Top 10 Signs You Are Addicted to Disney aka You Know You Need Help When...

I have found people like me.
I can't stop calling WDW. My husband says I just make up reasons to call them. I have a problem of making dining reservations and just switching, cancelling, etc. just an excuse to "book" something for Disney. lol.

I have a Disney shrine. As in worship. Souvenirs from previous trips and various Mickey Mail. I always knew I'd be a hoarder. :)

Katie

I'm just thankful that I can be a Disney Store CM. That way I can be obsessive about other guest trips. My other CM's have to get on to me and make me stop and see the other guest in the store.
I get on everyday to the DIS boards just to see what everyone else is doing.
I love knowing that a true friend understands what a fastpass and a Dole whip is. Or go on the DFB and see what awesome Disney food they are talking about so I can drool and dream about my next trip and what food to try or get again.
I have all of my Disney things in my walk in closet and I'm counting the days for my oldest DD 19 to move out so I my have a Disney room. ( I know I'm a bad mom)
Looking forward to staying POR for the first time in May.:cool1:
Love knowing that Disney geeks, nerds, fans and all Disney crazed I'm not alone.:lmao:

It warms my heart to see this thread still going......:love:

Ok, about a month until my trip, and these are the signs I am seeing in myself that remind me that I am addicted to Disney, and know I need help:

In my basement, I have boxes which are marked as to the year of our trip. They go all the way back to 1997, and contain all the documents and paperwork, etc. from each trip. Yes, I keep the documents they send prior to your trip, boarding passes (I recently stopped keeping those), all the paperwork and folders they give you when you check in like maps etc., receipts. I used to even keep the merchandise bags from shopping in the stores (I stopped doing that as well-part of my 12 step program :rotfl:). Now tell me, do I need help or do I need help???

I am all over the disboards everyday, trying to keep up with the latest info. I even called Disney today to see what the status was for the magic bands and if there was a chance everything would be in full effect for our trip. I was told they were still testing, and there is no definitive date for full implementation. If they are done early, I guess there is a possibility we might get them at check in, but I'm not counting on it.

We are to the point that everyday, dd10 asks me what the plan is for each day, and we go over which park we are going to each day, what restaurants we are eating at, etc. She wants to start packing already! I'm nitpicking and going over the details with a fine tooth comb to make sure it all goes smoothly.

The date we are leaving, as well as the resort we are staying at is a surprise for dd10. I have to be very careful how I word things, so as not to give anything away. We have stayed at Poly for four years in a row, with the exception of last year. It simply wasn't in the budget. This year we are back. It's dd10's absolute favorite resort (mine too) so she will be over the moon when we arrive there (ok, me too). Really, I want to live there.

Keep it going my people!!!:worship:

I have found people like me.
I can't stop calling WDW. My husband says I just make up reasons to call them. I have a problem of making dining reservations and just switching, cancelling, etc. just an excuse to "book" something for Disney. lol.

This made me giggle. When I find myself missing House of Mouse, I like to call the WDW line just to hear the Tinkerbell sound and the woman who says" Thank you for calling....." It gives me a little thrill and I can go about my day or even a couple of days. My children think I am nuts, but whatever....I know I'm not and it makes me smile.:wizard:

I'm truly sick and in need of medical attention.

#???: you get a phone call that your husband near drowned after his boat capsized and was rescued out of the frigid winter waters in New England lucky to be alove. On your way to the hospital to see him you utter the words "I hope this doesn't interfere with my upcoming trip to Disney". What a horrid woman I am!!!! :scared1: It wouldn't have been so bad if I just kept the thoughts in my head, but I said it OUT LOUD to my DD7.

I just laughed out loud for like five minutes straight!!!:rotfl2::lmao:

@momtobrynncess

What an awesome thread you've started. All of us freaks have a place to relate and bond...or just blissfully browse!

We were at the Poly for the first time last month for a week-long stay and I can't wait to go back. We walked over to the GF on a couple of occasions and fell in love with *it* as well. The dilemma we will face next time will be over whether we return to the Poly or stay at the GF.

@momtobrynncess

What an awesome thread you've started. All of us freaks have a place to relate and bond...or just blissfully browse!

We were at the Poly for the first time last month for a week-long stay and I can't wait to go back. We walked over to the GF on a couple of occasions and fell in love with *it* as well. The dilemma we will face next time will be over whether we return to the Poly or stay at the GF.

Thank you!!! We frequently go over to the Fitness Center at GF, but I don't know if the construction is done yet or if the path has been detoured. Can you offer any info there since you were just there?

We have stayed at GF twice, and to be honest, it doesn't compare (IMO) to Poly. What we like about Poly is the relaxed atmosphere, which I don't find at GF. It's more "elegant". Certainly not shabby by any stretch of the imagination, just not my taste I guess.

It's funny, I find I spend most of my time on the Disboards as my trip gets closer, then I tend to stay away after I get back. Probably because it would make me sad to read about all the folks who are now getting ready to go on their trips, and I know I will have to wait another year before I get to go again.

I'm glad there are folks like me out there. I knew there were, but I had to make sure.

Reason #5234: I just upgraded my Disney Chase Visa to the premium or preferred or whatever they call it, so I can get more points to convert to spending money at Disney!!!

@momtobrynncess

Well, we walked a path to the GF that basically went along the edge of the lagoon and passed the wedding chapel. There was construction on that new DVC wing but we never attempted to find the gym. We just walked wherever it took us so I don't know if anything that was usually accessable in the past was obstructed or not. We were amazed that the GF would cost just $300 more for a week stay than the Poly.

Okay so we bought a condo in FL a few months ago. My DH is working there commuting back and forth.
I know I am obsessed b/c it's like the best thing that has ever happened. :) Even though my DH is gone 3 days every week ( sometimes more) it's so totally worth it to be able to go so often. We were a once a year family since 2005.
now we have gone twice as a family this year so far. Once just me and DH. and we will be there 3 more times. I'm leaving again in 17 days. I can't wait!!! You would never know i just got home from being there a month.
So yes I am addicted to Disney!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

@momtobrynncess

Well, we walked a path to the GF that basically went along the edge of the lagoon and passed the wedding chapel. There was construction on that new DVC wing but we never attempted to find the gym. We just walked wherever it took us so I don't know if anything that was usually accessable in the past was obstructed or not. We were amazed that the GF would cost just $300 more for a week stay than the Poly.

I'm ok with visiting, like for a meal or just walking around the property, it's just not me, and definitely not me for an extra $300. ;)

Okay so we bought a condo in FL a few months ago. My DH is working there commuting back and forth.
I know I am obsessed b/c it's like the best thing that has ever happened. :) Even though my DH is gone 3 days every week ( sometimes more) it's so totally worth it to be able to go so often. We were a once a year family since 2005.
now we have gone twice as a family this year so far. Once just me and DH. and we will be there 3 more times. I'm leaving again in 17 days. I can't wait!!! You would never know i just got home from being there a month.
So yes I am addicted to Disney!!

That's so awesome!! Are you using it for a rental property? Like with the ability to rent it out when you're not using it? I just watched an episode of House Hunters on HGTV and the couple in the episode did that. They bought a really HUGE property (like 9 bedrooms each with it's own bathroom) a resort like pool and media room. It cost a million dollars I think. But they get over $2000 a week for it, because it's big and meant for multiple families to rent together.

Anyway, anything that affords us the opportunity to be at the World more often sounds good to me. How fantastic for you!! :cheer2:

That's so awesome!! Are you using it for a rental property? Like with the ability to rent it out when you're not using it? I just watched an episode of House Hunters on HGTV and the couple in the episode did that. They bought a really HUGE property (like 9 bedrooms each with it's own bathroom) a resort like pool and media room. It cost a million dollars I think. But they get over $2000 a week for it, because it's big and meant for multiple families to rent together.

Anyway, anything that affords us the opportunity to be at the World more often sounds good to me. How fantastic for you!! :cheer2:

Thanks!! It is exciting. :)

We have thought about renting it out to family and friends, but it's hard right now b/c DH is usually there every week.

#17. Even though your on a diet, the only temptation you'll stand for are Disney restaurant reviews. You constantly read these to get that fuzzy feel for the atmosphere and food.:coffee:

#18. Prior to your trip, you only participate in Disney related recreation in order to build anticipation(and to shop for those last minute vacation needs aahemm...wants).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter