Too late to change hotel if using DME

But we have never nor will never give our luggage to MDE its just easier to take your own with you..they put it in the bus luggage compartments...get to your resort...get luggage. That way you have it NOW..not later.

I would think twice about giving your claim checks and have them get your luggage. There was a post on Facebook this week were someone’s luggage was lost this way. DME has no record of picking them up, SW had no record of where the luggage was. After 2 or 3 days, they marked it as stolen and she had to file a claim. Who knows where it went.

My last 2 or 3 trips I have picked up my luggage myself and took it to the bus. The last time I used the bag tags, it took over 7 hours for delivery. Maybe it missed the flight, who knows. My friend arrived on a different flight, her bag was delivered to the wrong room. On another trip, she was doing a split stay, her luggage was sent to her second resort, they didn’t find it for 2 days. I’d rather have it and know where it’s at.
We've done it lots. It's even in the ME instructions to do it if you don't have yellow tags or enough tags

DME does have record of picking them up. No idea why someone would say otherwise. Whoever said so on FB was mistaken.

Last edited:
I ALWAYS take my own luggage on the DME bus. We just always did that our self. If you did that..you could goto whatever resort you wanted. We always use DME, we just prefer to schlep our own bags.
No. Doesn't work that way. You get on the bus that you are assigned to. Even if you schelp your own bags

Exactly....once on the bus with your luggage. You can get off whatever resort you want or the driver will go there.
Not exactly. They place the bags under the bus based on the resort you are getting off at. So you can't just get off wherever. Not if you want the bags too. And the driver won't just go to whatever resort you want.

No. Doesn't work that way. You get on the bus that you are assigned to. Even if you schelp your own bags
Right. But we also have gone to a different resort due to a rider getting in wrong bus. As for luggage though. We always take t with us. I think busses going to a different resort than planned happens now and then. Folks change or whatever. I have been on a bus that went to 4 different resorts. You could get off any one of them if you changed like described in earlier post. We see it often.

Right. But we also have gone to a different resort due to a rider getting in wrong bus. As for luggage though. We always take t with us. I think busses going to a different resort than planned happens now and then. Folks change or whatever. I have been on a bus that went to 4 different resorts. You could get off any one of them if you changed like described in earlier post. We see it often.
That’s true, but it’s not something that you can really plan because you won’t know which other resorts will share your bus. They don’t necessarily care where you get off, but you have to scan twice before you get on. So if you’re supposed to go to say, FW, then you might end up on the same bus to CR and you can get off there. Especially if you don’t have luggage under the bus that’s grouped with the FW bags. But you might share with the Port Orleans resorts instead. Sure, I imagine that the bus would make a special unscheduled stop if a clueless person somehow ended up on the wrong bus despite the precautions in place. It’s not like they’re going to drive them back to the airport or make them take an Uber to the correct resort. But they double scan, ask for your resort as you board, make announcements with the resort order, etc, for a reason.

OP, I definitely wouldn’t miss out at a better resort because of this. If you’re worried that writing the new info on the yellow tag won’t work, then I would follow the advice of previous posters and either pick up your bags and take them in your Uber or else ride DME and give them your claim ticket. But book the resort that you want, no matter how late in the game it may be.

Last edited:
Thanks, all! I just decided not to switch resorts to avoid any problems. This was a last-minute solo trip as a birthday gift to myself, so I'm just going to be grateful that I'm going and not be greedy. I've only been to Disney twice in my life and haven't ever gotten to stay on property, so I'm going to count myself lucky and enjoy All Stars.

Exactly....once on the bus with your luggage. You can get off whatever resort you want or the driver will go there.

Good luck doing this. Number 1 - as someone else mentioned, they load your bags under the bus by resort. When you arrive at a resort, the driver gets off first and unloads all the bags for that resort. I can't imagine what a PITA it might be if your bags were loaded in another section and they're behind all the other bags, risking that is just incredibly rude. Number 2 - who knows if the bus you're on is actually going to go to the resort you want to go to, that is just the luck of the draw. We have used ME several times, and no two times did we go to all the same resorts. Number 3 - I highly doubt a driver will take you to whatever resort you want if you don't get off at the resorts he goes to. Another incredibly rude risk.

We've done it lots. It's even in the ME instructions to do it if you don't have yellow tags or enough tags

DME does have record of picking them up. No idea why someone would say otherwise. Whoever said so on FB was mistaken.

Because they didn't pick it up. Either they couldn't find it on the carousel with the claim checks or for some reason did not go over to get it. It's possible it's lost in the airline system. I know it's in the instructions that you can do it but for my own peace of mind, I wouldn't take the chance. As I mentioned earlier, my friend and I have had some bad experiences with luggage delivery. It just takes a few minutes to get it.

I think many here have lost the point of OP question.

Yes you can use dme tags to get your luggage sent over without you on the bus since the stuff from the plane is not even on said bus with you

Also if it's the same reservation # and you just changed resorts black out the resort name and write the new one. But leave the barcode alone.

Enjoy the Uber and have a fun trip!!

Riders don't get on wrong buses. MB are scanned multiple times to be sure that doesn't happen and the guest's destination is checked again verbally as they board. But, buses are always scheduled to stop at multiple resorts. That's how they are routed. And yeah, once you board the assigned bus you are free to get off any of the scheduled stops. But your bags aren't going to be offloaded at any but your scheduled stop, or the one you told the driver you were getting of at. And you can't just tell the driver to take you to whatever resort you want. They aren't going to do that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter