Tokyo & TDR In February?!

katt789

DIS Veteran
Hi guys!!

Was wondering if any of you have been in mid to late February and have experiences to share! Trip reports, vlogs, blogs, pictures!! Share them here!!

I know it'll be pretty cold, we're coming from Canada so we're kinda used to it, but I know being outside for longer periods of time is worse lol!! How were crowds? I've been to Tokyo in October before, but this time we want to see the Frozen Fantasy!

Thoughts? Tips?!

We are doing late February 2018. My understanding is early Feb is good for crowds. Late Feb you run into college study breaks and it can get crowded - unfortunately that’s us! We’ve never done Japan or Disney and we’re going with our 6yo so we’re very excited - but very green!

Have been in February for a couple of years (sadly not going 2018) and we love it. Frozen fantasy is fun - the decorations are cute and the parade is very sweet too! We had snow one year, otherwise it is cold - particularly in Disneysea at night. Thermals/jacket/gloves/beanies are needed and when it got too cold we'd grab a hot drink somewhere. Sorry it is quiet but it is always busy in the parks - after midday the big rides would have hour waits. Also you'll find seats inside at dining locations can be a bit tricky to find during meal times or when you just want a break. We use fast pass system very well so it didn't bother us except for one particularly busy and snowy day at Disneysea - we park hopped and had a much quieter time at magic kingdom (20 min waits at most for everything). For the past 2 times we bought a vacation package which was fantastic as it includes a character breakfast (sadly this takes away your 15 min early morning magic unless you eat breakfast VERY quickly- this disappointed the staff who made sure characters came round early so we didn't miss them haha) it also included fast passes.

We are doing late February 2018. My understanding is early Feb is good for crowds. Late Feb you run into college study breaks and it can get crowded - unfortunately that’s us! We’ve never done Japan or Disney and we’re going with our 6yo so we’re very excited - but very green!

Yay!! I'll have to check more into the college breaks!! Ah! Japan & Tokyo Disney are incredible!!! If you have any general questions feel free to ask away!! Maybe we'll be there at the same time!!

Have been in February for a couple of years (sadly not going 2018) and we love it. Frozen fantasy is fun - the decorations are cute and the parade is very sweet too! We had snow one year, otherwise it is cold - particularly in Disneysea at night. Thermals/jacket/gloves/beanies are needed and when it got too cold we'd grab a hot drink somewhere. Sorry it is quiet but it is always busy in the parks - after midday the big rides would have hour waits. Also you'll find seats inside at dining locations can be a bit tricky to find during meal times or when you just want a break. We use fast pass system very well so it didn't bother us except for one particularly busy and snowy day at Disneysea - we park hopped and had a much quieter time at magic kingdom (20 min waits at most for everything). For the past 2 times we bought a vacation package which was fantastic as it includes a character breakfast (sadly this takes away your 15 min early morning magic unless you eat breakfast VERY quickly- this disappointed the staff who made sure characters came round early so we didn't miss them haha) it also included fast passes.

Ooo, okay!! That sounds great!! I'm super excited to see Frozen Fantasy! The friend I'm going with is a huge frozen nut, so that decided what time of year we were going (plus it's my second choice after Halloween!!) Sounds like it's not too bad, we had some crazy crowds our last day since DL closed early so DS was packed, and I feel like most afternoons we had hour wait times, so that doesn't seem too bad!!

Did you find the snow kept people away?? We had a couple days in Oct once the sun went down that we had toques, gloves, and 2-3 layers of sweaters/thermals/jackets on and were still a bit chilly, but it was SO hot during the day! Definitely gonna have to start planning cute, cold weather outfits NOW lol!!

Thank you so much!!

Did you find the snow kept people away??

You've definitely chosen the right time to go because I believe this is the last year for frozen fantasy... unfortunately the snow did not keep people away - we were shocked how many people were at disneysea despite the sleet. That particular day was so unpleasant we ended up having a leisurely 2 hour lunch at Magellan's (recommended for a fancy table service meal) which is not like us at all! They sell these instant heat packs for a few dollars that saved us from being frozen! That day we park hopped at Magic Kingdom and a lot of families going there must have given up and gone home as it was a lot quieter (walk on rides - we did the pooh ride about 8 times). During this time of year though you can definitely do heaps of rides using fast pass system and it's still possible to grab fastpasses in the evening (exception toy story/tower/probably the nemo ride as we didn't have that). During some of the days in Feb there are HEAPS of school kids - we had fun with them in line taking selfies and them teaching us some Japanese and practicing their English on us... the effect of them on wait times was a lot of the coasters had waits over a hour in the evening.

Have fun!

You've definitely chosen the right time to go because I believe this is the last year for frozen fantasy... unfortunately the snow did not keep people away - we were shocked how many people were at disneysea despite the sleet. That particular day was so unpleasant we ended up having a leisurely 2 hour lunch at Magellan's (recommended for a fancy table service meal) which is not like us at all! They sell these instant heat packs for a few dollars that saved us from being frozen! That day we park hopped at Magic Kingdom and a lot of families going there must have given up and gone home as it was a lot quieter (walk on rides - we did the pooh ride about 8 times). During this time of year though you can definitely do heaps of rides using fast pass system and it's still possible to grab fastpasses in the evening (exception toy story/tower/probably the nemo ride as we didn't have that). During some of the days in Feb there are HEAPS of school kids - we had fun with them in line taking selfies and them teaching us some Japanese and practicing their English on us... the effect of them on wait times was a lot of the coasters had waits over a hour in the evening.

Have fun!

OH DARN!! We're not going till 2019!! Guess we might swap some things around then!! Maybe wait for the cherry blossoms!!

Hi guys!!

Was wondering if any of you have been in mid to late February and have experiences to share! Trip reports, vlogs, blogs, pictures!! Share them here!!

I know it'll be pretty cold, we're coming from Canada so we're kinda used to it, but I know being outside for longer periods of time is worse lol!! How were crowds? I've been to Tokyo in October before, but this time we want to see the Frozen Fantasy!

Thoughts? Tips?!
I'm going back to TDR in Mid February too, and would love to see others' TRs and/or videos as well :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!