too cold to swim during X-mas?

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
My friend is heading to WDW 12/27-1/2....her first trip and they are wanting to swim. I have only been in summer months and have no clue as to heated pools etc. They will be staying at the Dolphin...is hoping for a cancellation at one of the mods tho. TIA for any info and pst experiences.

We arrive 12/30 and hope to swim! We usually visit WDW in Jan and always find a good day to swim in the resort pools as they are heated. You do have to prepare for cold weather but with a little luck you can get warm weather too in Dec. I'm thinking positive!

I agree, "think positive". We arrive Dec. 23 and we're packing our suits!!! We usually go in Feb. and find at least one or two days to swim.

Always be prepared and take your suit. We went to Typhoon Lagoon in Dec. and thought it was plenty warm enough. But we are from Michigan. Also, the pools at Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are heated. Have a great time.

It's all relative... we're from Michigan too. Our kids went swimming during our last two January WDW trips... even when the air temp was in the 40's in the evenings. The water is heated like bath water. The locals thought we were nuts, but we had a good time.

Bring your bathing suits - definetly!

Some days will probably be too cold to want to swim but other's may not be. I live here in FLa. and today it's suppossed to be 80 degrees and tomorrow it's suppossed to be 65!!

With the pools being heated, you will most likely get to swim at least a day or 2 -- or even more if you can brave getting out of the nice warm heated pool and into the crisp air when it is chilly out.

Have fun!!:D :cool:

We're from NE and swimming during the winter down south is fine with us, although the natives do give us strange looks! The pools are really quite warm, in fact when we were there during a cold spell in late Oct.'99 people were in the pools to get warm!! Now, a warning.....my dd suffered horrible that Oct. after swimming in the pool. Seems that there are some people that are really bothered by over-heated chlorinated water. Their eyes get very red and feel like there are red-hot pokers in them. Poor dd cried for 2 hrs. Probably did her good in that it washed the chlorine out! She wears glasses, so we got her a pair of prescription goggles. Now she swims pain free!!

We were there last Christmas time and we swam. We lived in Illinois at that time so it seems like great weather to us. The resort pools, along with the water parks, are also heated for the guests swimming enjoyment :D

Originally posted by FINFAN
My friend is heading to WDW 12/27-1/2....her first trip and they are wanting to swim. I have only been in summer months and have no clue as to heated pools etc. They will be staying at the Dolphin...is hoping for a cancellation at one of the mods tho. TIA for any info and pst experiences.

I think it depends on where you're from in part - personally, I prefer the air to be relatively warm too, as well as the water being warm. But, if you're from a REALLY cold climate, then to you, 60-70 degrees might be warm! LOL I've been to WDW in Dec. a number of times, and a few times we've been able to swim a day or two. The rest of the time, we were in sweatshirts, and even winter coats/gloves one year. Weather .. especially in FL... is so unpredictable! I'd take my suit along though, just in case.

We were there Christmas of 2000 and two nights it got down in the 20's. We had a game going while coming back from the parks as to how many peple would be in the pool. The steam was coming off the pool like fog and there was always at least 5-10 in the pool at 9 at night...and it was 25 degrees. So we would always join them for an hour or so. the water is warm its the run to your room that kills you lol......
Its your vacation swim like nobodys watching and have a magical time......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter