Took the first step! Direct purchase question

luvthatdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi guys,

We just took the first step and made a downpayment on 110 SSR points with a August UY - purchased direct from Disney. Wanted to take advantage of the AP discounts currently offered (I know they could go away at any time...). Plus be grandfathered in for any changes that might come in the future. We do plan on buying more points resale and were glad to get the UY we wanted with 2018 points. Our plans are to go Sept/Oct normally and possibly a Nov/Dec trip in future years. I am actually excited to try SSR.

I do have a question for those of you that purchased Direct as a new buyer...how soon were you able to get to the site and see your points. We cannot book our 2019 trip until November, but I still just want to see them. Our guide said to call him one day next week for the code, but not real sure what day I should call him back. We have not signed the paperwork yet (said we should get it by next Wednesday), but with living in NC and the now TS Florence on us, I am not real sure about that.

So excited...have a few stormy days to watch tons of videos and read up on all of the changes at WDW since our last visit several years ago!

Since you bought direct the points should be there shortly after they make your account. We bought resale initially then a small direct purchase. The points were in our account either that day or the next. Congrats SSR is a nice resort with beautiful landscaping. It is also the largest in terms of rooms for DVC at WDW. They will be starting a refurbishment of SSR late 2019 after they finish OKW.

Since you bought direct the points should be there shortly after they make your account. We bought resale initially then a small direct purchase. The points were in our account either that day or the next. Congrats SSR is a nice resort with beautiful landscaping. It is also the largest in terms of rooms for DVC at WDW. They will be starting a refurbishment of SSR late 2019 after they finish OKW.
Thank you! We have stayed at numerous WDW resorts over the years and I am looking forward to trying SSR. We are looking at yearly trips and working the dates to get the most out of our AP's. I see a lot of people like OKW as well. Will probably try that as well.

Congratulations! If I remember correctly, there was information about creating an account mailed with the contract. Once I logged in, I could see my membership number, available points, UY, etc. I never had to call my guide for a number or access code. It was all with the paperwork. Stay safe in the storm!

I bought 100 points as new direct owner at OKW this June. Bought on a Sunday, got email late Monday, called and by Tuesday was able to log on and see account. Booked January trip and when room I wanted was not available they were able to make it available under a welcome home visit. On Thursday I made an offer that ended up accepted for a resale contract that popped up for BLT. It was a busy week!

We received the website activation code today. Just need our member number to access the site. I will call our guide tomorrow to see if he can get it or see if I need to call someone else. So excited to get started!!!

We received the website activation code today. Just need our member number to access the site. I will call our guide tomorrow to see if he can get it or see if I need to call someone else. So excited to get started!!!

Quality assurance would probably help you with that today should you wish. Or ypur guide. It would have been one of the first things DVC created.

If you have your activation code, you should get a letter shortly with your membership number. If not, call member administration and they should be able to get your membership number. Especially if you tell you pruchased direct and not resale.

If you have your activation code, you should get a letter shortly with your membership number. If not, call member administration and they should be able to get your membership number. Especially if you tell you pruchased direct and not resale.
Thank you! Just got an email from FedEx stating a packing from Orlando, Fl will be delivered today!!! So excited to get started planning..even though we are not going until this time next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!