Too many buffets?!?

maurihart

Mouseketeer
Our next trip to WDW is Jan 1- 6 (merry Christmas kids!!) and I'm trying to tweak our dinner plans....we generally prefer QS for our lunches in the park and TS for our dinners either at a park or a resort. My DH is pretty certain that he ONLY wants to do buffet meals - and while I see the pros to this, I get tired of them kind of quick. I'd love to hear any thoughts and suggestions on what we have now. And specifically, do you think Chef Mickey's will be back to "normal" by this time.....

We arrive at airport around 1:15 (short flight from Memphis). We are staying at YC. I have a 16yo son, 13yo daughter and 9yo son.

Monday Jan 1 - 7:55 Chef Mickey's
Tuesday Jan 2 - 7:00 1900 Park Fare
Wednesday Jan 3 - 5:40 Whispering Canyon (never done and have never been to WL)
Thursday Jan 4 - 7:00 Tusker House
Friday Jan 5 - 5:40 Biergarten

Of those we've only had Chef Mickeys before and I really want to drop it and so Boma instead or even something on the Boardwalk. Boma feels a little out of the way for arrival day though and I do like the idea of doing Epcot that afternoon and going to eat at Chef Mickey's before heading to MK for late night hours (I'm hoping they will have them).

Is it too many buffets?!? My kids can be pretty picky (hence my husband wanting the buffets) and they're really a lot quicker. I love eating at other resorts especially during crazy holiday times when the parks get too crowded. It's our "break" to get out and look at decorations and visit the other resort shops.

Thanks for your help!!! And we've done Ohana twice and we like it but just wanted something different this trip.

I'm not a huge fan of buffets so for me, yes it's too many. But if it works for your family I say go for it! TH and Biergarten are 2 that I actually enjoy.

We are not huge buffet people, but we do highly enjoy 1900 Park Fare and Boma if we are going to do buffets. Another option too is Disney is great about making to order items at table service restaurants. For example, at Kona, my daughter just wanted the chicken without all the sauces or exotic sides and they gladly made her a grilled chicken breast and let her get potatoes as her side.

We love buffets - especially with our kids - gives them a chance to try different items. The last time we had the dining plan we factored in a bunch of buffets, and towards the end of the trip we starting moving things around because it was just too much food!

Instead of Chef Mickey would you consider Wave? I had dismissed it as an option because it looked like a restaurant you could go to anywhere, but we swapped out Crystal Palace lunch for Wave dinner and we were so happy with our choice. It was one of the best meals we had all week, and they source in local veggies - so I had delicious veggie options beside broccoli (which seemed to be the veggie offered at most of the other restaurants).

Whispering Canyon is a keeper, IMO, if you've never been to the Wilderness Lodge it's definitely worth it. The food is good - if you like american bbq. We enjoy the skillet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter