Too tall for rides? Help me put my mind at ease

I'm 6' 5" and getting in and out of a few rides was a squeeze, but doable. I really like space at DL, but will never ride it again at MK. This is because my shins took a dramatic beating in the ride vehicle. I hated in and couldn't wait to get off and get some pain meds and sit for a bit. I had bruises for days.

Thanks for the thread! Going in May with my fiancé and he is 6'7". Reading these and seeing people's experiences, he's willing to try some we might've otherwise skipped.

My friend, who is 7 foot even, tried to get out of riding space mountain but the CM told him "Shaq rode it last week so you will be Ok". He was.

6’6” son w/long torso can ride everything, though he doesn’t like Space Mountain because it “feels” like he’s going to hit his head.
I think there's just something about that ride, and the darkness, that makes you feel like you're going to hit your head. I'm 5 feet even and feel like I'm going to hit my head. Even though I know there is absolutely no way that's going to happen I still find myself ducking my head a couple of times per ride.

Thank you everyone for the replies! I have shown them to him and he feels a bit better. I keep telling him that a CM would definitely tell him if it was unsafe for him to ride and that WDW and theme parks in general design rides with a built safety headroom gap in case people do dumb things like try stand or stick their arms out when you have been told to keep them inside the ride.

I will keep working on him with the aim of trying everything and being able to chicken out at loading or only ride the one time.
I need to get him excited in order to make this trip work for him (and us)!

Thanks again :)

I assume there is a height limit for Space Mountain though?

I remember reading a trip report of a family and the man was actually too tall to ride Space Mountain. I wonder what the height cut off is.

I assume there is a height limit for Space Mountain though?

I remember reading a trip report of a family and the man was actually too tall to ride Space Mountain. I wonder what the height cut off is.
There isn't an official max height for Space Mountain listed on WDW's website. The CMs may have more personalized information when in doubt of a guest's height and max height allowed.

No problems. My DH is the same height. He doesn't like Space Mountain since he FEELS like he is going to hit his head. He has yet to do so, though ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!