ToonTown

Rivergallery

I love Fast passes.. always have and always will..
I plan to do Toon Town Morning Madness on Tues the 20th of Dec... We will not use our FL EE that day.
What is the fastest way to Toontown from the maingate?
How long is the Toon Town Morning Madness Celebration? When can you ride the rides? Do you have to wait till the normal opening time?
Thanks

Well, there are only 2 ways to get there from the main gate. You can take the train which stops right outside of Toon Town. The negative to that is you might have to wait for the train and it does make one stop in between. It could be a long wait. If you walk, I would head straight for the castle and head to the right. Don't go into Tomorrowland, but go on the path to the right of the castle. You will end up near the Matterhorn and the tea cups. head on back towards A Small World and Toon Town is on the left of IASW. I think that's right. I was just there and that's the best way I can think. Hope it is some help.

Thanks
What about the celebration itself....... how long is it? Can you ride rides in toontown while it is happening?

I didn't actually go to the celebration as I don't have kids. Hopefully someone else can help you out. Sorry

Do a search and you'll find a good thread with detailed info from DarkBeer... :)

The one I saw he wrote said he didn't think the rides were open during the ceremony, but others I read said that they were :S

Hey, did you get your ebay tickets?!?

Anyway, yes the rides are open, at least they were when we were there in early November. Gadget's Go Coatser was open and we went twice in a row. Roger Rabbit's wasn't open first thing, but before MM was over it was open and we rode it then. Mickey and Minnie aren't in their houses as they are out in Towntown doing photo ops and the mayoral ceremony but you can do the walk-through of their houses. We didn't go into any of the other activities, but nothing looked closed to me.

Have fun!!

This is from BradK on another site I visit:

"As you may know, Toontown normally opens an hour after the rest of the park. On the same days as EE (but this event is exclusive of EE, even though the two can be done on the same day), those with passes to Mickey's Toontown Madness get to enter Toontown an hour before it's open to the public.

While the entire land is open and attractions are running, the highlights are that Mickey is immediately available for photo-ops. Around 20 after the hour, there's a parade in which all the citizens of Toontown march down the street and then hold a meeting at City Hall where they first make some family honorary citizens of Toontown (sort of like how Disneyland selects a family to open the park) and give them some sort of rolled up document which I assume states as much. Then all the guests are announced as being honorary citizens of toontown for the day and are given buttons (i will be posting a photo of the button on my pictures site within the next couple of days).

After the ceremony, all the fab five are available for photo ops as well. And the big pay off is that there's so relatively few people in the area. Whereas Mickey and Minnie's house typically have a queue time approaching 30 minutes each and Gadget's Go Coaster's line gets ridiculously long, everything is pretty much a walk-on and you can knock out the entire area within 40 minutes including the ceremony.

oh, and here's my tip for getting through the ceremony:

there are tables and chairs all around city hall, so you'll find people finding a spot shortly before the ceremony begins. don't follow their lead - sitting at disneyland is for wimps.

the parade comes down along the street and all those people facing city hall are going to miss it, unless they turn around, and even then, they're pretty far from it all.

there's a gazebo in front of city hall (right in the middle too) which (at least in my case) remains near empty and is open on both the sides of city hall and the street where the parade comes down. stake out a spot on the gazebo and when the parade starts, run down to watch it and get close, then go back to the gazebo to watch the ceremony. you have to stand, but the ceremony is only ~15 minutes anyway.

in my photo album, the parade photos were taken in the street and the ceremony photos were taken from the gazebo."

By the way, if you see a family of six, hispanic dad, caucasian mom, three daughters & a son, good chance it's us. We will be there same days as you... :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter