Too Good to Pass Up

ReneeMoss

Mouseketeer
I just reserved 3 "quickie" weekends at All Star Sports and Music at a $49 rate.
I cancelled our BWV Studios, Standard View. We have been OKW members since 1991 and we enjoy all it's many comforts with our children and grandchildren. However, we are Seniors, and we love Disney on our own. For short weekends we will not "cook in" & I could not resist the bargain price and will save my points for family trips. I hope I am not sorry that I cancelled BWV. We are looking forward to a Winemaker's Dinner during the Food and Wine Festival and also looking forward to the Soaps Weekend. My husband is furious, he was looking forward to walking from BWV instead of the bus. Me? I guess I'm more practical and at the bargain price, I think it's cheaper than using points.......and I think it will be fun to experience the All Stars. Any comments?

For $49.00 a night. I'd do it too. It only means more points to spend on another return "home"!!!!!!!

I'm with you Renee!

We own at OKW and we'll be at WDW and All Star Sports for the Super Soaps Weekend and the Winemaker's Dinner. Great minds think alike :). The $49 rate is just too good to pass up! My husband is going to Orlando for business and my DD and I are tagging along for an impromptu (11 day!) trip. Save your points for your family trips :D.

BTW, which Winemaker's Dinner are you going to? We'll be at the Taste of the French Quarter one on the 11th.

Maybe it's the Minnesota connection (LOL, Diane), but I also agree with your husband. I'd postively HATE to give up the location, especially if I were going to the Food & Wine Festival and Soaps weekend.

Pixe dust so that you encounter absolutely NO transportation problems (to avoid the painful "I told you so's") and both have a wonderful trip!

I'm with you Carol! Save those weekend points to enjoy another trip! :D

I'm with Hubby. BWV is a great location. I think you will miss the size of the accomodations. The double bed would be killer for me. Good luck peeling hubby off the ceiling when it dosn't live up to standards.

We leave in 13 days for a 12 night stay in the world. There are 13 of us for the first week and we decided to take advantage of the $49/night rooms at the All Stars for the first part of the trip. The following Saturday all but one couple will have gone home so then we are moving into the BWV for the last week. My DH isn't too happy about staying at AS, but we did both agreed we didn't want to share our points with this particular group and yet everyone wanted to stay in the same place. Before we joined DVC we always stayed at DXL and have never stayed at AS before. It will be a real shock now as our last trip was in a 2 BDR at OKW. Anyway, to make a long story short I can see it from both of your views. Hope you enjoy your weekends.

There are probably great deals on better accomodations in Lake Buena Vista right next to DownTown Disney. They also have bus service and early entry priveledges. I would try there before trying the value resorts. We also stayed at the Dolphin for $129, well worth the $$$ for what you get. MY advice is to check out the Hotel Deals on DIS, and opt for something a little more accomodating than the Disney Value resorts, I'll bet there are plenty of outstanding deals. Otherwise, your probably in for a let down, given your usual accomodations. But, that's just my opinion.

I did a one week trip by myself during the week of Labor Day last month, and decided to stay at the All-Stars because of the $49 rate also. I found it to be clean, comfortable - pretty much a good holiday inn with Disney themeing.
But I'm not going to stay there again. For an adult, there is nothing to do but go to the pool, the food court, or the bus stop.
If I was to do it again, I would stay fewer nights if money was the limiting factor than having to stay at the AS resorts.

There are probably great deals on better accomodations in Lake Buena Vista right next to DownTown Disney. They also have bus service and early entry priveledges. I would try there before trying the value resorts.

IMO, I don't think the DD hotels hold a candle to the All Stars. I usually book a room using Priceline for the weekends because we are too ... um ... cheap :) to use points over the weekend. I have stayed at the Marriott Orlando World Center and the Wyndham Palace curtesy of Priceline for $48 and $33 respectively (plus "resort fees"). Both hotels are first class, the rooms were very comfortable and the balconies included Disney views of nighttime fireworks. I enjoyed my stays immensely.

I could bid on Priceline for my dates and probably get the Wyndham for about $50, but I won't. Why? Because for the same price or just a little more I prefer to stay at the All Stars. The accommodations are not as luxurious and I don't have a great view. But the All-Stars has more of the Disney "magic" ... one of the main reasons we bought into DVC. Add on frequent bus service and a food court that stays open late --- the All Stars is better for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter