower-at-contemporary/

"Parking is only available to those staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation."

That's really odd because in April Ive parked at Polynesian when staying at OKW to dine and then in May did the same thing. I also park at the resorts when Im going to their shops on my Dooney hunt. Im definitely NOT paying to park especially when I pay too much in dues for my 2 contracts as it is.
We were there for the 4th of July weekend, where we met up with relatives who had driven up from Miami. We took a Minnie Van from French Quarter to BLT, and they drove their car from the hotel to BLT, where we all had dinner at California Grill. Then we rode back to French Quarter with them.

The point is, none of us were staying at BLT, and they parked without any problem at all. So, I'm not sure if it was just good luck, or does Disney not always enforce this?

Except in extreme conditions, you can park for free at a resort where you have a dining reservation. Time is limited to the duration of your time at the resort. The TOTWL rules specifically prohibit parking for lounge access. That’s completely different than parking for a dining reservation.

If you have dinner ADR at California Grill, you can park there. I have done that, they definitely checked for my ADR. I often eat at the Wave, we enjoy that, and again, we can park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter