Tom Sawyer Island

DizMomAndWife

Mouseketeer
Help!
We're less than a week away from our FP booking day, so I'm trying to nail down our plans as much as possible. We'll be going with our 3 year old and a 1 year old, both girls. I can't seem to figure out how to squeeze in time at Tom Sawyer Island! The only way I can see it working is if we skip going to the room for nap on our full day in MK (3 year old rarely takes naps anymore, maybe the 1 year old will sleep in the stroller??)

So my question, is it worth the stress? We've never been.

I don't personally think so but I know there are others who love it! We took our 4 and 3 year old and we wandered around for a bit, but if I never went back it wouldn't bother me. I would be interested in skipping the nap, but not to do Tom Sawyers Island! lol

I don't personally think so but I know there are others who love it! We took our 4 and 3 year old and we wandered around for a bit, but if I never went back it wouldn't bother me. I would be interested in skipping the nap, but not to do Tom Sawyers Island! lol
Another incentive to skipping nap would be catching FOF parade! I just worry about how our younger one will do. Would Tom Sawyer Island be chill enough for her to maybe catch a stroller nap?

Another incentive to skipping nap would be catching FOF parade! I just worry about how our younger one will do. Would Tom Sawyer Island be chill enough for her to maybe catch a stroller nap?

Festival of Fantasy is something we do every MK day and our kids insist on it! We usually go to Mainstreet around 1:30 and pick a nice spot on the shaded side of the street. The kids play and the CMs bring around signs to hold up, we eat snacks and take turns using the restroom. We love watching FoF on Mainstreet and all told gives us about a 2 hour break in the middle of the day, without having to leave the park. We pull our double stroller right up to the curb so that if the kids want to nap or whatever they can and then they end up with an excellent seat and view of the parade.

Festival of Fantasy is something we do every MK day and our kids insist on it! We usually go to Mainstreet around 1:30 and pick a nice spot on the shaded side of the street. The kids play and the CMs bring around signs to hold up, we eat snacks and take turns using the restroom. We love watching FoF on Mainstreet and all told gives us about a 2 hour break in the middle of the day, without having to leave the park. We pull our double stroller right up to the curb so that if the kids want to nap or whatever they can and then they end up with an excellent seat and view of the parade.
This sounds like a great idea!

This sounds like a great idea!

Just FYI, if you decide to do this check on the time for FOF that day. They are starting it around 2pm right now instead of 3pm, so make sure which one it is for your trip. Then get there about 1 1/2 hours before. You don't have to be that early but we like to secure shade and enjoy the break. We go in April and the shady side is on Caseys side of the street.

Just FYI, if you decide to do this check on the time for FOF that day. They are starting it around 2pm right now instead of 3pm, so make sure which one it is for your trip. Then get there about 1 1/2 hours before. You don't have to be that early but we like to secure shade and enjoy the break. We go in April and the shady side is on Caseys side of the street.
Yes! It's 2pm the day we're there. The plan is to do lunch at Casey's, but really do a picnic at the hub grass. If we can find a nice shady spot, We may just stay in that area to see the parade! Especially with the baby care center so close. Thank you for your help!

We love Tom Sawyer's Island. It's a great spot to escape the crowds and let the kids roam freely without lines. We first took DS when he was 2 and DD when she was 1. They both loved climbing the stairs in the fort, playing at the playground, and crossing the bridges. We make an effort to go every trip because it's a nice change from the frenetic pace of the rest of MK.

I agree with PPs. At your kids ages, skip TSI. That being said my DS (who was 6 at the time) LOVED it and wants to go back on our next trip. I think it's nice because it is a quiet space and the kids can play while others in the party can sit down and relax.

TSI kept getting squeezed out of our plans, too - we finally made it when DS was 10! I'd say to play it by ear, and see whether DD3 needs a nap or some "open space" that day. (I expect the 1-year-old will happily sleep in the stroller, but I don't remember if all the areas on the island were stroller-accessible or not?)

TSI kept getting squeezed out of our plans, too - we finally made it when DS was 10! I'd say to play it by ear, and see whether DD3 needs a nap or some "open space" that day. (I expect the 1-year-old will happily sleep in the stroller, but I don't remember if all the areas on the island were stroller-accessible or not?)
This was one of my concerns as well! If we went during a non-nap time, I figured I would wear her in the ergo. But a stroller nap on the island while big sister plays wouldn't be too bad. Can you bring strollers on the raft? On the Island? Would we have to fold it on the raft? SO many questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!