Tokyo sky tree

battymum

DIS Veteran
Following on from another thread, I read that there is a bus from the Disney resorts to the skytree. Is this correct and would it be the best way to get there.?

Yes! If you are staying at the resort it's the easiest way to come back after a long day of sightseeing and cheaper too. Heading over depends on what your plans for the day are. Since it's close to Asakusa you might want to use the beginning part of your day to see the famous temple with the lantern, have lunch at the original Imahan located there, enjoy the Sumida river etc. and then go to the Sky Tree in the second half of the day. The night view of the city is really lovely!

Thank you, I think we wills spend the day exploring asakusa, what would be the best way of getting there from the Disney area?

Would the bus back be easy to find - keeping mind that we have no Japanese.

Dreams sweet love, can you tell me the best subway route to get to the asakusa area? There seems to be two stations called asakusa, and either of them involve several subway changes- I can see this being very stressful for my family.

battymum said:
Dreams sweet love, can you tell me the best subway route to get to the asakusa area? There seems to be two stations called asakusa, and either of them involve several subway changes- I can see this being very stressful for my family.

It's a pain to get there. You are coming from Maihama?

The easiest way is go to Tokyo station and then transfer to the Yamanote line headed to Kanda. Then change to the Ginza line heading to Asakusa and your exit will be exit 6.

I like to use the Hyperdia website to plan my train/subway travel while I'm in Tokyo.

Here are some suggested routes for an 8AM departure on 11/14 from Maihama to Tokyo Skytree (sorted by the least transfers and without walking)

I like to use the Hyperdia website to plan my train/subway travel while I'm in Tokyo.

Here are some suggested routes for an 8AM departure on 11/14 from Maihama to Tokyo Skytree (sorted by the least transfers and without walking)

That's what I use too but a shorter time/cheaper route is more complicated. The way I gave her was the easiest and hardest to make a mistake on the way.

I do have Hyperdia on my phone, but I am just trying to wrap my head around things before we get there.

Can anyone tell me where I would find the direct bus back to Disney resorts from the Skytree?

Will it be easy to find with no Japanese?

I do have Hyperdia on my phone, but I am just trying to wrap my head around things before we get there.

Can anyone tell me where I would find the direct bus back to Disney resorts from the Skytree?

Will it be easy to find with no Japanese?

We went to the sky tree today. We had to get a ticket that gave us a time that would allow us to come back and buy an admission ticket. We picked up the first ticket at about 1:45p and couldn't buy admission tickets until 4:30p. Hopefully you won't run into that, but thought I would give a heads up for your planning. Tons of shops and if you are a Studio Ghibli fan they have a great store there. Have fun!:)

Thanks.
Hopefully crowds will be quieter in April.
It will be OK if we cant ride to the observation deck though. (actually a good excuse not too for this scaredy cat!!)

Did you happen to catch the shuttle bus back to the Disney resort area? I am wanting to know where to find the bus stop?

I took the train to the Oshiage station as I was staying at the New Sanno for the night. We went to the concierge desk and they gave us directions including subway maps in English, marking which lines and stops. If you decide to take the train - when you get off at Oshiage take the east exit straight to Tokyo Sky Tree Town, not the exit to Asakusa street. We made that mistake when we got off the train, but took the east entrance when we went back to the hotel and it was a lot easier and also totally covered which was great because it was raining and we left our umbrellas at the hotel.

Don't worry about not speaking English. I've been in Japan for about 4.5 months and have discovered that a lot of Japanese people speak way more English than I do Japanese. You will be fine asking questions in English. I can vouch for that because we do it too and quite often! But here are a few survival phrases that will pretty much get you through many situations or at least get you to someone you can ask a question in English:

sumimasen - excuse me
gomen nasai - sorry
arigato gozimasu (the u in gozimasu is said so lightly, you don't even need to say it. Same goes for desu) - thank you (polite)
eigo de daijobou desu ka? (eigo sounds like eggo - like eggo waffles) - in English okay?
toire ga doko desu ka? - where is the toilet? Use this one with caution as they may give you directions in Japanese which isn't a help. You can replace toire with whatever your are looking for "_____ ga doko des ka?
Nihongo ga wakarimasen - I don't understand Japanese

I really enjoyed not only the Sky Tree but also the Tokyo Sky Tree Town. I hope you have a great time!

THIS THREAD IS AWESOME!! We plan on making a trip to the Skytree from the Disney area. This is GREAT! :thumbsup2

We went to the sky tree today. We had to get a ticket that gave us a time that would allow us to come back and buy an admission ticket. We picked up the first ticket at about 1:45p and couldn't buy admission tickets until 4:30p. Hopefully you won't run into that, but thought I would give a heads up for your planning. Tons of shops and if you are a Studio Ghibli fan they have a great store there. Have fun!:)

Hi Tinibee! Did the Sky Tree have Christmas decorations inside? If it did can you post photo's of the decorations? It will be lit green until Christmas!

They didn't have the Christmas decorations when we went. The only photo I took was a blurry shot standing on the glass floor looking down to the ground ;)

They didn't have the Christmas decorations when we went. The only photo I took was a blurry shot standing on the glass floor looking down to the ground ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter