Tokyo Touring Plan

abbadackerygirl

Earning My Ears
OK!! It has taken me all day to do this, but after carefully studying the Official Guide's "Dumbo-or-Die" plan, and changing it a little for what WE want to ride on at Tokyo, plus adding rides that Tokyo offers...I have come up with the master plan! I call it "Do-or-Die Tokyo!" :thumbsup2

I didn't bother to fit in any shows...not a huge fan. I use the chance to ride more rides when everyone else is busy watching the parade.

DO-OR-DIE TOKYO

1) Disneyland Entrance
Notes: Arrive 40 minutes before official opening time

2) Ride Pooh's Hunny Hunt

3) Peter Pan's Flight

4) Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek FASTPASS Booth

5) Autopia

6) Dumbo the Flying Elephant

7) King Arthur Carrousel

8) Pinocchio's Daring Journey

9) Mad Tea Party

10) Haunted Mansion FASTPASS Booth

11) Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

12) Mickey's House

13) Minnie's House

14) Goofy's Playhouse

15) it's a small world

16) Astro Orbitor

17) Enchanted Tiki Room

18) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad FASTPASS Booth

19) Pirates of the Caribbean

20) Rest

21) Haunted Mansion

22) Tarzan's Treehouse

23) Donald's Boat

24) Chip 'n Dale Treehouse

25) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

The rest of the day will be more relaxed...

Any comments or suggestions?

February is not crowded at all so you shouldn't have any problems but it is super cold so come dressed warmly! For February I don't think you even need to get there 40 minutes ahead of time. I would get FP at Monsters first thing then ride Pooh, the line will move very fast because FP won't started yet. Rides like Autopia, Tea Cups, Pirates, the train, etc. with short fast moving queues you can use as filler in between getting FP's for Space, Splash, Monsters, Pooh and Thunder. I don't think you need a FP for Haunted Mansion. In fact some days are so empty the FP machines for many attractions are closed and Mansion would probably be one of them. I'm not sure if Jubilation will still be running at that time but if it is you can probably walk right up minutes before it starts and get front row or second row viewing.

Check in here a week before you go to check if crowds are normal and what the wait times are but it should be very easy to get everything done. DeepDisney posts wait time in English on their site too! Again what you need to be ready for is the weather, February is very cold and the wind off the Bay is freezing. Keep in mind TDS is closer to the bay and is always a couple of degrees colder.

February is not crowded at all so you shouldn't have any problems but it is super cold so come dressed warmly! For February I don't think you even need to get there 40 minutes ahead of time. I would get FP at Monsters first thing then ride Pooh, the line will move very fast because FP won't started yet. Rides like Autopia, Tea Cups, Pirates, the train, etc. with short fast moving queues you can use as filler in between getting FP's for Space, Splash, Monsters, Pooh and Thunder. I don't think you need a FP for Haunted Mansion. In fact some days are so empty the FP machines for many attractions are closed and Mansion would probably be one of them. I'm not sure if Jubilation will still be running at that time but if it is you can probably walk right up minutes before it starts and get front row or second row viewing.

Check in here a week before you go to check if crowds are normal and what the wait times are but it should be very easy to get everything done. DeepDisney posts wait time in English on their site too! Again what you need to be ready for is the weather, February is very cold and the wind off the Bay is freezing. Keep in mind TDS is closer to the bay and is always a couple of degrees colder.

All very good points... It closes at 8, and Sea closes at 7, so we were trying to get as much in as possible. As far as the weather goes, we are very good at keeping warm. I did a stint in the Arctic during April a couple of years ago. It was -20, and we still had to walk around outside for hours. HOLY MOLY, that was cold!

I have to agree with DreamSweet's post, and give a few more points.

The Japanese love lines; they conform with each other... they have a saying "The Nail that sticks out must be hammered down."
The employees will even work to help back up some lines if they are not long enough.
Some lines for flavored popcorn will be longer than lines for rides.
The new ride (Toy Mania in DisneySea) will have a 1.5 hour minimum wait.
The lines will not die down in the evening; as they have a night pass for Tokyo; a pass for less that gets you in after 6pm; the locals will get off work and reflood the park.
The locals are very proficient at the use of FPs. They will surround the shows and parades, but there is someone in their party running around collecting FPs.
Bring your running shoes; if you plan on getting to the park as the gates open, you may need to run or at least get out of the way of the crowd running in -- making a B-line for FPs and the big rides.
If you are staying in the Resorts you will get a 15 minute early entry pass -- those are very valuable passes and 15 minutes, see above statement.
Check the Tokyo Resort webpage [there would be a link here, but i am too new to post images or links] for park hours and the rides that will be shut down for maintenance.
Any other questions, just ask. What resort will you be staying at?

The Japanese love lines; they conform with each other... they have a saying "The Nail that sticks out must be hammered down."
The employees will even work to help back up some lines if they are not long enough.
Some lines for flavored popcorn will be longer than lines for rides.
The new ride (Toy Mania in DisneySea) will have a 1.5 hour minimum wait.
The lines will not die down in the evening; as they have a night pass for Tokyo; a pass for less that gets you in after 6pm; the locals will get off work and reflood the park.
The locals are very proficient at the use of FPs. They will surround the shows and parades, but there is someone in their party running around collecting FPs.
Bring your running shoes; if you plan on getting to the park as the gates open, you may need to run or at least get out of the way of the crowd running in -- making a B-line for FPs and the big rides.
If you are staying in the Resorts you will get a 15 minute early entry pass -- those are very valuable passes and 15 minutes, see above statement.
Check the Tokyo Resort webpage [there would be a link here, but i am too new to post images or links] for park hours and the rides that will be shut down for maintenance.

I agree that usually running and getting there really early is a good advantage but during the empty season I don't think it's too necesary. Maybe getting there 15 minutes early and walking should be fine even for TSM. I think the minimum can definitely go lower than 90 minutes for sure at TSM at least during the week and keep in mind the wait time is also usually shorter than the posted time. During kansanki the lines definitely die down in the evening that's why the closing time is so early, some people will buy an after 6 pass to spend two hours in the park but not many people consider it worth it. Campus days is an issue and will boost some attraction times but school has just started so while some kids may skip many will probably opt for the weekend.

Plan looks great to me and anxiously awaiting your TDS plan and feedback. I am going at end of March and plan to have 4 days in the parks.

We are WDW/DL regulars so I'm wondering if any of the rides on your DL plan we can skip as being pretty much identical (thinking Dumbo etc)?

After seeing your Avatar I have to add the Sidenote that Mulan does not exist in Tokyo.
Do you know why?
Noooo..... :) Why?

Hilton Tokyo Bay. Do they offer a 15 min pass?

Plan looks great to me and anxiously awaiting your TDS plan and feedback. I am going at end of March and plan to have 4 days in the parks.

We are WDW/DL regulars so I'm wondering if any of the rides on your DL plan we can skip as being pretty much identical (thinking Dumbo etc)?

I've never been to Tokyo, but I would assume it is identical. I'm a DL/WDW regular too, but we have a toddler so Dumbo is tops in our group!

You should check out EvilinaDM101's thread "The Trip for the Quadruple Crown 11/30-12/14 - TR" since she just went to both US resorts and then TDL so it's still fresh in her mind. There are some small differences involving plussing and our attractions are really well maintained but I would focus on the really unique attractions like Pooh, Monsters, etc. at TDL. Dumbo is one of the exceptions where it is the old version with no plussing so definitely skip, Autopia can be skipped too and same with Philharmagic (although the queue is very nice!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter