Too many breakfasts???

Lisa3

DIS Veteran
I seem to be having a problem deciding on our character meals for our Dec. trip. I wasn't going to worry about Cindy's this time but DS (5) has announced that he wants to eat in the castle again. I would like to try either O'Hana's or Chef Mickey's on this trip. We will only be there for 6 days and we are already doing Donald's Breakfastasaurus and Hollywood & Vine (lunch). I think a big breakfast every morning is a bit much. We will be staying at the Poly so I really want to try the Tonga Toast at Kona Kafe also. If you had to choose between O'Hana's or Chef Mickey's which would you pick and why?

I agree that's a lot of breakfasts. If your son wants to eat in the castle, why not try lunch or dinner there one day?

As for picking either O'hana or Chef Mickey's, I personally like the food and atmosphere at O'hana much better. It's way more laid-back and there seems to be more personal interaction with the characters. Also, the food is some of the best at any of the character meals. Your son might prefer Chef Mickey's, though, since it is a little more exciting. There's more "action" at Chef Mickey's.

On the days when you do schedule a big breakfast, I definately wouldn't schedule a sit-down lunch. That would really be too much! In fact, what we like to do is have bite to eat in our room first thing in the morning (like a muffin or breakfast bar), schedule a late breakfast (around 10:30a.m. or so), and then skip lunch totally and have an early dinner around 5:30p.m. We find that a big breakfast is more than enough to keep us going until our early dinner. Then, we usualy have a snack in the late evening before we head back to our room - Mickey Ice Cream bars or something like that!

Sorry, forgot to mention that DD (7) wants to see Sleeping Beauty at the castle for breakfast - was going to schedule Epcot until DS put in his two cents. Other DS (9) just wants some place with "good food"! Wish there was a Toy Story breakfast for the boys!

This is happening to us for our December trip as well. Normally we do one character breakfast and then eat the rest in the room or food court. But since last trip DD is princess crazy. We are scheduled so far for Chef Mickey's dinner on our first night, the new princess breakfast the first full day we are there, and I'd like to try to get ressies for the CRT on my birthday, which is the next day (second full day). Maybe I wll try to switch that and just do any early lunch at CRT since we do have dinner ressies for my birthday.

This is the first trip we have made so many PS before we left! I guess I figure that we are not big breakfast eaters at home, so going a few times on vacation won't kill us.

I have some time to think about Cindy's, and the way I look at it, I'll take what ever day I can get!

We have never done O'hanas, but our family loves Chef Mickey's. We do one meal or the other every trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!