Too much clutter!

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
How do you all keep your sink area free of clutter? Unfortunately due to allergies I can't use any of the soaps and things provided by the resorts, I have to bring all of my own. Toothpaste, face wash, lotion, band-aids, sunblock, hair brushes, makeup, the list goes on and on. It ends up being a lot of stuff! How do you go about keeping the sink and bathroom neat and organized?

I have an open tote that has a large inside space and several pockets surrounding it on the outside. It works well for me. I move it to the top of my upright suitcase that has been stowed in the closet. I cannto stand clutter

We hang this toiletry bag next to the sink and bring a toothbrush holder.

Attachments

• IMG_0960.JPG
    IMG_0960.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 24
How do you all keep your sink area free of clutter? Unfortunately due to allergies I can't use any of the soaps and things provided by the resorts, I have to bring all of my own. Toothpaste, face wash, lotion, band-aids, sunblock, hair brushes, makeup, the list goes on and on. It ends up being a lot of stuff! How do you go about keeping the sink and bathroom neat and organized?

I use an over the door shoe organizer
81Q3r9cVKEL._SL1500_.jpg .

It's great to put the sunscreen, hair brushes, etc, etc in and still keep it handy to the sink area! It's really cuts back on the clutter!

I get foldable bins from Dollar Tree in different sizes and use them for different things. I put 1 or 2 at the sink area and then I use one to keep electronic cords and one for snacks. I get different sizes based on what I need to put in them. On my most recent trip, I used 1 longish bin that I put between the two sinks at POFQ for my sister and I to share.

I also get the pop up hampers from Dollar Tree and use those to keep dirty clothes until I am ready to pack them back up.

Bonus of this is that they all fold flat to tuck into the outside pockets if needed. Plus, if for some reason I do not have the room to take them home, I do not feel too bad about having to leave them behind.

https://www.dollartree.com/bulk/Collapsible-Storage-Containers

The dollar store near me has smaller over the door shoe hangers so I grabbed a couple of those for this purpose and won't feel bad if I have to leave them behind

Only take as much product as you need for the length of trip. It's all more manageable in travel sizes.

Oh yeah, I already pack with travel sized bottles. But as my next trip is 9 nights I'm going to need double of everything, More clutter!

I will definitely check out the dollar store for some over the door hangers, and maybe a few folding bins.

But as my next trip is 9 nights I'm going to need double of everything...

Unless you are packing carry on only, you might want to consider regular sized bottles, or just one size bigger than the travel size. I this means you do not have to carry double. I do this for either longer trips so I do not have as many smaller bottles to pack.

I use a mesh over- the-door shoe organizer for toiletries and extra park supplies. I keep my makeup in my makeup organizer bag. I always bring pump softsoap for use in the bathroom. I also bring collapsible cloth bins purchased from the dollar store for use in the bathroom and room--one is used by my daughter for pins, stickers, and other things she collects from the parks. I, too, have a dollar store pop-up hamper that I keep in the bathroom. I'd want to go home by the second day of my trip if our room was disorganized and cluttered.

We always use the ironing board for additional surface space. Also, we take our Lay-n-Go's we bought from QVC. They're like drawstring bags but better as you can open them up flat to see everything inside.

Oh yeah, I already pack with travel sized bottles. But as my next trip is 9 nights I'm going to need double of everything, More clutter!

I will definitely check out the dollar store for some over the door hangers, and maybe a few folding bins.

Seconding the suggestion to go full size (smaller end of full size) if you can check a bag, since it's fewer items. BUT, if you do end up bringing two of everything in travel size, just don't put it all out at once. If you have two little bottles of face wash, one can live in your bag until the other one runs out. Ditto first aid things like bandaids; I'd always just put a handful in my day bag and then put the rest away in my luggage until/unless I actually needed more.

When counter space is hard to come by, I just keep my toiletries in my toiletry bag and, if needed, I keep the toiletry bag in my suitcase or in a drawer when I'm not using it.

LL Bean has a nice bathroom case with a hanger hook so you can hang it on the hook on the back of the bathroom door. I bring mine on every vacation. Folds up and zippers nicelyLays flat in your suitcase. I am buying a second one for our trip in September. Mine has held up through a lot of wear and tear but it is 15 years old and I want a bigger one.

We use the Freedom Bag, not sure if they sell it anymore. It’s basically a toiletry bag. We keep a majority of our items in there unless we use it everyday, like toothbrush, paste, face soap. Things like nail clippers, scissors, lotion, or anything there “just in case” stays in the bag, hanging on the door.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter