Tomorrowland a Lost Land in Time

Pluto 32

Mouseketeer
With the now open Star Wars Galaxy's Edge I find that Tomorrowland is very much out of place. Star Tours really feels like it does not belong there anymore as it has its own dedicated land and everything else is extremely outdated and not representing the world of tomorrow. So what now?

I’m hoping that Disney will instead of revamping the land of what our now or future would be to be retrofitted as a land where any future can be sustainable. As we all know if you build the land for the future eventually that future will arrive in that land will then be outdated just as this land has been retrofitted multiple times. On the other side of the coin most lands will have to be retrofitted anyway in the future just to keep up with technology and keeping things fresh this land has been retrofitted multiple times. On the other side of the coin, most lands will have to be retrofitted anyway in the future just to keep up with technology and keeping things fresh and new.

I personally LOVE the old school retro look. Bring back what the “house of the future” set to represent what homes in the 1980’s would look like. The retro look will never expire as it is our history. Heck let’s change the name to Yesterland!

I hope that Disneyland will spend the money to to invest in a completely new revamp which includes ripping out and replacing the people mover with a new themed and futuristic people mover. There are a lot of people that feel like that Autopia/ Tomorrowland Speedway is a waste of space but as it is one of Walt’s original rides I believe it should be kept and retrofitted to correct or futuristic times.

I’m curious on some of your opinions as to how you feel about the current land and what should be done with it? WDW is already making improvements on their Tomorrowland with the upcoming attraction Tron which I believe we will get in Anaheim as well eventually...

Last edited:
With the now open Star Wars Galaxy's Edge I find that Tomorrowland is very much out of place. Star Tours really feels like it does not belong there anymore as it has its own dedicated land and everything else is extremely outdated and not representing the world of tomorrow. So what now?

I’m hoping that Disney will instead of revamping the land of what our now or future would be to be retrofitted as a land where any future can be sustainable. As we all know if you build the land for the future eventually that future will arrive in that land will then be outdated just as this land has been retrofitted multiple times. On the other side of the coin most lands will have to be retrofitted anyway in the future just to keep up with technology and keeping things fresh this land has been retrofitted multiple times. On the other side of the coin, most lands will have to be retrofitted anyway in the future just to keep up with technology and keeping things fresh and new.

I personally LOVE the old school retro look. Bring back what the “house of the future” set to represent what homes in the 1980’s would look like. The retro look will never expire as it is our history. Heck let’s change the name to Yesterland!

I hope that Disneyland will spend the money to to invest in a completely new revamp which includes ripping out and replacing the people mover with a new themed and futuristic people mover. There are a lot of people that feel like that Autopia/ Tomorrowland Speedway is a waste of space but as it is one of Walt’s original rides I believe it should be kept and retrofitted to correct or futuristic times.

I’m curious on some of your opinions as to how you feel about the current land and what should be done with it? WDW is already making improvements on their Tomorrowland with the upcoming attraction Tron which I believe we will get in Anaheim as well eventually...

Last edited:

Last edited:
We love tomorrowland, Especially at night. Hope Disney doesn't change it much. Star tours may or may not stay..Ive heard both. As for the people mover..I wish DL had it..Its a great attraction. I kinda like the "retro" ish feeling of tomorrowland. But all in all...We love it. Tron will be a perfect fit. As for the speedway and Autopia. I have heard both...in time will go. Well see. Personally, I liked if you had wings much better than Buzz. I wish they would bring back attractions like that and horizons inEpcot. If you had wings could 110% be relevant today.

I just hope that Tomorrowland get some love! I have heard rumors that everything will go except Space Mtn..... I really don't know if Disney would go that far. I think it needs a MAJOR overhaul though. We are huge TRON fans and would love to see the TRON coaster included. I would also love to see some form of the Peoplemover. I really miss that attraction.

I also think that Auopia will stay. Maybe it will be shorter? But I do think the cars should be changed to electric.

I think they have a tricky job with making the land feel futuristic. Maybe they should just go for a retro theme of the late 50's and early 60's space race? Whatever they do, it needs to be more timeless, or like OP said, it will be dated quickly.

I would love to see it go back to the retro theme of the future- the sort of "Land of tomorrow, today" feel. I don't want to lose Space, but that is really the only thing I like to do in Tomorrowland. I get motion sickness on Star Tours, and not a fan of the subs or Autopia. I miss (and maybe I dreamed it as a child) where you would get on the ride, and it would show you a retro view of the future with flying cars, fancy kitchen and home updates. It had sort of that Jetson's feel to it but Disneyfied.

I maybe be thinking of Carousel of Progress in WDW from when I was young but I swear there was something similar but with individual ride cars.

I'd love for them to include some of the feel of the future city scene from meet the Robinsons into the look of Tomorrowland. I know the movie isn't a favorite of a lot of people, so I'm not suggesting actually including the movie or characters, but the general feel. I mean, heck, part of that scene Easter Eggs the heck out of Tomorrowland as it is. :) And they even have a People Mover. Now, if Disney could just figure out a ride that lets us float around in bubbles, then maybe something from the movie would be cool after all. ;)

There are many threads dedicated to hopefully revamping TL, and there are many rumors that it is on the agenda. I would suggest a forum search to see all the the rumors and pipe dream ideas we all have for a NEW Tomorrowland.

Well, there's been rumors that imagineers have been scouting Tomorrowland to make a plan for eventual refurb of the entire land. Word on the street is that one prominent imagineer simply suggested bulldozing the whole thing and starting over. With apologies in advance to any purists... I'd say I wouldn't necessarily be against that if done right (as long as they could spare Space Mountain!)

I will riot if anyone even mentions touching Space Mountain. They can't, that's the best ride Disney's got (come at me). It's the best concept for a ride EVER.

In a more serious post, the land could probably use some work, but I also love it the way that it is. I love the Peoplemover at WDW, so I'd love to see some version of that come back, but doubt that it ever will because of reasons known by all. It would be nice if they could utilize that track in some different way or remove it, but boy, what a mess that would cause.

Just an FYI Star Tours does not have its own land. Batuu and Star Wars Galaxys Edge timeline is AFTER The Last Jedi. Darth Vader, Hans Solo and many of the character featured in Star Tours are dead. Thats why you will see Darth Vader walking around Tommorrowland but not Star Wars Galaxys Edge. Thats why Star Tours will remain in Tommorrowland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter