Tokyo Packages

kristenabelle

a funny girl
Hey everyone!

I'm interested in buying a package for TDR for two reasons: 1) it lets me book the hotel 6 months in advance instead of 5, which gives me more peace of mind, and 2) depending on the package, it includes 2 Type A FP per person (which, as of April, will include the new BATB attraction - at least, according to the website).

I was testing it out today - we're going in mid-June so I can't book just yet - and it looks like packages can only be booked for 2 nights? I was hoping for at least 3 nights in TDR total. Has anyone experienced anything different? Does anyone seriously recommend me not booking a package? It's my first visit, and I'm willing to spend some extra to make it a great experience

you can add an extra night before or after the package (of course you have to wait 1 month after you book the package and you may have to change room). If you book an extra night before, you will be in the resort by the time the package start and hit the ground running.

Hi,

If you can afford the package, by all means go with the package for the ease of mind. We were about to book the package for our trip this past summer and go on less days due to cost but we kept checking the website daily for hotel rooms at TDR 1 night and Mira Costa 2 nights Venice Side and were able to get rooms and four day passes for less of what the package was in cost (we went June 28-July 1). The parks were moderately crowded but wasn't as bad as we had a plan on rides and what to do/where to go. We definitely passed on Toy Story at Disney Sea initially (we did go on it once since we got a fp) since that is where the crowd went mostly first thing in the morning and we've ridden it here at DL in Ca.

You can always buy the package and cancel as well I believe (look at the cancellation policy as it is different than here in the states) while checking online for hotel rates. If it was me and money was not an option I would do the vacation package but in the end, it all worked out and it can be done without one. :)!

I just booked my first package yesterday, for 2 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta Porto Paridiso view! I am so excited! Initially, I was only able to get one night with the view we wanted, so I booked it. I was finally able to get both nights, so I booked the longer package and cancelled the first one. It looks like there are no cancellation fees as long as you cancel at least 3 weeks out.

Thanks so much for your help, everyone! Looks like there are lots of options, and we're definitely flexible/willing to try for different things. Switching rooms (or hotels even - from TDH to MiraCosta or vice versa) sounds like it might be fun, and the way to go for us

I just booked my first package yesterday, for 2 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta Porto Paridiso view! I am so excited! Initially, I was only able to get one night with the view we wanted, so I booked it. I was finally able to get both nights, so I booked the longer package and cancelled the first one. It looks like there are no cancellation fees as long as you cancel at least 3 weeks out.

Awesome! Sounds like it's going to be a wonderful trip!

Hi,

If you can afford the package, by all means go with the package for the ease of mind. We were about to book the package for our trip this past summer and go on less days due to cost but we kept checking the website daily for hotel rooms at TDR 1 night and Mira Costa 2 nights Venice Side and were able to get rooms and four day passes for less of what the package was in cost (we went June 28-July 1). The parks were moderately crowded but wasn't as bad as we had a plan on rides and what to do/where to go. We definitely passed on Toy Story at Disney Sea initially (we did go on it once since we got a fp) since that is where the crowd went mostly first thing in the morning and we've ridden it here at DL in Ca.

You can always buy the package and cancel as well I believe (look at the cancellation policy as it is different than here in the states) while checking online for hotel rates. If it was me and money was not an option I would do the vacation package but in the end, it all worked out and it can be done without one. :)!

If anything, I think we'll do something similar - book a package, then hunt for any open rooms. Though we can really only spend 3 days in the parks, and I want to make sure we're able to see and do as much as possible. The included fastpasses seem like they could be a real help, especially with the new rides & our inability to book on the app. We'll see how it goes - thanks, and hope you had a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter