Too late to book for spring break 2019?

Derry Wade

Disney dreaming :-)
Hi - none of us have cruised before (family of 4 with 2 kids, ages 8 & almost 12). Kids go to different types of schools and spring break is their only shared holiday. Thinking that a Caribbean cruise might be a fun adventure they will remember. We need separate beds for our kids as one has mild special needs. Is it too late to consider spring break 2019 on RCL for a mid-range cabin at a decent price? I didn’t want to bother a TA with a ridiculous request in my ignorance. Thank you!

Based on the Royal Caribbean website there was plenty of stateroom options for a 2-5 night Caribbean cruise in March and April, provided you do not have your heart set on a balcony. I would suggesting playing online with their website to see if any of the dates work for you. If you find a date that works then you can either call them directly for them to do the work to find a stateroom (or connecting rooms) that works for you or call your TA.

If you are willing to accept interior staterooms or ocean view, you can get a room. I booked for March 10th and there were only a very few balcony rooms on each level available over a month ago. The mega ships (Oasis class) also have balconies over the Promenade which are pretty cool.

My favorite website to research cruises is Vacations to Go. It gives a concise listing of every cruise sailing, and is great for sorting by cruise line, dates, itineraries, departure ports, etc. Before contacting a travel agent, you can have a pretty good idea of what is available for your dates and it gives you a ballpark to compare cost of different cruises (price per person shown x 2 plus about $1000 for kids/fees). Then you'll have a better idea what to request if you do decide to contact a travel agent.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts