Top of the World - Bay Lake Tower

How early do you think one has to check in on Halloween night? I'm going to the evening DVC Halloween party, but would love to then mosey on over to BLT to see the fireworks!

How early do you think one has to check in on Halloween night? I'm going to the evening DVC Halloween party, but would love to then mosey on over to BLT to see the fireworks!
Maybe an hour ahead of time for Halloween.

If you don’t expect to be inside the lounge long enough to sit, I think even a half hour would be OK.

If you're borrowing points to stay at BLT you can get up there; I know, we did it before. But I can I bring someone up who isn't staying with us?

If you're borrowing points to stay at BLT you can get up there; I know, we did it before. But I can I bring someone up who isn't staying with us?
Actually, no. They must be on your reservation. You are a member, right?

What do you mean by borrowing points? Are you a member and borrowed the points from your next years of points?

Actually, no. They must be on your reservation. You are a member, right?

This got me thinking... I'm staying at the Poly in a month since I own there. My room has my wife, my kid, and me on the reservation. I got my parents a second room using my points and they are not members. The room only lists the 2 of them. Would I have any issues taking my parents up to TOTW since they are on a separate reservation and aren't members? If yes, any "tricks" I can do to finagle it so they won't have any issues? Just want to show them around...

This got me thinking... I'm staying at the Poly in a month since I own there. My room has my wife, my kid, and me on the reservation. I got my parents a second room using my points and they are not members. The room only lists the 2 of them. Would I have any issues taking my parents up to TOTW since they are on a separate reservation and aren't members? If yes, any "tricks" I can do to finagle it so they won't have any issues? Just want to show them around...

I would think they would be allowed but others know best. I would put your wifes name on your parents ressie and she just sleeps in your room. That should work.

I have not had an issue bringing guests up with me when we vacationed together with rooms booked on my points. I simply showed my blue card and that was all they asked to see. So, I do not think you will have a problem since you are vacationing together.

You didn't borrow points. You rented points. If you are not a member, you cannot go up to the TOTWL. It's a member perk, not a renter perk.

Technically, they must be on the member's reservation, not a separate reservation. But you might be able to go up to the lounge with them if they aren't too busy. If the lounge is getting full, you might be denied.

You didn't borrow points. You rented points. If you are not a member, you cannot go up to the TOTWL. It's a member perk, not a renter perk.
Since when? I rented points 3 years ago and went up multiple times, all they cared is that you had a room key. Ah well, glad I got a park view then.

Last edited:
Since when? I rented points 3 years ago and went up multiple times, all they cared is that you had a room key. Ah well, glad I got a park view then.

It is intended to be for members and their guests only, not for renters. CMs are supposed to ask you to present your DVC card to confirm a member is present.

From the DVC website:

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park.

Check in
Upon arrival, Members must check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the ground floor lobby.
At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership

So as long as you have a reservation on property ( boardwalk for us) we will be able to access ?
Yes, it can even be a cash reservation through Disney Reservation Center. Any guests staying on the same reservation as you are entitled to join you.

I was just there on Saturday and was going to meet up with friends who were staying at BLT but were running a bit late. My wife and I (both members) decided to head up to the lounge and wait for them, but we were not allowed to because we were not staying on property. The young lady scanned my band and asked me to enter my pin to prove that we were staying on property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!