Tony's - is it good for lunch/dinner?

lacy1101

DIS Veteran
My kids thought it would be fun to eat at Tony's Town Square in MK since we just recently figured out that it is based out of Lady and the Tramp. It's Italian food, right? I know they are doing the character breakfast right now because Crystal Palace is closed, but I'm not sure we'll be doing that breakfast. What's lunch/dinner like? Thanks for the help!

There was a post about it not to long ago. I think the words "awful", "Blech" , " way overpriced" and "horrible service" were all used! Sorry!

Since it became Tony's we've had dinner there once and haven't been back. Not good at all. That was probably four years ago though, so hopefully someone with more recent experience will chime in for you.

We have eaten at Tony's a few times. The food is not great and you should not expect to leave there thinking "boy that was a meal not to be missed." That said....

Tony's has a great atmosphere. A bronze statue of Lady and the Tramp highlights the restaurant and every time I have been there, the CMs have been friendly and have played up the Landy and the Tramp theme (for example, they are very used to taking pictures of people with a strand of spaghetti between them). For a convenient meal when re-entering the park for the evening, I'd say its a good bet.

So...not a glowing review, but Tony's is fun and worth the trip IMHO.

Hmmmmm . . . maybe I could talk them out of eating at Tonys after all. $100 sounds pretty steep not to enjoy your meal. Thanks for the input!

I did lunch there in July and didn't love it. It was OK, but not worth returning to. If you do go, we did have a nice calzone and tender fried calamari there. Otherwise, the mozzarella sticks were too 'herby', the fettucini carbonara dish was bland- but adding salt helped, the highly recommended tiramisu was oddly prepared and not to our liking. We had a few other items which I forget, but they weren't memorable.

I have never much cared for Tony's, but had a great dinner meal there recently. My sis had the eggplant parmesan, which was a huge portion and very tasty. (I tried it!) Other sis had the spaghetti. She said it was good. I had the seafood and linguini. Yes, the seafood (clams, mussels, and shrimp) was a bit overcooked, but the juices they left mixed with the tomato sauce were delicious over the pasta. They also enjoyed house salads, and I adored the tiramisu w/ coffee.
The service was fantastic!

Well.... I ate there last September and it wasn't what we thought. The menu is VERY limited - 1 page for everything. It doesn't have all of the normal italian food you would expect and it was VERY expensive. We spent about $65 for 2 of us and that was w/out any alchohol or dessert. That was 2 entrees and 1 appetizer. I must add that we didn't have any problem with the service - I guess it is mainly because I am a very picky eater but I love italian food and only found 1 thing on the menu I could eat!! I would not go back but check out www.wdwig.com for a menu and make the decision for yourself. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter