Too early to plan 2019 trip?

c3h3a3r

c3h3a3r
Hi, Hubby and I are looking to go back to Florida (Disneyworld plus a few days at Universal)for our 10 yr wedding anniversary in 2019.
We have 2 sons, currently 13 and 11. We visited Disneyworld in 2011 and 2016 as a family buy they've decided they've "been there-done that" now (crazy right?) So this will be an adult only trip (unless one or both change their mind)
I guess my first question is; Is it too early to start planning?
2) when is cheapest to go (although our anniversary is in July - We are happy to go whenever works out better)
3) we've never stayed on property - which would be cheapest/reccommended?
4) any recommendations for an adult only trip?

Thanks in advance x

never too early to start dreaming and wishing.

2) when is cheapest to go (although our anniversary is in July - We are happy to go whenever works out better)

july will be among the most expensive months to go, as well as a busy one too.
if you're doing adults only, and don't mind leaving the kids to themselves during school time, I'd say that september would be a good compromise. Nice weather, Halloween Program, relatively low crowds, and food&wine :)

in April '18 we should see the return of the free dining deal on the UK or Irish site for 2019. (deal is currently going on for 2018 stays, you could get a quote)
you could get a moderate (suggest Port Orleans French Quarter for a couple), and this would get you free counter service food for your stay (or upgrade to table service)
that won't be the cheapest (it's a moderate) but if you consider a value + food, that's a good value for money to stay at a moderate.

never too early to start dreaming and wishing.

july will be among the most expensive months to go, as well as a busy one too.
if you're doing adults only, and don't mind leaving the kids to themselves during school time, I'd say that september would be a good compromise. Nice weather, Halloween Program, relatively low crowds, and food&wine :)

in April '18 we should see the return of the free dining deal on the UK or Irish site for 2019. (deal is currently going on for 2018 stays, you could get a quote)
you could get a moderate (suggest Port Orleans French Quarter for a couple), and this would get you free counter service food for your stay (or upgrade to table service)
that won't be the cheapest (it's a moderate) but if you consider a value + food, that's a good value for money to stay at a moderate.

Thank you for your reply :)

Me and dh have always gone in September after the schools have gone back and the crowd levels are always good at Disney and universal. As for hotels, we stay at the all star sports and have never had any problems that time of year,although if you're looking at other times of year cheerleaders and big tour groups are housed in the value resorts so you have to be a bit careful with that.
We've only ever done adult only trips and one thing we really enjoy is the food and wine festival at epcot, lots of food and drinks from various countries...I won't lie, we were a bit drunk before we were even half way round :rotfl:

If you are not taking kids you'd be mad to go in July. Back end of April or late September would be good.

Never too early :)
You might want to consider Sep/October as lower crowds and the Halloween Party is probably one of THE best things you can do as a grown up Wear a costume (promise everyone does it brilliant!!) and ride Haunted Mansion at midnight .. brilliant fun. Or go for the first Christmas parties in early November.
Resort wise All Stars is ok .. movies has the best theming but I really loved Pop Century. The resort is a bit better spaced out than All Stars and the theming is still really cool.
Plan a few grown up meals ... go to Animal Kingdom Lodge whilst it's still light - it's is THE MOST beautiful hotel on property - go to the savanna and watch the animals - then dinner at Jiko and drinks by the fire afterwards.. or go polar opposite and get reservations to Be Our Guest !! Even if you can only get a reservation for lunch! It's such a coool experience
Take advantage of the transport .. enjoy a glass of wine or 3 ! Be first at rope drop, be last out of the park ... make a list of all the things you wanted to do but the kids did not... and do them!!!

Is it too early to start planning?

Well I've started thinking about our 2019 holiday since 2016, so I'm going with definitely not :D The only thing is you can't properly book till beginning next year but at least if you have a plan it will make it all a lot quicker and smoother.

We like going in September. Still lovely and warm, but low crowds. You've got Halloween events and Food & Wine at EPCOT. I'd also recommend waiting till Spring to book, as free dining for UK customers should be out by then again.

For an adults only trip I would highly recommend PO French Quarter. It's small but really lovely. Has everything you need, really short bus rides to all the parks & additional water transportation to Disney Springs. It's a moderate so not the cheapest but I think it's well worth the money - especially again with free Dining, you get the Quick service plan rather than just breakfast in the values.
But it all really depends on your budget and what you are looking for. Do you want to spend a fair time at the resort or do you want a bed & shower?

I'd recommend trying some of the lovely Signature restaurants, which you can use credits for (again, I sound like I'm trying to hammer down the dining plan, but we just made it really work for us). What we did was book a moderate resort but upgrade the dining to the Dining Plan, rather than the Quick Service one. But this meant we had the freedom to try all these fancy restaurants without spending a lot of extra money.
We enjoyed the Halloween party as well, without kids we could take this party at our pace and got so much done! If Club Villain is back on, I'd say that's a must do.
But mainly, just enjoy the time together and don't get too caught up in rushing around.

Hope this helps :)

Hi, Hubby and I are looking to go back to Florida (Disneyworld plus a few days at Universal)for our 10 yr wedding anniversary in 2019.
We have 2 sons, currently 13 and 11. We visited Disneyworld in 2011 and 2016 as a family buy they've decided they've "been there-done that" now (crazy right?) So this will be an adult only trip (unless one or both change their mind)

It never to early to plan a trip, I just started planning a 2019 trip and haven't even finished sorting out my January trip yet lol

If it's an adult only trip, I would really recommend going when Epcot food and wine is on (start Sept - Nov); and staying in one of the resorts in the boardwalk area. Or if the Gondolas are finished by then, Caribbean Beach resort.

As you can flop over to F&W have a fun night at the Eat to the Beat concerts that they lay on, eat, drink and party the night away.

although you will need to be Mindful that in 2019 Star Wars "Galaxy Edge" will be opening so i think that will increase the crowds definitely at Hollywood Studio for the rest of the year. (It's one of the main reason why I'm going in 2019, gotta get my Star Wars fix)

Also make sure you do your research to avoid American bank holiday (as I've fallen foul of that a few times) and Disney Race weekends.

Happy Planning and I know you have a fantastic time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter