Took our first trip ever to WDW and became new DVC members!

mello

DIS Veteran
We had such a great time, we decided we just have to go back. So toward the end of our trip we took a tour at SSR. After staying in a moderate (which was very nice, btw), the SSR accommodations looked so huge, and so inviting! While we toured, they watched our kids, and afterwards fed us ice cream - it was actually fun, with no sales pressure. DH was in vacation mode, which means he says yes to just about anything lol, so we bought 160 points! We're so excited! I already called and banked our 2005 pts, and our first trip "Home" will likely be Jan or Feb of 2007. Which month do you all recommend? And how do I get SSR in my signature?

Either January or February are nice quiet times at WDW as long as you avoid the Presidents weekend. Weather will be iffy sometimes, but always warmer than Minnesota, so we don't mind that!

Congratulations and Welcome Home :)

Any time of year is Disney time of year!!

But we actually prefer less crowded times of year -- January, May, October, early December. Avoid the major holidays unless you really like crowds.

Welcome Home! I took the same tour, ice cream and all, and we were hooked :) Taking our first trip home 2/26-3/4! There is a link somewhere on the boards to the signature page... maybe do a search? I agree about the tour too-we were Moderate resort people until we did the SSR tour. :cheer2:

Welcome Home, Neighbor and Congratulations!
I was a moderate person before DVC also, love them all and stayed in each one of them at least once, but after just 1 trip ''home'' I am spoiled.
Enjoy SSR, I know I do!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!

I would pick January because it's closer! We're going in January for our first time, MLKjr. weekend.

Bobbi :flower:

Your trip reminds me of our first trip. We went, took the tour at OKW, bought 175, banked them and then took a humdinger trip the next year (about 13 months later). Then we added on four more time and we're up to 500 points.

Welcome Home! I hope you and your family have years of memorable vacations.

mello said:
We had such a great time, we decided we just have to go back. So toward the end of our trip we took a tour at SSR. After staying in a moderate (which was very nice, btw), the SSR accommodations looked so huge, and so inviting! While we toured, they watched our kids, and afterwards fed us ice cream - it was actually fun, with no sales pressure. DH was in vacation mode, which means he says yes to just about anything lol, so we bought 160 points! We're so excited! I already called and banked our 2005 pts, and our first trip "Home" will likely be Jan or Feb of 2007. Which month do you all recommend? And how do I get SSR in my signature?

Hi Melinda,

Congratulations and Welcome Home

Wow, that just happened to us. We went to Disney World for the first time ever in August, took the DVC tour and bought in. We were hooked when they showed us the grand villa.

I have a feeling that you might be going back way before 2007. We were planning on our first trip home to be August 2006. But, these boards put ideas in your head and the next thing I know.... we are booked for 3 nights next month.

It is just so exciting. 49 years and counting. Welcome home. That smile will never leave your face now.

Susan

Welcome home!! I knew I wanted to get into DVC, it was getting hubby to want it that was the trick. I scheduled the tour on our last trip and hubby said go for it. So here we are a week later, waiting for our documents and we too are proud new DVC members at SSR. We take our first trip home in 6 weeks and one day!

for bumping up that thread. It was surprisingly easy to do (I think - we'll see if it worked!) So now it's really official. Thank you all for welcoming us... you've made us feel like we "belong"! :goodvibes

dianeschlicht said:
Either January or February are nice quiet times at WDW as long as you avoid the Presidents weekend. Weather will be iffy sometimes, but always warmer than Minnesota, so we don't mind that!

Yeah, warmer than Washington State too... we have temps in the 20's and 30's that time of year, so if it's even 65, that would qualify as shorts weather for us lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter